Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1517155 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #16185 on: August 04, 2022, 10:50:47 am »
Anyone paying attention to what's going on with WB / Discovery?  They're removing several shows and movies from streaming availability with no plans of making them available anywhere else.  The Twittersphere is losing their minds with "Wait they can do that?" and gamers are just going "Yeah, we've been afraid of that for years."

It's one of those things I knew was coming eventually, but it being this out in the open and blatant is shocking.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16186 on: August 04, 2022, 11:25:16 am »
Anyone paying attention to what's going on with WB / Discovery?  They're removing several shows and movies from streaming availability with no plans of making them available anywhere else.  The Twittersphere is losing their minds with "Wait they can do that?" and gamers are just going "Yeah, we've been afraid of that for years."

It's one of those things I knew was coming eventually, but it being this out in the open and blatant is shocking.

They're removing stuff that's already on there? I heard Batgirl is getting cancelled, but that's still in production.

« Reply #16187 on: August 04, 2022, 11:48:08 am »

They're removing stuff that's already on there? I heard Batgirl is getting cancelled, but that's still in production.

They've taken down at least 6 movies, including An American Pickle and multiple TV shows including Chad which they also pulled from the schedule the day of it's S2 premiere.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16188 on: August 04, 2022, 11:53:57 am »

They've taken down at least 6 movies, including An American Pickle and multiple TV shows including Chad which they also pulled from the schedule the day of it's S2 premiere.

Wow, that sucks. Maybe they're planning their own streaming service separate from HBO.

« Reply #16189 on: August 04, 2022, 12:38:37 pm »
They already have one - Discovery +.  But, they aren't planning on making these available anywhere, because that would make the tax credits they are trying to get invalid and they'd have to pay them back.  Which actually makes it worse than what might happen with video games through company apathy, because Discovery is actively removing / hiding them.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16190 on: August 05, 2022, 09:40:51 pm »

I saw that some of this was happening.
I don’t understand it. I just know it’s always a possibility.
Someday streaming services will figure it out. If it’s easily available, we’ll pay you a little for it. If you make it difficult or expensive, we’ll pirate it.

kashell

« Reply #16191 on: August 07, 2022, 09:19:26 am »
I was going through old emails and completely forgot that I ordered a few things from LRG back in January! I'm trying not to be a Karen but what is the hold up?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16192 on: August 07, 2022, 04:26:41 pm »
I was going through old emails and completely forgot that I ordered a few things from LRG back in January! I'm trying not to be a Karen but what is the hold up?

Outside of checking the site page not much can be known.
All I can really say is that contacting their customer service is a complete waste when it comes to getting an ETA on items

Took them a month to ship out a replacement of a game that was lost in the mail for me. When I asked for an ETA on shipping I was basically told (in a nice way) you'll get it when you get it. What was Hilarious is that they "upgraded" it for me to include a box and card protector. The damn card wasn't even put in the card protector. Just both items bouncing around loose.

« Reply #16193 on: August 08, 2022, 09:03:59 am »
January order means you won't see it before November... at the earliest

kashell

« Reply #16194 on: August 08, 2022, 11:06:45 am »
That's crazy that everything takes so long. It's telling if something from Play Asia arrives sooner than LRG.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 02:51:30 pm by kashell »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16195 on: August 08, 2022, 08:32:31 pm »
That's crazy that everything takes so long. It's telling if something from Play Asia arrives sooner than LRG.
That's because they put in the order for the games after the orders are closed. So when you order your games they have 0 stock in their possession at the time you're placing your order (from my understanding).That's the big reason it takes so long.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 08:39:54 pm by redblaze57 »

aliensstudios

« Reply #16196 on: August 09, 2022, 07:34:13 pm »
I too ordered a game from them in January. It went from "In Hand" back to "In Production" mysteriously. I don't know that I'll be buying from them again
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #16197 on: August 09, 2022, 11:08:20 pm »
I ordered Castlevania: Requiem from them back in February. Just the game itself and it's still in production. What irks me is not so much that it hasnt shipped yet but the fact that it hasn't shipped yet and through Best Buy, they have a listing to pre-order the game like what. They have too much going on and they can't seem to keep up

kashell

« Reply #16198 on: August 10, 2022, 04:50:36 pm »
I ordered Castlevania: Requiem from them back in February. Just the game itself and it's still in production. What irks me is not so much that it hasnt shipped yet but the fact that it hasn't shipped yet and through Best Buy, they have a listing to pre-order the game like what. They have too much going on and they can't seem to keep up

That's the same game I've been waiting on since January.

I too ordered a game from them in January. It went from "In Hand" back to "In Production" mysteriously. I don't know that I'll be buying from them again

Which game?

aliensstudios

« Reply #16199 on: August 12, 2022, 10:59:20 pm »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."