Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge 2022  (Read 32738 times)

Re: 52 Games Challenge 2022
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2022, 01:39:01 am »
9. Tobal No. 1 - Gren Kutz

I admire it for being something semi-different for its time, but it hasn't aged well. It gets the chop.

I LOVE this game!

Sure it isn't the best 3D fighting game of that era, but as you said it did a lot of things different than Tekken or Virtua Fighter, and for that I have to give it mad props. More than anything though I have a ton of nostalgia for it and that alone makes it a game worth playing still.

If I’m being completely honest…
I really only bought it for the Final Fantasy VII demo  ;D

You and many other people lol

I actually really wanted to play Tobal more than anything. I didn't get into RPG until a few years after FF7 came out, and I had a Game informer magazine with Tobal on the cover so it got me hyped for it. Unfortunately I didn't get to play it until the early 2000s since I didn't get a Playstation until then lol

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2022, 01:51:41 am »
14. Tobal No.1 (PS1)

Kashell inspired me to pop this game in tonight and play through t a few times. I haven't played this game in at least 10-years, and going further back, it was one of the first games that made me wish I had a PS1 back in the late 90s. While I did eventually get a PS1 in 2000, this game was one of the first I made sure to track down and buy.

Tobal No.1 fits somewhere between Tekken and Virtua Fighter in terms of its overall quality. Visually I actually really love of Tobal No.1 looks; it has this very Squaresoft look to it from that time period and can also be seen in FF7 as well. It's this odd early 3D charm that most people write off as looking like garbage, but for me it is heavily sentimental and under appreciated. But of course this game also utilized Akira Toriyama's arts style from the characters to the stages. Maybe with the exception of Virtua Fighter 2, I honestly feel like Tobal looks better than most of those other games. OST-wise Tobal is also really good. It has some truly memorable and catchy tunes throughout the game, and I appreciate how they decided to keep the character's Japanese voice acting and didn't bother dubbing over it. Tobals biggest issue however is its gameplay. While not terrible, it's okay at the best of times. The combat just doesn't really have much depth to it and as a result you'll mostly feel like your just button mashing your way to victory. There is also the very innovative quest mode in the game too which has you navigating a 3D dungeon as you avoid traps, jump over bottomless pits, collect items and stat boosters, and of course fight a variety of enemies. This mode was way ahead of its time, but sadly it's still a fairly clunky, cumbersome mode that is pretty difficult to get through given its limitations. Still, I'd still go as far as. saying Tobal No.1 is absolutely an underrated classic on the PS1. It's nothing amazing, but it is still worth giving a try. (1/21/22) [34/50]

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2022, 02:06:49 am »
15. Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)

Sonic Adventure may go down as the game I wish I'd just left in the past the most.

I was hyped beyond measure when this game came out and used to go up to my Hollywood video on my bike to play their Dreamcast kiosk demo of this game they had set up. It's graphics, gameplay, and sound just blew me completely away, and of course I had to have my own Dreamcast and copy to play. My brother got a Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure just a few months after the Dreamcast came out in 1999 and to make things even better we were staying with my aunt at the time who had a big screen TV. Words cannot describe how floored I was my playing Sonic Adventure on a 50" TV in her living room and just drooling over every aspect of this game. Eventually I played through the game with every character, unlocking Super Sonic and beating the game. For years I idolized this game and would have said it was one of my favorites on the Dreamcast. Unfortunately I don't think I could even remotely say that after replaying Sonic Adventure in our current year.

