Author Topic: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32925 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2014, 03:31:53 am »
Just picked up:

Duke Nukem: A Time To Kill (PSX)
Links Awakening DX (GBC)

And this lot of 6 Atari 2600 games all with manuals:
Airlock
Bugs
Journey Escape
Snakesss
Warplock
Encounter at L-5

blipcs76

« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2014, 10:04:23 am »
Just picked up Sonic Blast Man 2 for super famicom today

Nice!  I have great memories of playing the original on SNES.  Not the best beat em up, but it was so over the top and absurd that i couldn't help but love it.  Great soundtrack too!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2014, 12:56:15 pm »

Just watched Jared's video today? lol

If so I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of picking that game up after watching the review

Bwigdahl

« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2014, 12:58:21 pm »

Just watched Jared's video today? lol

Yes... but to be fair, I had heard of it before and almost bought it a while back. Kinda just forgot about it and that video reminded me, lol.

argyle

« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2014, 02:44:00 pm »
Picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters for the Xbox today from Goodwill, $2.  Anyone know if this is some kind of add-on content or is it the original game + extra stuff? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2014, 02:51:15 pm »
Picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters for the Xbox today from Goodwill, $2.  Anyone know if this is some kind of add-on content or is it the original game + extra stuff?
If I remember correctly, it's the original + extra. It's the version that came out on PC as well.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2014, 04:57:15 pm »
If I remember correctly, it's the original + extra. It's the version that came out on PC as well.

You are correcto my friend Bob.  Lost Chapters is the first one with extra content.

argyle

« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2014, 08:29:47 pm »
Nice, works for me!  :D  It's in great shape too, was a good find by my Goodwill's standards.  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

90snostalga

« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2014, 08:34:48 pm »
Nice, works for me!  :D  It's in great shape too, was a good find by my Goodwill's standards.  :P

Yea thats a good find.  I found one at good will a while back for pc.  Eventually I'll get around to playing it and all the Fable games  :)

spac316

« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »
I recently purchased NARC for NES(CiB!), WWF Raw for XBox and WWF Wrestlemania The Arcade Game for Saturn!
I also just downloaded NES Remix 2 for Wii U!

foxhack

« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2014, 10:10:03 pm »
My mom and I went to the US  to get her driver's license renewed and on the way back we went to the local Toys'R'Us to get a gift for my nephew, who turns one year old on Sunday. (His father, my brother, turns 40 on Saturday. Go figure.)

Half the damn store was on clearance. I hit the game section and lots of things were on sale - and of course, since I'm not a modern console gamer like most everyone here, I couldn't really get much - but I did find Rock Band: Metal Track Pack for $2 after clearance discount. It says it's used so I hope it's not -too- scratched.

I also saw a pretty good PS3 headset that also works on PC for $24 (60% off). I'll be going back tomorrow to pick one up for myself and one for a buddy.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2014, 10:44:53 pm »
I recently purchased NARC for NES(CiB!), WWF Raw for XBox and WWF Wrestlemania The Arcade Game for Saturn!
I also just downloaded NES Remix 2 for Wii U!

Nice, NARC is certainly an interesting game for the NES when you look at the "children's games" rep Nintendo has now.

Drug dealers, hypodermic needles, exploding people into pieces. Etc.

Great game for it's time. It was one of my first pickups.

Didn't know there was a NES Remix 2! Seeing videos of the first one almost made me want to buy a WiiU.

« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »
Just bought Metroid for FDS and Gun Nac for Famicom.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2014, 12:10:01 pm »
So, this happened yesterday.  I couldn't get away from work yesterday, so my wife went to pick this stuff up.  Craigslist deals still exist!  Dude kind of knew he had something, but "didn't know how to work ebay".  His loss is my game... er... I mean gain.

We did the video late last night.  This was actually the first time I'd looked through the stuff.  You get to enjoy it with me.

It's a little long, but it's worth it.

argyle

« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2014, 12:47:07 pm »
Absolute crap day at the yard sales today - got nothing at all from them except a .25 book about ancient China for my wife.

Would have been a complete waste of a morning if I hadn't thought about the clearance sale at TRU someone mentioned here yesterday.  I had been to the sale when it first started, but thought I'd swing back by to see if anything new had gone up or if the prices had dropped further.  That was a "yes" to both!  :)  Got these - I snagged the last copy they had of each one:

All for PS3:

Driver: San Francisco - $12
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - $6
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - $4 (got this mainly because it came with a free Soundgarden greatest hits cd :D )
Skyrim: Legendary Ed. - $16

Skyrim was the biggie for me, I've been looking for a good deal on it.  Played & beat it on PC but wanted it for PS3 for my collection, plus I may play through it again for trophies.