Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672266 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13230 on: June 20, 2017, 01:09:30 pm »
While on the topic of Atari, apparently Hyperkin has a product they are working on called the Retron 77 which plays Atari 2600 games and outputs to HDMI.

Me personally, I won't be buying one unless it can do 5200 and 7800 as well.

rayne315

« Reply #13231 on: June 20, 2017, 05:44:02 pm »
I read through the financial publications information found here http://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/publications-financieres/ (Thank you google translate) and by the sound of the financial report they do not have the slightest inkling to create a competing console nor the financial wealth. their entire objective is to grow their mobile gaming library (specified as phone gaming) and to licence out and grow their media presence through movies and tv shows.

The main challenge today is to define the rights portfolio that can serve as a basis for this reconstruction, with the following priorities:
- Online games ;
- Mobile games;
- Co-productions or licenses in multimedia (mainly television and cinema);
- Connected objects;
- Licensing activities.
The Group is exploring opportunities for strategic partnerships in these areas.

So yes the rumor of the competing console I found is fake.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13232 on: June 20, 2017, 09:08:19 pm »
New mention of Resident Evil 2 Remake "coming soon" from producer!

I thought this project had been abandoned since the last time we heard about it was in 2015.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/resident-evil-2-remake-coming-soon

doafan

« Reply #13233 on: June 22, 2017, 04:34:01 pm »
This morning went to my parents house because my mom asked me to move and throw some stuff that I had at my old room, have thrown to the trash can at least 1,000 CD's and DVD's which of course I made unreadable with a little help of a pair of scissors, when was doing this noticed an old box hidden inside of a piece of furniture, as far as I remember I used to keep the most important things of my childhood in there and have to say that give tons of joy to discover under lot of papers my old RoboCop 2  game, for more than 15 years had the idea that it was stolen when was a kiddo, this little fella really stinks a lot, will gonna take care of him and try to clean the pins by myself and really hope that still works  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pacpix

« Reply #13234 on: June 22, 2017, 10:26:53 pm »
While on the topic of Atari, apparently Hyperkin has a product they are working on called the Retron 77 which plays Atari 2600 games and outputs to HDMI.

Me personally, I won't be buying one unless it can do 5200 and 7800 as well.

I'd totally be on board if it could play 5200 carts.  Regardless it's good to see a pre-NES systems getting some love by a clone system company.  Could be a good sign for future releases.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

shepard11

« Reply #13235 on: June 22, 2017, 11:35:37 pm »
Boy I've had a bit of luck lately. Still in the tail end of my closing my house (July 20th can not get here soon enough). Two days ago my 07 Toyota Camry started acting up. Ended up taking to my mechanic. Find out a bad head gasket which in turn killed two sparkplugs, my water pump and my timing belt. And since I'm lock into a contract for the house. I couldn't get a line of credit through the auto shop. I had a mini freak out because how am I going to pay for this repair? My parents ended up covering the repairs with their credit card (on the grounds I'm paying them back). I wanted to puke because at a 35 year old man I really don't feel I needed  help from my family. On another note the mechanic said this was probably a problem with the car when I brought it (which was in January) because he said the engine looked it was patched but not fixed properly". Where I brought my car at I read reviews about lemons and I was like nah those people were unlucky. I think I believe the stories now. My next car is going to be a brand new one once this car gets paid off. The plus on this after I drop all this money in the engine it will run like a dream. It makes me miss my 97 corolla every day. Sorry about the rant y'all.

kashell

« Reply #13236 on: June 23, 2017, 08:50:07 am »
@shepard11: Never apologize for ranting. This is one of the many uses of the topic. I'm glad that your folks are helping you out so you can stay mobile. Cars are such an annoyance. Unless you live in a city with good public transit, they're a necessity.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13237 on: June 23, 2017, 10:51:09 am »
Hey ya'll long time no talk! Sorry I've been missing everyone. Work has been crazy and I've been working on a project for the unofficial /r/gamecollecting discord server! Everything has finally slowed down though so glad to see everyone is still having a good time :)

rayne315

« Reply #13238 on: June 23, 2017, 12:03:41 pm »
2 hours later and darius burst is still up if anyone wants the vita version of it.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #13239 on: June 23, 2017, 12:10:05 pm »
EDIT:

Moved to proper thread.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:43:04 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13240 on: June 23, 2017, 10:41:42 pm »
Gamestop story...  went into a GS today and the GA discouraged a customer from picking up Horizon ZD because he doesnt understand why the robots are like dinosaurs.  He doesn't understand why they aren't all just drones.  Why developers do things just to do things.

And then he proceeded to talk about how he likes Pac-man.

shepard11

« Reply #13241 on: June 23, 2017, 11:28:35 pm »
Gamestop story...  went into a GS today and the GA discouraged a customer from picking up Horizon ZD because he doesnt understand why the robots are like dinosaurs.  He doesn't understand why they aren't all just drones.  Why developers do things just to do things.

And then he proceeded to talk about how he likes Pac-man.

Maybe he enjoys Pac-man for it's deep and rich story. (Don't get me wrong I enjoy Pac-man as much as the next guy)

Warmsignal

« Reply #13242 on: June 24, 2017, 02:01:57 am »
It blows my mind how much prices have changed since I was heavily into game hunting back in the day. I was really into Sega CD back in the late 2000s, picking up a lot of random stuff. Browsing through eBay, my head is spinning looking at those prices. So many $5 and $10 dollar games I remember then, now $40, $50... hell $80 games now. Does the market for Sega CD really keep increasing every year? I mean, Lunar is still only $80, Terminator is still about $80, but you're telling me Wild Woody is $125?!? Keio Flying Squadron is no longer $400 but is now $1,200?!? $50 for turds like Sewer Shark and Supreme Warrior?!? WTF. I just can't believe this stuff anymore.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:08:39 am by Warmsignal »

azure

« Reply #13243 on: June 24, 2017, 01:54:53 pm »
Welp happened upon a Switch at an out of the way Walmart while picking up some dog food on the way home. Decided to go ahead and pick one up, so I am now a Switch owner. Splatoon 2 isn't out till July, so any suggestions of what to check out in the meantime? (Aside from the obvious first party Nintendo games) Anyone play Blaster Master Zero? Never played the original so it would be all new to me.

shepard11

« Reply #13244 on: June 24, 2017, 08:39:11 pm »
Boy when it rains it pours. I went to one of my haunts to pick up a CIB Pokemon Conquest a game I've been wanting for awhile. I thought hey I got the day off I'm going to do some yard saling to get my mind off my $4000 repairs on my toyota and closing on the house. Didn't find anything out in the wild as I'm leaving the fifth yard sale I get into my car and it doesn't start. I'm like oh great what I need call my father (who is an hour away) over I think it's the battery. He start tinkering around realize the bushing in the linkage cable has snapped. So we literally put it together with a paper clip and get it back to my townhouse. From there we go over to Advance Auto and picking up a new bushing and thought hey this should be an easy job. We literally torn the whole motor apart took us 2 hours to get fix it something that's no bigger than a dime and as thick as piece of pez. Had I took it to a shop the repair would have cost me 400 bucks. Money I just don't have right now. Since we fixed ourselves it cost me 10 bucks for the bushing and a dinner for my parents. Why did Chevy think hey your gears should be controlled by this cheap piece of plastic is beyond me. I know once my Yota gets paid off I'm trading this car in for something that's not a Chevy.