While absolutely iconic and the source of massive nostalgia for countless people, myself included, Sonic Adventure is not a very good game. First and foremost it's controls range from fairly good at the best of times, to objectively awful at the worst. There were more than a few times where I struggled to even walk onto a platform or navigate around a more confined area of the game. The camera is also absolutely awful in this game. While you can control it with the trigger buttons, it'll still try and orient automatically and often get stuck behind level assets or on them, resulting in you wondering where the hell you are going sometimes. Another gripe I have is with certain characters, including many of the Sonic levels, the game just feels like it's on autopilot where you pretty much just have to hold the analogue stick up and press A occasionally and you'll clear the level without any issues. It's like the game sometimes does not want you to do anything while it wows you with its presentation. Speaking of the presentation, it too is a mixed bag. On the surface Sonic Adventure was a very good looking game for its time, but for all the flash there was in this game, there was also a lot of clipping and inconsistent models throughout the game (the people and cars looked terrible, and Sonic and Tails on the Tornado look like they were pulled out of another game and pasted into this one). The game's OST is absolutely incredible and I don't have a bad thing to say about it. However the voice acting in this game is just bad. Sometimes it can be pretty hilarious how a certain character's lines are delivered, but for the most part it's just really crappy and I'm surprised Sega was okay with the final result of what the voice acting cast produced. If not for the decades of nostalgia I had for this game I would have enjoyed playing it far less than I did, which I still struggled to motivate myself to play this one. I actually started playing Sonic Adventure late last year and had intended on it being one of the last games I beat in 2021. Unfortunately I'd play it, get frustrated, annoyed, or bored with it, and then play for a little longer a week later or whatever. No, I don't hate this game and probably never could, but unfortunately it's no longer on that pedestal of greatness I'd placed it on back when I was 12. It genuinely makes me sad and I kinda regret having replayed it, but I guess it is what it is now. (1/21/22) [33/50]

kashell

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2022, 09:05:29 am »
I'm glad I inspired someone to give a game a try/retry. Speaking of inspiration:

10. Samurai Shodown - Ukyo Tachibana

I played this as part of the Samurai Shodown Anthology. Kind of how bikingj has a lot of nostalgia for Tobal No. 1, I have a lot of nostalgia for all things SS. Other games in the series do everything better but this is still a great blueprint for what's to come.

11. Metroid Dread

A friend lent me his copy. I completed it in 10 hours and with 55% item completion. Overall it was fine. Samus was slippery and often hard to control. I'm not sure how game developers messed up a double jump but stranger things happened, I guess. I think they should have renamed it to Metroid Game Over because I saw the Game Over screen a lot. I'm glad Samus is back and on people's minds.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2022, 12:50:25 pm »
15. Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)

Sonic Adventure may go down as the game I wish I'd just left in the past the most.

I was hyped beyond measure when this game came out and used to go up to my Hollywood video on my bike to play their Dreamcast kiosk demo of this game they had set up. It's graphics, gameplay, and sound just blew me completely away, and of course I had to have my own Dreamcast and copy to play. My brother got a Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure just a few months after the Dreamcast came out in 1999 and to make things even better we were staying with my aunt at the time who had a big screen TV. Words cannot describe how floored I was my playing Sonic Adventure on a 50" TV in her living room and just drooling over every aspect of this game. Eventually I played through the game with every character, unlocking Super Sonic and beating the game. For years I idolized this game and would have said it was one of my favorites on the Dreamcast. Unfortunately I don't think I could even remotely say that after replaying Sonic Adventure in our current year.

While absolutely iconic and the source of massive nostalgia for countless people, myself included, Sonic Adventure is not a very good game. First and foremost it's controls range from fairly good at the best of times, to objectively awful at the worst. There were more than a few times where I struggled to even walk onto a platform or navigate around a more confined area of the game. The camera is also absolutely awful in this game. While you can control it with the trigger buttons, it'll still try and orient automatically and often get stuck behind level assets or on them, resulting in you wondering where the hell you are going sometimes. Another gripe I have is with certain characters, including many of the Sonic levels, the game just feels like it's on autopilot where you pretty much just have to hold the analogue stick up and press A occasionally and you'll clear the level without any issues. It's like the game sometimes does not want you to do anything while it wows you with its presentation. Speaking of the presentation, it too is a mixed bag. On the surface Sonic Adventure was a very good looking game for its time, but for all the flash there was in this game, there was also a lot of clipping and inconsistent models throughout the game (the people and cars looked terrible, and Sonic and Tails on the Tornado look like they were pulled out of another game and pasted into this one). The game's OST is absolutely incredible and I don't have a bad thing to say about it. However the voice acting in this game is just bad. Sometimes it can be pretty hilarious how a certain character's lines are delivered, but for the most part it's just really crappy and I'm surprised Sega was okay with the final result of what the voice acting cast produced. If not for the decades of nostalgia I had for this game I would have enjoyed playing it far less than I did, which I still struggled to motivate myself to play this one. I actually started playing Sonic Adventure late last year and had intended on it being one of the last games I beat in 2021. Unfortunately I'd play it, get frustrated, annoyed, or bored with it, and then play for a little longer a week later or whatever. No, I don't hate this game and probably never could, but unfortunately it's no longer on that pedestal of greatness I'd placed it on back when I was 12. It genuinely makes me sad and I kinda regret having replayed it, but I guess it is what it is now. (1/21/22) [33/50]

