Author Topic: New XBox Reveal on May 21  (Read 28336 times)

sin2beta

Re: New XBox Reveal on May 21
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:37 pm »
So, I'm just halfway through this now. But it is fantastic. Adam Koralik rants about the XBox One. But he does it very intelligently and not just being angry. I also like how he breaks up the types of gamers. Anyways, it is a good video to just listen to in the background. Watching isn't really needed.

UPDATE  @26:30 he states my opinion very well on Sony and Microsoft.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:37:43 pm by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »
Microsoft should hire us. We'd know how to make one kick-ass console!  8)

What would you guys do if you were to design the XBox One?

What I would want on it:

-No fees of used games
-No need for online "check-ins"
-Full backwards compatibility (not emulation) for both XBox 360 and the original XBox.
-Steam support.
-Make Cloud gaming optional, and still support hard drive and flash drive use.
-Wave the XBox Gold requirement for multiplayer (XBox is the only one doing this) and instead give premium support and services for the XBox Gold price.
-Pack-in a Halo title with every console (remember pack-in games?).
-Create a classic controller for Xbox Live Arcade games.

sin2beta

« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2013, 05:07:58 pm »

What I would want on it:

-No fees of used games
-Full backwards compatibility (not emulation) for both XBox 360 and the original XBox.
-Steam support.
-Wave the XBox Gold requirement for multiplayer (XBox is the only one doing this) and instead give premium support and services for the XBox Gold price.

I agree for the most part. But doesn't Sony now charge if you want to play multiplayer with PS4? In all honesty, I don't mind paying a small fee for an online multiplayer server. It does cost money and as long as a decent amount of that fee does actually go to the server, that's something I am willing to pay for.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

ffxik

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2013, 08:05:23 am »

What I would want on it:

-No fees of used games
-Steam support.

Nope.  PS+ is now required for multiplayer on the PS4 @ $5/month

I'm guessing a lot of people aren't really in the know of what it takes to make a console genuinely backwards compatible.  Versus the alternate route of emulation which at best is slip shod, yet more cost effective.

The only other problem I have is the Halo game.  I have never been a fan of the series so....  A pack in title would be the bee's knees though.

blipcs76

« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2013, 10:32:18 am »

Great video.  I watch/listened to the whole thing.  He points out everything that frustrates me about the XBone.

soera

« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2013, 12:20:35 pm »
I watched the entire thing too. Very spot on. I still cant believe that Microshaft has not come back and decided to change their minds but that shows just how either 1) oblivious, 2) stubborn, or 3) moronic they are.

htimreimer

« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:16 pm »
I watched the entire thing too. Very spot on. I still cant believe that Microshaft has not come back and decided to change their minds but that shows just how either 1) oblivious, 2) stubborn, or 3) moronic they are.
there desperate. look at win8,win8 phones and look at the UI of both Xboxes,  they are trying to be apple, there trying to be trendy and there trying not to become irrelevant and lose money.

« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2013, 12:48:18 pm »
i've never wanted a game console to fail until now.
if this xbox one fails then that might open the game publishers and console publishes eyes. WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS! without us you are nothing, give us what we want and not what will make you more money.

blipcs76

« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2013, 02:20:49 pm »

My thoughts exactly.  I've always been a Nintendo fan, but I never actively rooted against a console manufacturer.  The more options for games we have, the better it is for gamers.  The XBox One is a huge step backwards for the rights of gamers as consumers.  If it succeeds, it will set the precedent that Sony and Nintendo will likely follow and shows we, as consumers, don't really care if we own what we buy.  It makes the medium of games 'disposable', which is currently happening with DVDs due to the success of Netflix and other streaming services.  My pawn shop has thousands of DVDs for sale and I see huge collections of DVDs at garage sales since people have moved to the convenience of streaming over the certainty and freedom of physical ownership.

ffxik

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2013, 03:38:47 am »
if this xbox one fails then that might open the game publishers and console publishes eyes. WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS! without us you are nothing, give us what we want and not what will make you more money.

I'm with you there.

ffxik

« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2013, 03:44:52 am »
Personal story read if you wish.   :P

Earlier today I decided I needed to get out and head to my local independent game shop.  I didn't make it before they closed.  Because we blew a tire on the way and was two hours getting it taken care of.   :'(

So after plunking down monies for a new tire.  I decided to do something stupid.  A very reckless decision.  I decided to go to Gamestop, the forbidden ground I hadn't walked in years.  Knowing full well they would be open.  Curious to see the hubbub around the new console generation launch.  There must have been an e-mail that circulated because they were pushing the One like no other.  Flat out calling the bad press it received lies posted by Sony employees

I asked about the PS4 and by either happenstance or other worldly intervention they were not taking pre-orders for that console at the moment.  They told me they had taken all they could but still had plenty of Xbox Ones to get me into the next generation.  That they would be able to sell the used games for the One no problem.  I noted the expression when I told him I'm not fond of shopping here simply because I'm not a fan of this places business practices.

Needless to say I got kicked out again.  I left with a smile on my face.   ;D

soera

« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2013, 08:57:16 am »
Heh that sounds awesome. I think on my next day out, Im going to go there and see what kind of shit I can start. :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2013, 10:04:40 am »
Personal story read if you wish.   :P

Earlier today I decided I needed to get out and head to my local independent game shop.  I didn't make it before they closed.  Because we blew a tire on the way and was two hours getting it taken care of.   :'(

So after plunking down monies for a new tire.  I decided to do something stupid.  A very reckless decision.  I decided to go to Gamestop, the forbidden ground I hadn't walked in years.  Knowing full well they would be open.  Curious to see the hubbub around the new console generation launch.  There must have been an e-mail that circulated because they were pushing the One like no other.  Flat out calling the bad press it received lies posted by Sony employees

I asked about the PS4 and by either happenstance or other worldly intervention they were not taking pre-orders for that console at the moment.  They told me they had taken all they could but still had plenty of Xbox Ones to get me into the next generation.  That they would be able to sell the used games for the One no problem.  I noted the expression when I told him I'm not fond of shopping here simply because I'm not a fan of this places business practices.

Needless to say I got kicked out again.  I left with a smile on my face.   ;D

Left w/ a smile on your face, and made me smile, too :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2013, 02:41:50 pm »
They kicked you out, just for saying you're not a fan of how they operate. Wow

I went into a GameStop yesterday and it was the complete opposite. They were pushing PS4 and dogging on the One hard core.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »
They kicked you out, just for saying you're not a fan of how they operate. Wow

If he got kicked out, I'm sure it was more than just an underhanded comment. I'd imagine he got a little angry. If not, then yeah, that's ridiculous.