Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532160 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13755 on: October 09, 2017, 12:11:21 pm »
I think the fishing mini-game in Breath of Fire III is my favorite.

I love catching whales with nothing but a stick and good rhythm.

rayne315

« Reply #13756 on: October 09, 2017, 02:13:55 pm »
I went out fishing last night to a dock designed for barges to anchor at. there were no barges there at the time so I was fishing the underside of this huge ass dock and caught 16 fish. 11 stripped bass, 2 large mouth bass, and 3 walleye. the smallest fish was a 2lb 3 oz walleye and the largest was a 9lb 9oz stripped bass. That was definitely one of my best fishing days in a very long time!

That sounds great! Do you keep the fish and save them for eating later?

I've always been curious about fishing but have never done it myself. I've heard it can be pretty difficult! Not nearly as easy as how video games make it ;)

lol no but I should have. I like to catch and release. the only time I ever keep a fish is when they swallow the hook and removing it will kill them. no sense throwing back a dead fish when I will eat it anyway.

you should really go some time. its nice and relaxing and worth it if you catch something or not. plus when you get a good bite and fight the fish its a rush! I mainly bottom fish so while im waiting for a bite I read a book, converse with whoever is with me, or relax and sometimes nap.

im actually looking into going down south for a weekend to a Asian carp infested area and trying out bow fishing. nothing like getting tons of food while helping protect the environment. (in case people don't know asain carp is an invasive species and it is actually illegal to release one back into the water if you catch it in the us)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #13757 on: October 09, 2017, 03:10:47 pm »
That sounds awesome!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #13758 on: October 10, 2017, 01:40:11 pm »
With all of the motion control bashing going on around here lately, I've developed a new found romanticized view of the Wii. It's helped me appreciate the novelty of the console more. I've realized that my collection has largely ignored the games that are built around the motion control element. Games that are often criticized as casual - I feel like they're worthy, and even essential to a Wii collection. Which gives me a convenient excuse to go hunting for more games, and that's always fun. So haters, keep on hating.   ;)

desocietas

« Reply #13759 on: October 10, 2017, 01:46:04 pm »
With all of the motion control bashing going on around here lately, I've developed a new found romanticized view of the Wii. It's helped me appreciate the novelty of the console more. I've realized that my collection has largely ignored the games that are built around the motion control element. Games that are often criticized as casual - I feel like they're worthy, and even essential to a Wii collection. Which gives me a convenient excuse to go hunting for more games, and that's always fun. So haters, keep on hating.   ;)

Haha, I actually have been telling the bf that I'd love to hookup the Kinect again for the sake of doing interactive gaming with him. We need to get back into exercising, and I thought it might be fun to try it out with him. I really enjoyed Kinect Adventures and some of the workout titles aren't bad at all.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13760 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:36 am »
Apparently eBay doesn't allow you to filter by platform anymore.

I have a bookmarked page that shows all N64 listings on ebay, it now shows ALL video game listings, but it still says N64 Games.

Tried searching for other games and still can't find a way to filter by platform anymore.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:29:15 am by ignition365 »

karyann

« Reply #13761 on: October 12, 2017, 11:13:36 am »

I know what you mean! Some games use motion controls very poorly, and they gave it a bad rep. But there are some which do it really well, and these games make motion controls' existence so worth it! Sure, the sensors in the wiimotes are far from great. But some games still exploited it very well, and it laid the ground work for better motion controls down the line 8)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13762 on: October 13, 2017, 02:39:25 pm »
Does anyone know of a famicom to NTSC adapter that will fit in a NES-101? 

I'm trying to get famicom games to work in my top loader.  My fancy famicom adaptor (the cool things with the ribbon coming off of them) doesn't fit in a top loader.  It's just too girthy. 

Any help to get Japanese games to work on my NA top loader would be really appreciated.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13763 on: October 13, 2017, 04:07:30 pm »
Do you know about the Gyromite adapter? That game, and a few others have built in adapters. There are guides on what to do on Google to get them out of the cart.

« Reply #13764 on: October 13, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
I think it's all of the 5 screw games.

I wanna say without opening it you can tell if it has the adapter because the cart is slightly heavier than other carts.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13765 on: October 13, 2017, 04:53:39 pm »
Do you know about the Gyromite adapter? That game, and a few others have built in adapters. There are guides on what to do on Google to get them out of the cart.
I think it's all of the 5 screw games.

I wanna say without opening it you can tell if it has the adapter because the cart is slightly heavier than other carts.

It's not all Gyromites that have it in there.  I've actually never found one.  I have a Gumshoe, Excitebike, Kung Fu, and Stack Up that have them in them.  I don't want to bastardize a game though.  I'm weird like that. 

I was hoping there was just an adapter that I could buy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13766 on: October 13, 2017, 05:51:48 pm »
Theres always a retron 5 or cheap famiclone you can use.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13767 on: October 13, 2017, 07:06:10 pm »
You know something that's been strangely missing from every store during the Halloween season, are those giant leaf bags that look like pumpkins. Odd how things just kind of went away. You can still get them online, but they cannot be found locally.

Something that needs to stop on the other hand, is stores putting out Christmas at the beginning of October. One whole month of Holy Jolly this and that is quite enough for me, we don't need three months of it.

kashell

« Reply #13768 on: October 14, 2017, 11:14:15 am »
I like Christmas, but I don't like the Christmas season. Especially since it starts after Labor Day. It's madness.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13769 on: October 14, 2017, 12:01:48 pm »
I like Christmas, but I don't like the Christmas season. Especially since it starts after Labor Day. It's madness.

Yep. People get crazy, traffic gets crazy, and there's just too much socializing, by the end after all the work parties, family gatherings, and kids events in my case, and so on you just feel burnt out.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:03:40 pm by burningdoom »