I worked at a Software Etc store back when the Dreamcast came out, and at the time employees enjoyed a perk that allowed us to take a game home for a few days to try it out (then it would be placed back in the case and re-shrink wrapped). IIRC I did this with Sonic Adventure and I was never impressed with it. I know it’s an unpopular opinion among people who grew up with it but it just never caught on with me, and I avoided all 3D Sonic games after that; the only Sonic game I bought between Sonic 3 and Sonic Mania was Sonic Advance.

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2022, 05:20:33 pm »
07. Last Stop (Xbox One X) 22/01/2022

Wasn't sure what to expect with this one, I was hoping for a Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy type of game and ... that's sort of what I gots! ^_^

The game as a Chapter structure, you play as 3 characters located around London. Each story has Supernatural goings on under the fabric of the city - The game often has shots where your character is walking around panning shots of the city, the cinematography really stands out in these scenes! I don't want to spoil anything but each character offers a very different story and they certainly go places! You have to play all 3 character scenarios in each chapter, which is fine but I did sort of feel I'd want to follow 1 characters particular story but then have to go through the other two just to get back to the characters story I preferred. 2 of the characters were decent but then there is one who is one of the most repulsive characters I've played as in any game - I hated her rude personality and that I didn't always have the option to do good to the people she hurts. I'm not sure how diverse the decision making in this game is, sometimes it seemed like all 3 choices offered while worded differently would still lead to the same outcome but I was certainly invested in the story and enjoyed the game overall A LOT - It certainly goes unexpected territory!

If you like interactive narratives where you get involved with peoples lives and decision making this game is certainly worth a pop on Game Pass.

Also in reference to Sonic Adventure, I totally get the hate, the game is seriously buggy but I can't help love it. As far as stories go I think SA1 has the best of the bunch and I love the little hub world areas in-between stages. Funnily enough though, I cannot stand Sonic Adventure 2! For all of SA1's diverse character mechanics, none of them annoyed me - Even Big the cats levels are at least easy to bypass. However, I could not stand Tails/Robotniks Mech Shooting levels, they're horrendously clunky unlike the mech in SA1. Also, I didn't like the way you unlock extra abilities in SA2, it wasn't very natural and often I missed them and couldn't progress a stage as I never found the power up needed prior. I had constant problems like this with SA2 but no such hindrances in SA1.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 05:25:52 pm by vivigamer »

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2022, 10:10:13 pm »
5. Gears 5 (XSX) 1/23/22

With that, my playthrough of the Gears of War franchise has come to an end and boy is there a lot to unpack here. Let’s start with the good stuff, Gears 5 is clearly the best looking game in the series and the combat was super tight. The story picks up where 4 left off and continues to get bigger and better and I’m really excited to see where they go with it when the inevitably make 6. Now before I start with the bad stuff, I want to clarify that I really did enjoy the game but there were some changes they made in this one that I felt were unnecessary; the open world parts… The game just really didn’t need them, previous Gears perfected the fast-paced linear cover-shooter and the open world parts of Gears 5 just killed the pacing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZGN3xEtZ6i/

kashell

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2022, 04:40:04 pm »
12. Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light

Oof. What a let down of an ending. It's cool to have another RPG finished but man. It's no wonder why so few people played (and completed) this. That being said, it's way better than Dragoneer's Aria.

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2022, 08:43:43 pm »
6. Batman: Return to Arkham: Arkham City (XSX) 1/24/2022

OK, I know I maybe have been a little indifferent about Arkham Asylum, but City… City was something special… I can see why these games hold a special place with so many people. Not only was this a great Batman game, but it was all together a great Batman story, and it’s got me wanting more Batman… might have to crack open a few graphic novels or something lol. Beat 1/24/2022

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZIozm3Nx8p

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2022, 09:58:22 pm »
3. Cooking Mama: Cookstar (Switch)

I have played this on the PS4 and I was hoping the Switch version was better. It still suffers from the same issues as the PS4 version. The game itself can't decide if it wants you to focus on being quick, or being more accurate. This game punishes you for both at times. I wanted to like this game as I love the Cooking Mama series. It's alright, but there is a lot of room for improvement.
Currently Playing: Game & Wario

