Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672335 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13005 on: April 21, 2017, 03:31:04 pm »
Found a crummy app that very loosely prices games, I don't know where they get their prices from or even if it's accurate... but a lot of games don't even have value.. but I put all of my collection in there and got this number.

~$49,955.

whats it called? I would like to something so that I know a rough values for insurance
Gameye

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13006 on: April 21, 2017, 03:44:44 pm »
I wonder what mine would cost.  It might make me sick.

« Reply #13007 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:45 pm »
Why would it make you sick?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13008 on: April 21, 2017, 07:32:49 pm »

The amount of money I could have if I would liquidate.

desocietas

« Reply #13009 on: April 21, 2017, 07:37:03 pm »

The amount of money I could have if I would liquidate.

Would have to consider amount of time/money it'd cost to get rid of the collection ...  Face it, we're in too deep! It's your boy's problem now ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13010 on: April 21, 2017, 08:28:12 pm »
I don't know, $50k isn't enough to make me consider it.

soera

« Reply #13011 on: April 21, 2017, 11:48:34 pm »
If 50k was on the table, I'd be out. I would reinvest a couple grand into the games I really like and be done with it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13012 on: April 24, 2017, 09:49:52 am »

I don't know, I'd consider it for cash.  50 grand would let knock a big chuck off of my house payment.   I'd think long and hard about that much money.

Knock out a big chuck of the house and have an EXTREMELY curated collection?  I'd have to think long and hard about it.

rayne315

« Reply #13013 on: April 24, 2017, 11:23:00 am »

I don't know, I'd consider it for cash.  50 grand would let knock a big chuck off of my house payment.   I'd think long and hard about that much money.

Knock out a big chuck of the house and have an EXTREMELY curated collection?  I'd have to think long and hard about it.

My collection isn't worth nearly that much money but if someone came up and offered me a reasonable price for the entirety of my collection I think I would sell it all. minus probably the super Mario world me and my father sat down and played as my fist video game ever and first ever beat together.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13014 on: April 24, 2017, 12:14:25 pm »
Having a hand picked collection of the finest titles would be pretty dope, but I'd probably wind up building the same collection over again, albeit slower given how things are these days.

My collection is probably worth at least $10k over what it estimated given it doesn't cover accessories, systems, guides, magazines, toys, figures, special editions, etc.  And a bunch of the higher priced games didn't give a value (Rule of Rose, Earthworm Jim CD, Steel Battalion, etc).   Not to mention the 10 boxes or so of dupes.

If someone offered me cash money for what my collection is worth, market value, I'd think about it, but I'd probably turn it down.  Too much of what I have would be hard for me to reacquire and some games are just going up in value.  Now, if the same type of offer came in a years from now, when I've played much of the games I want to play, I'd probably do it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13015 on: April 24, 2017, 06:17:27 pm »
No way I'd go for it. If I made all that money, I'd probably just turn around and end up using a chunk of it on gaming, again. It makes me happy, that's why I collect it.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13016 on: April 25, 2017, 11:08:14 am »
But its not like the money would come in a second. You gotta consider taxes on earnings and the issues with needing to sell everything whether on ebay or craigslist or what have you.

« Reply #13017 on: April 26, 2017, 08:40:07 am »
So VGPC just added a collection tracker to their website, which is something I've honestly been surprised they hadn't done yet. 

I'm testing out their import feature right now, don't expect it to work very well.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13018 on: April 26, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »
Found a crummy app that very loosely prices games, I don't know where they get their prices from or even if it's accurate... but a lot of games don't even have value.. but I put all of my collection in there and got this number.

~$49,955.

whats it called? I would like to something so that I know a rough values for insurance
Gameye

I need to check this out. Thanks!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13019 on: April 26, 2017, 04:02:50 pm »
So I just finished the True end for 999. Holy crap that game was amazing. Crazy to think its an original DS game.