Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 83307 times)

foxhack

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #330 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:48 am »
Double post hell yeah!

Resident Evil (jewel case version) was $3. The back inlay is a bit warped but the game is serviceable.

The games? Well they seems to be Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2 on cart. There's this seller that has told me about Famicom carts for weeks... and he finally brought them last week. Unfortunately for me, I didn't go to the flea market last week so I missed out on a ton of stuff. The guy still had a bunch of decent games, but I couldn't tell if some were originals or not. They seemed legit, but some had a sticker with Chinese writing on it, possibly an importer's label. The games included Gegege No Kitaro, Super Dodge Ball, Raid on Bungeling Bay, Spy Vs Spy, Rygar (Argos No Senshi), Wild Gunman, and a few carts that were definitely bootlegs (Tantou Corporetion?)... Anyway, those were $2 each. I told him I'd come back later once I did my rounds, and when I did so, a guy was already looking at the games. He took -everything- I left behind. I just said, "I'm okay with that. I took the Mario games." :P

Now to fish out my NES and a converter so I can try them out.

jobocan

« Reply #331 on: January 04, 2012, 05:37:49 pm »
I'd generally not spend the money on pirate carts like this, but the price was right on those, quite a cool find there @foxhack.

foxhack

« Reply #332 on: January 04, 2012, 07:06:15 pm »
That's actually the second SMB2 pirate cart I've found in my area. I think. The first one was smaller and kinda rusted so I never tested it.

jobocan

« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »
It's actually the first time I even see a picture of that particular SMB2 pirate cart, all the other ones I've seen have been the same size as normal famicom carts, so that's pretty cool.

jobocan

« Reply #334 on: January 06, 2012, 08:58:13 pm »
Just picked up Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad on the Xbox 360 (one of the few games I care about on the system... basically my only regret when I sold my previous 360), as well as Raiden IV on 360. But I'll have something much cooler to post about on Sunday... :P

scott

« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2012, 05:27:08 am »
Just picked up Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad on the Xbox 360

I've kinda always wanted to get that game, ha.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2012, 07:21:29 am »
ohhh a teaser for Sunday! ha

jobocan

« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2012, 11:13:39 am »
Just picked up Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad on the Xbox 360

I've kinda always wanted to get that game, ha.

Gotta love the awkward look you get from the people behind the counter when you buy that game :P The first time, the guy was just kinda dumbfounded that someone bought it at all. This time, the 3 girls behind the counter just looked at me weird a little bit :P
But people don't know that it's actually not a bad game. Some elements are a bit awkward (the game or manual don't say how to kill a certain enemy that you encounter often), but if you don't mind a mildly repetitive game (it IS a beat 'em up after all... and it's quite long), it's quite fun.

jobocan

« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2012, 10:30:36 am »
Well, I said I'd have something cool today, so here it is:

side of the cabinet... Gravitar!

I got myself a new arcade cabinet! This one in particular is an Atari Gravitar that was converted to a Neo Geo MVS 1 slot (I'm pretty sure it's a MV-1F but I'm not 100% certain... anyone with more knowledge about that than me could tell me):
The inside of the MVS!

It came with a couple games, World Heroes 2 and Thrash Rally:
MVS games, World Heroes 2, Trash Rally

It was a hassle to move downstairs, due to being huge and a lot heavier than an empty cab like my MAME, but now that it's there it's not moving for a while.
Interesting thing here is that my MAME isn't configured properly, so it can't play Neo Geo games so... yeah, now I can!

For now I ordered a multi-cart with "120" games, but there are some games I want the actual cartridges for, so this may be the start of a new collection :P
Neo Geo MVS cabinet!

scott

« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2012, 12:01:53 pm »
Oh nice, one of these days I'll have an Upright Centipede cab to go along side my mame cab. ha

madmax

« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »
They were cheap and stores are getting rid of psp stuff cause of the vita. I wasn't able to preorder FFXIII-2 Crystal edition though :(

« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2012, 02:07:22 pm »

rockband keyboard yay. got if off of amazon when they had it on backorder for $25. You can see my excitement of not being able to contain myself on it's final arrival by how blurry the photo is ;)

desocietas

« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2012, 02:27:23 pm »

rockband keyboard yay. got if off of amazon when they had it on backorder for $25. You can see my excitement of not being able to contain myself on it's final arrival by how blurry the photo is ;)

awesome! i don't remember it being $25... i might've backordered one, too, if i'd known.  but then again, i haven't placed RB or GH in a while...  let me know how you like it and how it adds to the game.

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2012, 03:50:52 pm »
I've wanted RB3 and a Keyboard for a while now. But I've also not really played RB or GH in a long time either.

« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »
Thankfully how fun it is transcends how completely awful I am at it.