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2022, 01:27:28 am »
16. Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Dreamcast)

Code Veronica is a very special Resident Evil game for me. For one it was my first time really diving into an RE game; I'd played the first RE at my cousin's house before I even knew what Resident Evil was and its gameplay perplexed my 9-year old brain. I didn't even make it out of that first zombie encounter lol. But fast forward a few years later and I'm a young adolescent obsessed with the Dreamcast, and I start seeing stuff about Code Veronica all over gaming magazines and whatnot. It was enough to get my on the RE hype train and that's exactly what happened. I ended up buying my original copy of Code Veronica from a Software Esc at a local mall near where I grew up and initially I loved the game despite it still challenging me in terms of not always knowing what to do, where to go, or how to survive certain areas of the game. I would make it all the way until you get to play as Chris, however due to some very, very bad resource management on my part earlier in the game I literally was unable to progress past a giant worm boss you fight early on. I spent hours trying to find some item I missed or way of cheating the game, but my efforts were all in vane. I eventually threw my hands up and had to abandon this game. It wouldn't be until this past weekend I decided to pick it back up and finish what I started over 20-years ago.

It's a miracle that I actually grew to love the RE series as much as I have given Code Veronica was my first RE game. I say that not because Code Veronica is a bad game, but because it's by far the hardest mainline RE game. Just out of curiosity I decided to see what other people consider to be the hardest RE game and this one seems to be 95% of people's pick. Just like how I completely screwed myself the first time I played this game, it's not hard to back yourself in a corner in Code Veronica making it impossible to progress. However, this seems less by design and more because of bad game design on Capcom's part. I'm all for a challenge, but literally being unable to progress because of some minor mistake is just annoying and frankly unacceptable. A lot of this has to do with the game being very stingy with resources and also throwing a ton of enemies at you, many of which respawn often. Enemies, especially some of the non-zombie enemies hit like a Mack truck too which means you'll be using up most if not all your herbs and sprays. This game would have been way more enjoyable if Capcom had either given the player more items, especially health, or decreased the amount of enemies you need to kill to progress. On top of that, this game does a lot of cheap, annoying "gotcha" moments like making you think you won't need something anymore, but you will later on if you want a special weapon. I get that some of these are meant to be secret, but unless you've played this game before you're not going to know any of this. On top of that I don't know how many times I died from a boss getting a cheap shot in right as the battle started, or because it was impossible to avoid getting hit. The game also puts enemy obstacles in your way that needlessly force you to waste precious ammo to progress. And while I'm heavily criticizing the game design here and outlining how brutal Code Veronica is, it's still a bad game per se. The game is still very fun, and is an old school RE game through and through. Code Veronica was meant to be RE3 before RE3 Nemesis despite the latter game coming out first. Code Veronica definitely feels more like a true RE sequel than Nemesis, which felt more like an expansion of 2. In addition to the classic gameplay, enemies, and bosses, you also had an extremely over the top scifi story line that fits in perfectly with the lore of the franchise. And then of course you get Chris and Claire Redfield, and you get to play the game as both! Oh, and then there's Steve, you is probably the most unintentionally funny character in the entire franchise; I don't know how many times I broke out laughing at this jackass lol. But then you have the Ashford's who were not only super memorable antagonists, but also very interesting and full of surprises. Again, RE Code Veronica is an excellent old school RE game! OST and audio in general is also great, although the voice acting can be a bit spotty in terms of quality, and the soundtrack isn't on par with several other entries in the franchise. Really, Code Veronica's main issue is its poor, arguably broken game design. If it weren't for that I'd imagine Code Veronica might be remembered as the best classic RE game, not 2. I'm completely serious about that, and even with its many issues I almost enjoyed Code Veronica as much as 2, seriously. But maybe more than anything I'm glad I finally went back and beat a game that beat me many years ago, and also I have another RE game in the books with my goal being to complete all the main line entries someday. (1/24/22) [37/50]

