Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1658509 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9255 on: January 25, 2016, 10:32:37 pm »
So, this happened....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:35:34 pm by turf »

Warmsignal

« Reply #9256 on: January 26, 2016, 12:32:29 am »
Something else involving a leak also just happened. The radiator pipes in house just froze and busted. Luckily only flooded the garage area, and a did a little bit of damage the living room ceiling too. Now I have no heat. It's really lame.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9257 on: January 26, 2016, 07:43:33 am »
For gyms, if you have one in your area, try a PAL (Police Athletic League).

Good prices but, ever so much more importantly, imnsho, boxing/knocking some cops on their asses - is quite therapeutic!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #9258 on: January 26, 2016, 10:48:06 am »
Location is a big factor for gyms. Do you know if they can offer a discount to your place of work? I pay a little less than regular rates at my gym because they offered a discount to my work. They raised the rate at the beginning of the year, but now they're offering towel service. I'm so thankful for that because so many people would go and work out and refuse to acknowledge that maybe they sweat, too, on the machines, and should try to clean up after themselves.  A few bucks a month is ok with me if it means that things are cleaner and such.

They waived my sign on fee last year due to where I work, but I'm not sure if they can lower the monthly payment. I can find out. I'm going in Friday ready for battle. They had towel service since the day I started there and they got a bunch of new equipment back in December. It's nice, but some of their stuff is still falling apart and I'm guessing they don't clean it every night.

Skip it and find a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym.  Choking people is a huge stress relief.  The workout is better than anything you can do with weights.  You'll work muscles you didn't know you had.

Here's a good school http://gbgreenhills.com/

I thought about that. I looked on there website but I couldn't find pricing. Do you have to buy your own equipment and gear?

For gyms, if you have one in your area, try a PAL (Police Athletic League).

Good prices but, ever so much more importantly, imnsho, boxing/knocking some cops on their asses - is quite therapeutic!

That...does sound therapeutic. I did a general search and couldn't find one, though.

I hate bitching about these sorts of things, but it's just annoying that the place I currently attend wants to do a random spike in pricing that doesn't feel warranted.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9259 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:05 am »
Something else involving a leak also just happened. The radiator pipes in house just froze and busted. Luckily only flooded the garage area, and a did a little bit of damage the living room ceiling too. Now I have no heat. It's really lame.

That is terrible news! How long does it take to get something like that worked on? (I live in Arizona so it never gets cold enough to worry about the heat going out).

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9260 on: January 26, 2016, 11:12:28 am »
So, I've had all that I can take of Pier Solar and I was all set to jump right into Lost Dimension.

Then, I took a quick look on the PSN store and noticed that a game that I've been wanting to play for a long time now has a PS4 version.

Needless to say, the Banner Saga is now downloading and Lost Dimension is next.

Again.

Kash - do you have any Y's near you?

Warmsignal

« Reply #9261 on: January 26, 2016, 11:30:50 am »

That is terrible news! How long does it take to get something like that worked on? (I live in Arizona so it never gets cold enough to worry about the heat going out).

Since it's an emergency, it's looking like it will be done by today. Evidently when you have a hydronic heating system you cannot cut the thermostat back much to conserve on heating costs, especially when some of the pipes run behind walls where it's freezing cold. That's where they blew, in three different places.

I've said it many times before, but I HATE winter.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9262 on: January 26, 2016, 11:34:58 am »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9263 on: January 26, 2016, 11:36:05 am »

Since it's an emergency, it's looking like it will be done by today. Evidently when you have a hydronic heating system you cannot cut the thermostat back much to conserve on heating costs, especially when some of the pipes run behind walls where it's freezing cold. That's where they blew, in three different places.

Sorry for the bad news. That is the one nice thing here in Arizona. We just get blazing hot in the summer, but I can cut back on cooling and it won't lead to anything crazy like that. I'm sick of my $400/month AC bills. That would buy me a new PS4 for like four months straight if I could survive sitting in a 120 degree house.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

kashell

« Reply #9264 on: January 26, 2016, 11:37:54 am »

Yeah, screw winter. Screw it hard. Team summer all the way.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9265 on: January 26, 2016, 12:49:21 pm »
Personally, I'll take the spring and fall over our extreme hots and colds of summer and winter any day!

Also, when did Bastion for the PS4 happen?

That was another unexpected surprise when I visited the PSN store for the 1st time in awhile today.

Dayum.

Not very much really *stays* exclusive anymore, huh?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Warmsignal

« Reply #9266 on: January 26, 2016, 06:16:00 pm »
Still discovering more busts in the line. AND of course water damage to some of my console boxes I had stored behind the wall. Pretty much the only box I didn't want ruined because it was near mint, my original Dreamcast box got soaked on one side as another line thawed out today and started leaking all over my stuff.  >:(  :'(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9267 on: January 26, 2016, 07:11:43 pm »
Pro Tip: If you play in the NBA, don't punch and break your hand on one of the face of the equipment staffer. bad idea.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9268 on: January 26, 2016, 10:12:19 pm »

Skip it and find a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym.  Choking people is a huge stress relief.  The workout is better than anything you can do with weights.  You'll work muscles you didn't know you had.

Here's a good school http://gbgreenhills.com/

I thought about that. I looked on there website but I couldn't find pricing. Do you have to buy your own equipment and gear?

All you need is Jiu Jitsu Gi.  Just set up a free class and try it out.  All you'll need for that is shorts and a t-shirt.  Choking and bending folks is awesome. 

In other news, y'all won't catch me on here much during the day.  I'm up for a BIG promotion at work and I have a few projects that could make or break me.  I've gotta keep my head in the game. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:15:43 pm by turf »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9269 on: January 26, 2016, 10:34:13 pm »

In other news, y'all won't catch me on here much during the day.  I'm up for a BIG promotion at work and I have a few projects that could make or break me.  I've gotta keep my head in the game.

Good luck