Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651548 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3195 on: August 20, 2014, 11:22:50 pm »
well you're lucky. All this Zoe Quinn shit is flooding my timeline since I follow so many gaming industry people.

I'm tempted to abuse my mod powers and completely ban all discussion about that here. I just don't want that drama here. This topic NEVER ENDS WELL, ANYWHERE.

It sounds a bit like stifling discussion / censorship, but far from it. I just don't want people to fight about it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:26:55 pm by foxhack »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3196 on: August 20, 2014, 11:29:21 pm »
I always try to stay out of that kind of shit. There's no point to it. I made a couple tweets relating to it, but were all very innocuous (and I still got a sort of scathing tweet back as a result of one of them). But oh well. I don't really care about the issue at all, I'm just getting tired of seeing it everytime I get on twitter, lol.

Edit: I actually started to read the "Zoe post" that started all of this, but I stopped because I honestly just felt weird reading the personal conversations between two people.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:45:05 pm by Bwigdahl »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3197 on: August 21, 2014, 08:34:39 am »
I hit 3,000 posts and didn't even realize it! ;D

time flies here; doesn't it?!

*EDIT*

Wtf's a Zoe Quin?

Sometimes my ignorance & non-use of any social media makes me feel smarter than the average bear   :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:39:04 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #3198 on: August 21, 2014, 08:53:34 am »
Wtf's a Zoe Quin?

Sometimes my ignorance & non-use of any social media makes me feel smarter than the average bear   :P

I second this, what's all this Zoe drama about? Maybe I don't want to know... :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #3199 on: August 21, 2014, 09:06:31 am »
Wtf's a Zoe Quin?

I second this, what's all this Zoe drama about? Maybe I don't want to know... :-\

Third'd, and I'm pretty sure I don't wanna know but I'm about to Google it anyway.  Fear not, I hate the drama so I feel no need to discuss/argue/rant about such BS here or anywhere else.  :D

EDIT:  Yup, I knew I didn't want to know.  Read a one-sentence sum-up of the issue and I'm good.   :-X
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:08:10 am by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #3200 on: August 21, 2014, 09:12:39 am »
I hit 3,000 posts and didn't even realize it! ;D

time flies here; doesn't it?!

*EDIT*

Wtf's a Zoe Quin?

I'm in the same boat. Vgcollect is my only social media. No Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, instantgram, wespeak, phonesmymouth, birdchat, nerdface, and all those social media things lol. I'm a straight outkast and live under a rock!

90snostalga

« Reply #3201 on: August 21, 2014, 09:18:19 am »
@Argyle, is that placed in Millbrook called RPG?

abe

« Reply #3202 on: August 21, 2014, 09:19:49 am »
Wtf's a Zoe Quin?

Third'd, and I'm pretty sure I don't wanna know but I'm about to Google it anyway.  Fear not, I hate the drama so I feel no need to discuss/argue/rant about such BS here or anywhere else.  :D

EDIT:  Yup, I knew I didn't want to know.  Read a one-sentence sum-up of the issue and I'm good.   :-X

Now I really don't want to find out what this is about. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #3203 on: August 21, 2014, 09:42:40 am »

The place I know about is in Prattville, and I *think* it has "retro games" somewhere in the name.  Not 100% on that tho - eventually I plan to get up there & see for myself! :P

I never get up to Millbrook, so I dunno what's up there - if you find something tho, lemme know!  ;)

EDIT:  Looks like we're both right (sorta ;) ) - it's call RGP, and that stands for Retro Game Planet.  So, the more you know.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/RGPER
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:44:15 am by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

90snostalga

« Reply #3204 on: August 21, 2014, 11:47:01 am »

The place I know about is in Prattville, and I *think* it has "retro games" somewhere in the name.  Not 100% on that tho - eventually I plan to get up there & see for myself! :P

I never get up to Millbrook, so I dunno what's up there - if you find something tho, lemme know!  ;)

EDIT:  Looks like we're both right (sorta ;) ) - it's call RGP, and that stands for Retro Game Planet.  So, the more you know.  :)

Lol. I'll let you know. Maybe its because I'm not from up there but Pratville, Montgomery and Millbrook are all right there that they seem like one big city. You make it like Millbrook is far far away from Pratville lol. But yea, I'm actually going to try and get a job with them when I'm up there.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3205 on: August 21, 2014, 12:09:04 pm »
Yeah, I'm not seeing it everywhere, either. I never even heard of this chick or what's going on until it was brought up here. I had to Google it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3206 on: August 21, 2014, 12:14:04 pm »
Yeah, I'm not seeing it everywhere, either. I never even heard of this chick or what's going on until it was brought up here. I had to Google it.

Hahaha!

Seems like that 'vocal minority' has struck again :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #3207 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:03 pm »

Hahaha!

Seems like that 'vocal minority' has struck again :P

Pretty much. One of the points of this thing was that no news site wanted to report on it and that was cause for alarm because 0MG THEY'RE TOTALLY TRYING TO HIDE THIS.

The whole situation is stupid. It's only drama because a bunch of people keep trying to make it drama. Most arguments are about the dev's private life and they spiral into insults and name calling against her.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:24:39 pm by foxhack »

argyle

« Reply #3208 on: August 21, 2014, 12:29:15 pm »

Lol. I'll let you know. Maybe its because I'm not from up there but Pratville, Montgomery and Millbrook are all right there that they seem like one big city. You make it like Millbrook is far far away from Pratville lol. But yea, I'm actually going to try and get a job with them when I'm up there.

Honestly?

I'm not 100% sure where Millbrook is.   :-[  ;)

Hope you get that job - then maybe I can get a "VGCollect Friends" discount.  ;D

If it wasn't SO HOT I'd make a drive up there this weekend, from the pics on their Facebook page it looks like they have a LOT of stuff.  Some of the prices I can make out seem a little steep, but I've been told that they have no problem negotiating prices and also give good trade credit.  I'm thinking it might be easier for me to trade them my Atari 2600 + games then trying to sell it on ebay & having to pay those fees & shipping. 

90snostalga

« Reply #3209 on: August 21, 2014, 01:11:44 pm »

Honestly?

I'm not 100% sure where Millbrook is.   :-[  ;)

Hope you get that job - then maybe I can get a "VGCollect Friends" discount.  ;D

If it wasn't SO HOT I'd make a drive up there this weekend, from the pics on their Facebook page it looks like they have a LOT of stuff.  Some of the prices I can make out seem a little steep, but I've been told that they have no problem negotiating prices and also give good trade credit.  I'm thinking it might be easier for me to trade them my Atari 2600 + games then trying to sell it on ebay & having to pay those fees & shipping.

I understand. Where I would be going is to the country part of Montgomery which will be so different to me. I've always lived in the inner city and I've never had to drive far to get anywhere but a fresh start is good for me. If I did work there I would certainly get you a discount  :D

I'm actually going to try all the plants and the State jobs since the Capital is up there. What I did enjoy is there thrift stores galore! I've never seen so many in one area that I did not even see one goodwill.