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2022, 01:30:16 am »
I'm at 16 games beat already and January isn't even over! Since I'm technically pretty much where I'd normally be by April or so, I'm actually going to take a break from beating anything else for probably a month or two. I may pop in with some super short, arcade-style game beat some time in the interim, but I really need to take care of something much more important than video games right now. I have a tech cert that needs to be renewed by early May, and I can't let that slide since it's part of me maintaining my job. So, yep, I'll see you all sometime this spring and who knows, maybe I'll binge another 15 games or so in one month lol.

dhaabi

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2022, 10:08:01 pm »
01. Yakuza Kiwami 2 || PlayStation 4 || 01.10.22

After having been a spectator for a fair amount of a Yakuza Kiwami playthrough, I thought that would be the same plan for Yakuza Kiwami 2. However, I ended up playing roughly half of the story content and nearly all of the optional content. And well, while I actually finished the game over two weeks ago, I wanted to reserve my thoughts for once I completed everything fully after having so much fun.

Set one year after the preceding game's events, Yakuza Kiwami 2's largely revolves around the Tojo Clan possibly losing power alongside their difficulties with the Omi Alliance and their failed attempts to treaty together once the Omi Alliance begins to crumble from within as power dynamics shift heavily. As the series protagonist Kiryu who is now a former Tojo clan member an ex-yakuza, he again helps his allies. Within both the Tojo Clan and Omi Alliance, deceit and corruption exists, and worries of the Tojo Clan becoming taken over by the Omi Alliance become prevalent. Alongside this immediate problem, the Koran mafia group Jingweon who was thought to have been extinguished 26 years ago becomes an unexpected threat. While their reasons differ, both the Omi Alliance and Jingweon have the same end goals in overthrowing the Tojo Clan.

As a game focused on yakuza and the dark underbelly of Japan, the gameplay does not disappoint by offering plenty of high-intensity street action. In a sense, the gameplay is similar to a 3D brawler with an expansive city to explore. As Kiryu, the player navigates across the city and is often bothered by delinquents, thugs, and fellow yakuza. Fighting is fluid and fun, as Kiryu earns skill points to expand his fighting capabilities. Additionally, weapons of various kinds can be used across battle—these can range from the expected dagger and gun to items littered across the city like traffic cones and store signage. While playing on Normal difficulty setting, I had issues in besting fights of any kind, so others may want to consider the Hard difficulty which is initially available too.

Throughout my time playing, the story maintained interest. Admittedly, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about how some characters were written, but I still overwhelmingly enjoyed my time playing. Upon the game's climax, I initially felt easy, as not one but two twists occur. However, I quickly backtracked and accepted it positively, as, like previously mentioned, deceit and corruption exists within these groups and shouldn't surprise the player.

I'm not sure why, but the Yakuza franchise does not take itself seriously across all aspects as there is plenty of laughable content dispersed between the serious plot. When engaged in a street fight, crowds will never fail to cheer on the fighters. That being said, the game's humor does not end with just the city's life. Across nearly every non-story element, there will always be some degree of humor. Most of the humor is offered across the game's side quests. At times, side quests will introduce some of the most over-the-top scenarios that never failed to deliver fun.

On that note, Yakuza Kiwami 2 offers an abundance of optional content. With side quests, side activities, arcade games, and fully developed original side games, there was never a time that I felt as if I didn't have anything to do aside from advancing the story. Never before did I think I'd learn how to play games such as shougi and koi-koi, but I grew to love playing riichi mahjong. Having played through all of the game's content all at once to earn every achievement was certainly the ideal way to learn how to play, as I would focus on one game and then move on to another. In the end, the only card game that I never quite understood was oicho-kabu, whereas the only one that was generally boring was poker. Going back to the two original side games, they comprise of organizing a cabaret club through management simulation and defending fellow Yakuza Majima's construction crew through real-time strategy battles while offering their own unique story elements. For both games, they were a lot of fun in spite of not having any large interest within either genre.

Overall, my experience playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 was fantastic, and I believe I found a new series that I will enjoy playing entirely immensely  Naturally, I encountered minor issues that mostly relate to NPC activity and character animations when advancing dialogue, but I had no concerns relating to the gameplay or plot itself. Despite wanting to revisit the original game and play it on my own right away, I spent a lot of time playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 and would rather take a break. I don't think I'll be spending too much time away from the series, though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 04:58:33 pm by dhaabi »

telly

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2022, 08:16:15 am »
Game 1 – Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) – 6 Hours

There are very few games on the Wii U that I have played only using the gamepad, and it was only because of a personal preference when I did. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is the first game where I was essentially required to use it to play. This game requires very precise use of the stylus to tap Kirby and move him around the stages, and it’s practically impossible to freehand these movements while looking at your TV. As a result, I think it would have been a better experience on the 3DS like the original Canvas Curse given how bulky and relatively unwieldy it is to hold the gamepad and stylus at the same time.

