Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 48044 times)

argyle

Re: amiibo
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2015, 01:44:36 am »
Got a spare Gold Mario if anyone needs it, cost + shipping. Brand new, but the very top (I'd say 1/2 inch) of the package was bent back in shipping. Perfect otherwise.

Ill take you up on that offer if you still have him

Yup - hit me with a PM, send me your address so I can figure what shipping will be & we'll hash out the details. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2015, 01:57:46 am »
The new Mario and Luigi amiibos look better than the first release versions, in my opinion.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2015, 02:01:24 pm »
So out of the newly announced Amiibo, Ness is a Gamestop exclusive, Jigglypuff is a Target exclusive and Greninja is a TRU exclusive.  :-\

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

bobster

« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2015, 02:08:14 pm »
Damnit! Gamestop is going to screw me, I just know it.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2015, 02:18:47 pm »
Damnit! Gamestop is going to screw me, I just know it.

Gamestop is the one I'm *least* worried about... :-\

BTW, a friend of mine who's a GS store manager & keeps me "in the know" w/ Amiibo news told me last night that the GS website is supposed to update at 2:00 CST w/ the preorders for the new ones. So that's about 40 mins from now...

« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:11 pm »
Get out there and reserve them right this second.  It's your only chance lol Lucky for me, the only Amiibo's I'm interested in are the Splatoon ones, the Yoshi one for the Yoshi plush itself, and then the wave with Ganon and probably Zero Suit Samus.

bobster

« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2015, 03:11:12 pm »
Gamestop is getting slammed or something. Site is super slow. Also, there's a product page for Jiggly Puff at Target, but pre-order button is greyed out.

argyle

« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2015, 03:21:05 pm »
Gamestop is getting slammed or something. Site is super slow. Also, there's a product page for Jiggly Puff at Target, but pre-order button is greyed out.

Yep, they haven't updated yet tho. Guess word got out (which I kinda expected).

bobster

« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2015, 03:21:57 pm »

Yeah I didn't see Ness under the search of Amiibo. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep an eye out!

argyle

« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2015, 03:25:26 pm »

Yeah I didn't see Ness under the search of Amiibo. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep an eye out!

The update *might* be happening now - I just got a different page that says "We're currently down for improvements".

EDIT: Ok, here's some good info. Apparently, according to this article on Destructoid - http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-the-full-rundown-on-all-the-wave-4-amiibo-madness-today-including-gamestop-s-plan-289917.phtml - you can preorder the new Amiibo in-store as of 2:00 CST, but the web preorders will be turned on "at a later time" to allow the stores to sell to their customers first. So if you can get to a GS now, do it. I'll have to wait until I get off work, so if the website hasn't updated by then I'll just swing by my store on the way home and preorder there.

Be aware tho, it's not a standard in-store preorder but a in-store web preorder - basically, the employees are ording them off of the website for you (or their internal website specifically) and you will get them shipped to your house. You also have to pay in full up-front like this.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:38:55 pm by argyle »

desocietas

« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2015, 03:47:34 pm »

Yep, they tweeted this out yesterday...

https://twitter.com/gamestop/status/583403611054571520
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2015, 04:17:45 pm »
After the most stressful hour of my life, I've managed to preorder two Ness Amiibo. One for me and one for a friend. ;D EB Games' website was so buggy and slow it actually took over an hour to complete the orders. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

bobster

« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2015, 04:18:49 pm »
After the most stressful hour of my life, I've managed to preorder two Ness Amiibo. One for me and one for a friend. ;D EB Games' website was so buggy and slow it actually took over an hour to complete the orders. :'(
Lucky! Gamestop is still down for me. Constantly refreshing hoping they get out of maintenance soon lol

bobster

« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2015, 04:47:04 pm »
Holy crap this is a cluster F. All the gamestops in my area are crashing the system trying to get preorders in. I can't even get one in store  :o

« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2015, 05:25:53 pm »
I was probably the only one waiting in line for the Splatoon 3 pack and not Ness lol I ended up just leaving so I'll pop back in later or tomorrow.