Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599392 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2190 on: April 29, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »
Well those used prices are typically 3rd party sellers, and they can charge whatever they want.  The real thing that bugs me is when you see a really good price on one of those, then you pull it up and they're asking more for s/h than they are for the game.   ???

Yep. eBay has cut-down on this some by making set limits on shipping for certain categories.

foxhack

« Reply #2191 on: April 29, 2014, 04:03:26 pm »
So sellers just raise the prices and offer free shipping. ::)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2192 on: April 29, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »
Well those used prices are typically 3rd party sellers, and they can charge whatever they want.  The real thing that bugs me is when you see a really good price on one of those, then you pull it up and they're asking more for s/h than they are for the game.   ???

Another thing that I've been noticing enough times to worry about it & be very diligent & careful when reading the game's description (mainly on Amazon) is that under the category of "NEW" games...some sellers list what are clearly NOT new games for sale as new with something like a ("Item brand new/never used/still in original packaging") and/or a ("Game is brand New/Never used in original packaging without plastic/shrink wrap; not still factory-sealed">:(

This *should* never be an issue as Amazon's own definition/criteria for listing or selling a game as new is that the "game MUST still be originally/factory-sealed to qualify and/or list as NEW"

This clear & concise descriptor seems meaningless & irrelevant to quite a few...'ethically-challenged' sellers & resellers that I've seen there...SO, be careful - I wouldn't want to see any just about any of you all get burnt or stung w/ such a shitty practice!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2193 on: April 29, 2014, 04:48:16 pm »

True. But at least you won't come across a $0.99 game with $17.99 shipping, like you used to. That's just a let-down.

scott

« Reply #2194 on: April 29, 2014, 04:53:17 pm »
Had that happen to me on a Saturn hockey game once... I bought it and didn't realize on the shipping til it was too late. Doesn't help that I was searching on a whim whilst drunk on high AC micro brew beers either. >_>

Shipped from Canada too. I've since sworn off bidding on things while I'm hanging out at bars haha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #2195 on: April 29, 2014, 05:54:35 pm »

True. But at least you won't come across a $0.99 game with $17.99 shipping, like you used to. That's just a let-down.

Exactly.  If I see the item is overpriced up-front it's easy to ignore.  If it fools me into thinking it's a bargain and THEN I see the shipping is where the real "profit" is, then they've wasted my time.  This is much more an issue on Amazon than ebay, since on ebay you can just sort prices including shipping.  On Amazon they'll list an item and have that "lowest used price" front & center until you click and actually see the WHOLE price.  If Amazon just took shipping into account when determining what "lowest used price" to use it wouldn't be an issue at all. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2196 on: April 30, 2014, 05:39:12 am »
Ladies and Gentleman, I will be absent from the VGCollect forums for a week or so. Exciting things are happening to the Overturf family over the course of the next week. You will not be forgotten. Rest assured, the one you look up to so much will return.

In the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the T-800:  I'll be back. 

bobster

« Reply #2197 on: April 30, 2014, 09:33:17 am »
Ladies and Gentleman, I will be absent from the VGCollect forums for a week or so. Exciting things are happening to the Overturf family over the course of the next week. You will not be forgotten. Rest assured, the one you look up to so much will return.

Good luck with whatever you're doing! We'll play some NES games in your honor  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #2198 on: April 30, 2014, 09:39:36 am »

Have a good time buddy! :)

anruiukimi

« Reply #2199 on: April 30, 2014, 03:47:11 pm »

Have fun! :D

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2200 on: May 01, 2014, 12:51:19 am »
I will be watching your zero edit productions videos until you return.

Just kidding!  Good luck and best wishes to your vague family matters.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #2201 on: May 02, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »
Any PC gamers have advice for me?    I managed to play through all of Wolfenstein 3D and enjoyed it very much; however, playing with carpel tunnel was so hard.  I could not get any of my 3 gamepads to work with that game so I had to use the mouse and/or keyboard.  Very enjoyable just a bunch of pain in my right wrist because its a bad wrist.  Anyways, any advice from any expert pc gamers?

argyle

« Reply #2202 on: May 02, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »
What kind of mouse are you using?  If it's a plain one, might wanna spend the extra $$ for a more ergonomic one and see if it helps.  If you're already using one of those, see if maybe a trackball would work better for you. 

And playing Diablo would probably be a bad idea.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2203 on: May 02, 2014, 06:23:49 pm »
Welp, a gaming forum I admin had a major server crash/fire/some freak force of nature happen today at the host (just when we were about to switch hosts), and the community and staff are pretty much torn and gone separate ways about it. So expect to see me here a lot more.

90snostalga

« Reply #2204 on: May 02, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »
What kind of mouse are you using?  If it's a plain one, might wanna spend the extra $$ for a more ergonomic one and see if it helps.  If you're already using one of those, see if maybe a trackball would work better for you. 

And playing Diablo would probably be a bad idea.  ;)

I have a regular ps2 mouse.  I found the keyboard to be more comfortable for Wolfenstein.  My right hand to use the arrow keys for movement, and my left hand to use the left side of the keyboard for actions (fire, open, strafe, etc).

Is there a more comfortable mouse and keyboard for the Windows 9x that you would recommend?

And per Diablo, I found out that it will install on my laptop which has Windows 8 on it.  And I may try to set up my 360 controller as the mouse as well which would be more comfortable to me.

Do you know if the first Diablo can be played with a Gamepad or probably not huh?