Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 278994 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #855 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:14 pm »
Ant-Man. It was pretty cool.

It was.  I had no real desires for it since it's not a character I like, but I came out liking the movie.  Marvel has their movies down right.

telly

« Reply #856 on: July 20, 2015, 08:31:12 am »
Watched Inside Out with my fam over the weekend. It was a fun movie! Plus I got some Swedish Fish which I love  :D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #857 on: July 20, 2015, 09:25:20 am »
Joe Dirt 2..... It sucked
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #858 on: July 20, 2015, 12:11:17 pm »
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.

I want my 2 hours back.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #859 on: July 20, 2015, 01:40:56 pm »
Don't mess with the Zohan, roflmao ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

doafan

« Reply #860 on: July 20, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »
My vacations are finally over where in these past 12 days I did saw a lot of movies but only six of them deserve to be mentioned, was able to see the first two in the movie theater with my wife and my daughter the rest where saw at my house also I have to admit that need to see Predestination again cause didn't fully understand it  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #861 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:04 pm »
willy wonka and the chocolate factory

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #862 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:16 am »
I took The Boy to watch Pixels yesterday.  If you can get past some of the dumb things that happen and just eat your popcorn, it's a fun movie.  It's gonna get beat up for all those cheesy things, but it was a good time. 

doafan

« Reply #863 on: July 27, 2015, 12:15:05 pm »
This past Friday my daughter saw some images of the Little Mermaid when she was browsing some videos at YouTube so she asked me for the movies and I did spent my full weekend watching with her the three parts, damn I never knew that there were so many movies of Ariel, her favorite one (and mine to I guess cause at least I saw it ten times) was The Little Mermaid II: Return to the sea also I finally was able to see Mall Cop 2 which was funny as hell, the latest five minutes of it totally made my Saturday but then I saw Little Big Soldier with Jackie Chan and totally made me cry  :'(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #864 on: July 27, 2015, 12:23:54 pm »

Pretty damn good, I though. It's not the classics that Terminator 1 & 2 are, but if you are a fan of those films, you should enjoy this one a lot. Because it pays a lot of fan-service to those films. I liked the actor that played John Connor. And Sarah Connor is waaayy hotter this time around.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:26:07 pm by burningdoom »

doafan

« Reply #865 on: August 03, 2015, 04:55:21 pm »
This past Saturday I saw with my wife the World's End movie which I really didn't expect her to enjoy it that much, none of the actors were recognized but it was pretty damn and fun to see together, also I did return to cartoons since my little girl asked me for the third part of Cinderella and I did saw it at least three times and finally The Maze Runner was such a experience, am glad that the second part of this one is gonna be released this next month here  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #866 on: August 03, 2015, 06:27:30 pm »

Ant-Man. Pretty funny.

« Reply #867 on: August 04, 2015, 10:08:33 pm »

Just got back from DBZ: Resurrection "F" and it turned out to be a lot better than the last one, though honestly that wasn't so hard lol Lots more action throughout and having the regular guys back to fight, even Master Roshi, was awesome! Jaco is now a favorite character of mine lol The movie itself is good, and i'm fine with Frieza being back, especially since technically this is an alternate timeline where the movie with Janemba doesn't exist that Frieza came back in, just to get instantly wasted by Gohan.  Though I will say his threat kinda wears down quickly which makes things kinda fizzle, but still I had a ton of fun.

I feel like the best thing about these movies has been their world building.  Though I have just learned these were things revealed before, but never knew about.  Vegeta has a brother who was actually brought up and shown off in a DBZ ova from about 7 years ago I missed somehow named Tarble.  They talk about him in the last movie.  In this movie, with Jaco, he's from a manga that shares the same universe as Dragon Ball and in that, Bulmas sister named "Tights"..."Tights Briefs" lol...Is a thing too.  Add in the Gods of Destruction and multiple universes and it creates some very interesting possibilities for future movies and the now running "Dragon Ball Super" series which I hope gets dubbed soon.  Dragon Ball is not a series I can watch subbed lol

abe

« Reply #868 on: August 11, 2015, 03:39:35 pm »
Just finished watching the first season of Daredevil on Netflix. I enjoyed watching it, though I haven't read the comics so I can't really comment on how faithful it was to the source material.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #869 on: August 11, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

Just got back from DBZ: Resurrection "F" and it turned out to be a lot better than the last one, though honestly that wasn't so hard lol Lots more action throughout and having the regular guys back to fight, even Master Roshi, was awesome! Jaco is now a favorite character of mine lol The movie itself is good, and i'm fine with Frieza being back, especially since technically this is an alternate timeline where the movie with Janemba doesn't exist that Frieza came back in, just to get instantly wasted by Gohan.  Though I will say his threat kinda wears down quickly which makes things kinda fizzle, but still I had a ton of fun.

I feel like the best thing about these movies has been their world building.  Though I have just learned these were things revealed before, but never knew about.  Vegeta has a brother who was actually brought up and shown off in a DBZ ova from about 7 years ago I missed somehow named Tarble.  They talk about him in the last movie.  In this movie, with Jaco, he's from a manga that shares the same universe as Dragon Ball and in that, Bulmas sister named "Tights"..."Tights Briefs" lol...Is a thing too.  Add in the Gods of Destruction and multiple universes and it creates some very interesting possibilities for future movies and the now running "Dragon Ball Super" series which I hope gets dubbed soon.  Dragon Ball is not a series I can watch subbed lol
Didn't DBZ Resurrection F kinda of hint at Frieza was going to be defeated at the end of the movie? If that's the case, then I would have rather had Frieza defeat Goku/Vegeta, etc. because I think it could have opened the doors for a more interesting alternate storyline where Frieza takes over Earth. That's would be interesting to add on the world building in the movies. Dragon Ball Super is alright for the first 5 episodes, its seems like episodes 4-7 are kind of like a retelling of Battle of the Gods, which does make sense. The biggest problem with Super is that the animation quality can be absolute garbage at times, mostly doing fight scenes. It looks worse than the DBZ movies from the mid 90's, and DBZ Kai at times. I really wish the animation quality would get upgraded, since Toei is doing the best right now out of all Japanese animation companies and DBZ is one of their biggest properties.