That isn’t to say that it isn’t a fun experience, however. I actually really enjoyed controlling Kirby and exploring all of the different worlds. The game has a gorgeous claymation aesthetic (even if it looks comparably worse on the gamepad as opposed to the TV) and there was some interesting level design that integrated the controls in unique ways. The bosses were also fun, often requiring you to dodge projectiles defensively while also making a path to attack. There are only 20 stages though, and the first three bosses are all repeated but with an extra twist for added difficulty.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is not only a short experience, but it was also easy. This game, like other Kirby games and the Yoshi game on the Wii U, place their difficulty in finding all the collectables instead of challenging level design. This often requires replaying stages and isn’t a compelling motivation for me. When you combine this design philosophy with the numerous “points of no return” that frequent every stage, it can get a little frustrating even trying to get some of the collectables. Other than a challenge mode, there isn’t a lot of additional content to keep you playing after you finish the aforementioned small number of stages. The game’s story is also super basic, with only one cutscene at the very beginning, and most of the actual details are hidden in secret diary pages so you may not even be able to understand the full story, as basic as it is.

Despite all these flaws, the game has really nice controls, a unique gameplay gimmick, great visuals, and adorable music, and I enjoyed my time playing it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 12:23:38 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2022, 09:35:57 am »
4. Far Cry 4
First new game of 2022 beat, fourth played.

Took a whole month to get through to the credits. Didn't beeline the story. The first thing I focused on was crafting all the gear upgrades, specifically the wallet one. So that meant a generous amount of animal killing, and then taking over the bell towers and towns to get the Fashion Week quests to spawn. It was the very last town that made the Fashion Week quest for the wallet to spawn. I kept the compound bow and the Z93 until the end of the game. I preferred the Z93 vs the other snipers because it had a suppressor and was a 1 click headshot kill on heavies. Story was OK, but I wasn't sure what Ajay should have done. I ended up siding with Sabal, not killing Amita and then killing Min, although I immediately felt like I should have let him live also. It was a weird feeling. Did not get to find all of the Mohan Ghale letters before getting to that point so I wonder if that would have made me make another decision. Since there is no save slots (autosave system) I can't go back and try another method. I already know how the other endings play out.

Driving is still terrible. Autodrive is cool but it is old person driving. Even NPCs drive faster. Flying in the helicopter is extremely confusing, always getting turned around and the only time you really need to use it effectively is when you are doing the chase. But fortunately for me, I crashed into a mountain and then it loaded a save where I was in a town and didn't need to fly that thing anymore. Wingsuit is a disaster mostly because spring and open wingsuit were set to the same button. So sometimes I'd do a running jump, the wingsuit would come out and I'd die instantly. Forced use of the wingsuit in the Himilayas was not fun either. Took me 4 tries to get through that part.

Forced stealth sections not fun either because they disable running and you can do no attacks, not even a takedown. These areas often will have the fast ghost demons in them. So you must play those portions the way they are designed to be played, as the movement patterns of the enemies are based on triggers. I had no luck in trying to move them out of the way because they will reset position.

Like all modern games there are issues with the engine. The enemies have a larger melee range than the player's melee or takedown range. Some with eagles having a large attack range with a long animation, as as long as they have started that animation your own action inputs are disabled. Packs of wolves and dogs are extremely annoying. So are pack so the "cow" animal which are not a predator but will attack you if you get too close. Same issue with the Rhino but the cow animals can stun lock and generate you. Some animals have location based damage but some act as being armored. Low caliber rounds should 1 hit kill an animal with a headshot, and perhaps medium caliber for larger animals like a bear but it doesn't work that way. So some of the animals (besides Rhino where it might make sense) turn into bullet sponges. I definitely know that you can headshot Dhole with an AR but a wolf might need 2 shots, and a bear sometimes 3. I never killed an Elephant.

I do have the other games in the Far Cry series and expect to play 5 and New Dawn this year but they might not be in chronological order.