Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34749 times)

foxhack

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2012, 10:06:51 pm »
That Warcraft set you bought... that's incredibly rare to find in such good condition. Wow.

jcalder8

« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2012, 10:09:24 pm »
That Warcraft set you bought... that's incredibly rare to find in such good condition. Wow.
Really? I thought you could still buy it brand new.

foxhack

« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2012, 11:36:50 pm »
Not that particular variant. I sold one of those for more than $50 last winter. Really beat up.

You can't really buy that version anymore, you can only buy the Battle.net edition, and that doesn't include the original Warcraft. Blizzard doesn't sell it anymore.

jcalder8

« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2012, 12:04:16 am »
Not that particular variant. I sold one of those for more than $50 last winter. Really beat up.

You can't really buy that version anymore, you can only buy the Battle.net edition, and that doesn't include the original Warcraft. Blizzard doesn't sell it anymore.
Wow I had no idea. I scanned the barcode when I got it but I guess I look at the wrong edition or something.

Thanks for the info!

scott

« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2012, 12:50:25 am »
Finally picked up the Diablo III LE strategy guide today. I had it on pre order thru Amazon, but the assholes over sold it and I never got a shipping confirmation... so I searched around town. and snagged the last copy from Best Buy. The shitty part is, I would a saved money on the Amazon order, since it was a special price, but rather than never have it show up, I'd rather pay full retail and know I have it.

Also the Xenoblade Chronicles Art book came today! Thanks again soera for handing these out!

And lastly, I found an excellent deal on Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - Collectors Edition (ps2) and it should be arriving soonish. I'm excited... to rip that soundtrack to my iPod.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:54:37 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2012, 12:52:52 am »
That's the Warcraft set I have! Only no box and I think I only have the discs anymore. Nice find on all of those, for sure.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2012, 09:44:05 am »
Scott:

What, exactly, is this Persona 3 PS2 CE that you're talking about?

Is it just the PS2 Persona 3 FES w/ the ost?

Also, since "scanning" was just mentioned...what all shows up when you scan the barcode of a game?

Does it fill in *all* of the blanks that we do when entering a game manually (including what the back of the box says)...or just basic bar-code, item #, release date kind of stuff?

What do scanners cost -and- are they simple to connect & use (to a computer and/or a PS3)?

Seems that one could save me many hours of adding different items...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:26 am »
Yesterday I made a trip to a town about an hour away.  While I was there I did a little looking around. 
Rogue Squadron (N64)    - $6
Rebel Leader: Rogue Squadron III  (GameCube) - $7
Banjo & Tooie (N64)   -  For FREE!!!  Cool Guy Discount strikes again!

Jr. Game Chaser Tip #4:  ALWAYS ask for the "Cool Guy Discount"  You never know what they'll do.  The worse that can happen is they say "What?  No"

scott

« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2012, 10:06:56 am »
Scott:

What, exactly, is this Persona 3 PS2 CE that you're talking about?

Nope its regular Persona 3, rather than FES, it comes in a box with an art book and soundtrack.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:16:00 am by scott »

foxhack

« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:49 am »
I thought all new Persona 3s came with that slipcover, CD and book. :P

scott

« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2012, 11:32:23 am »
I thought all new Persona 3s came with that slipcover, CD and book. :P

Perhaps they did. But it was called "collector's edition" where I found it. Either way, I'm glad I found it. I still don't know much about the SMT series, so forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject of releases and bundles. :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2012, 11:39:36 am »
I really don't remember which Ps2 Persona games I bought when...but, right now, "PS2-Wise" I have P3: FES and P4, ost's for both, and an art book for P4...somehow I seem to have missed-out on the P3 art-book :(

Anyhow...just back from a garage sale.

Nothing spectactular; but, for $10.00 I went home with:

Brutal Legend (PS3) CIB; Disc is mint (I already have several of these, but for $2.00...wtf)?!

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PS2) CIB; Disc is mint (never heard of it or played it)

Medal of Honor: Vanguard (PS2/Greatest-Hits) CIB; Disc is mint (never played any of these, but I'm sure that it's far from rare:)

Jumper: Griffin's Story (PS2/Sealed) (Never heard of it...no idea what kind of game it even is) and

ZOO Hospital (Wii/Sealed) (totally flying blind here -never owned a Wii & know nothing about its games)...but all of this has *got to* be worth $10 or more; right...right???

desocietas

« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2012, 01:57:28 pm »
Brutal Legend (PS3) CIB; Disc is mint (I already have several of these, but for $2.00...wtf)?!

I picked up Brutal Legend for $3 new at Best Buy back in November... they were super cheap back then for some reason, so when I see it going for $20 sometimes, I laugh.

It's a good game - certainly worth more than $3.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2012, 02:54:19 pm »

I picked up Brutal Legend for $3 new at Best Buy back in November... they were super cheap back then for some reason, so when I see it going for $20 sometimes, I laugh.

What did you think of the game's music/Soundtrack?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2012, 03:22:04 pm »

What did you think of the game's music/Soundtrack?
I picked it up of $10 a couple of years ago.  It's an awesome game.  I liked all the different types of gameplay.  As for the music, the metal angle they went with was sweet.  But then again, I'm a metal guy.