Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542303 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1395 on: January 21, 2014, 11:07:48 pm »
Actually I set my avatar back to that, cause I thought it was neat. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #1396 on: January 23, 2014, 03:46:33 pm »
*takes pictures of his stuff to sell on eBay*

Ugh. Stupid computer. But it has to be done. :(

Edit: This is why I've been mostly gone from the forum and approval duties. I'll be back. Someday. :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:49:34 pm by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #1397 on: January 23, 2014, 03:55:51 pm »
Its cool. Do what you need to do buddy.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1398 on: January 24, 2014, 01:43:44 am »
What's your eBay ID?  That way, I might buy stuff I might be interested in...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1399 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:21 am »
I think the monitor in my Donkey Kong/Mario Bros cabinet ate shit last night.  The monitor has a few hicups every now and then when I turn it on, but if I let it run for 10 min or so everything is fine.  Well, last night the monitor nevery would quit jumping and flashing.  Shit.  That's going to be $300 or so to get it fixed. 
I was setting up to video a walkthrough of my game room.  A lightbulb blew when I first went in there.  Then, the DK machine acts up.  Who knows what'll happen next.  I think I better just take pictures. 

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1400 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:45 pm »
I think the monitor in my Donkey Kong/Mario Bros cabinet ate shit last night.  The monitor has a few hicups every now and then when I turn it on, but if I let it run for 10 min or so everything is fine.  Well, last night the monitor nevery would quit jumping and flashing.  Shit.  That's going to be $300 or so to get it fixed. 
I was setting up to video a walkthrough of my game room.  A lightbulb blew when I first went in there.  Then, the DK machine acts up.  Who knows what'll happen next.  I think I better just take pictures.

I feel your pain. Moved my Mario Bros. and the power supply for the boards blew. Right around the same time my Tempest monitor shut off and won't come back up (at least it plays blind). And then there's the Omega Race. Poor Omega Race.

It's like these machines are watching and waiting for the right time to bite you.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1401 on: January 25, 2014, 12:05:36 am »
6pack of Red Stripe gone.  Check
Game room tour filmed. Check
Got my ass kicked at Contra Hard Corps. Check
Went running back to Contra on the NES just to get my confidence back up. Check. 

soera

« Reply #1402 on: January 25, 2014, 08:39:04 pm »

This is the important part. I want to see this!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1403 on: January 25, 2014, 11:47:21 pm »

This is the important part. I want to see this!

Well Brother,  slide over to the game room pic thread and you can have all 22 min of it.
It got a little long windy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1404 on: January 26, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »
So I just re-bought a game I bought once, and got rid of because it was crappy.

I got Spartan: Total Warrior for PS2. I think I used to own it on Xbox and I got rid of it because I didn't like how incredibly generic it was. I got it (again) because I heard it was by the same creative team that made Viking: Battle For Asgard, which I liked a lot.

But soon as I popped the disc in my PS2, everything felt familiar. And as soon as I starting playing it, I was like, "Yep, I remember now, this sucked."

Anyone else ever done this before?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1405 on: January 26, 2014, 04:46:58 pm »
*QUESTIONS* -

Okay.

So I know that we have some Persona fans here -and- I know that there's also quite a few anime fans here, too...

So, surprisingly enough - my questions are regarding the Persona Anime(s)  :o

- Has anyone here seen any/all of them?

- How were they -and- what did you like/dislike the most about them?

- Can any of you explain to me *HOW* the titles of the Animes correspond to the Persona series/games itself/themselves?

(*Example*) = I already own (mostly thanks to gifts & some winning poker hands:) multiple copies of quite a few different items with both the words "Persona" and "Anime" on them...

==> Some of them are called "Trinity Soul", another one's called "Gad Guard" -and- to further complicate things...it looks like I might even have *Different* versions of the "Trinity Soul" one  ::)

Oh yeah, I guess a last question would be if they're voiced in Engrish and/or if they're just straight-up, 100% in Japanes w/ English sub-titles, or something.

Thanks for any help/answers!   ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1406 on: January 26, 2014, 06:16:44 pm »
I've seen Persona 4 the animation and I thought it was pretty good

the good
- as far as I have heard (I just got the game so I can't speak for it myself) it follows the game quite well
- it's got a very good, suspenseful murder mystery behind it
- uses some of the music right from the game
- it looks great

the bad:
-you need to know how the Persona games go, if you don't a good amount of it can/will feel like filler
- I found it hard to watch it continuously at least in the beginning I would watch 1-3 episodes and take a break then go back later

I will also say it's got my favorite openings and closings for songs and animation

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1407 on: January 26, 2014, 07:47:31 pm »
So I just re-bought a game I bought once, and got rid of because it was crappy.

I got Spartan: Total Warrior for PS2. I think I used to own it on Xbox and I got rid of it because I didn't like how incredibly generic it was. I got it (again) because I heard it was by the same creative team that made Viking: Battle For Asgard, which I liked a lot.

But soon as I popped the disc in my PS2, everything felt familiar. And as soon as I starting playing it, I was like, "Yep, I remember now, this sucked."

Anyone else ever done this before?

Nope. I've never gotten rid of a game.  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1408 on: January 28, 2014, 01:39:10 pm »
Man...it's been a *REALLY* looooooong time since I've hoped for a game to get localized & released in the USA as much as this one  :-\

http://rpgsite.net/games/618-ar-no-surge

I'm not sure/I don't remember talking to or seeing any other big fans of the Ar tonelico series on this site -but- this looks like it would be a prequel to the series (there's already 3 games out (Ar tonelico 1 & 2 (on the PS2) & Ar tonelico 3 (on the PS3)).

In a nutshell - the game has a Persona-esque system in place where you "Dive" into your party members ("Reyvateils").  While you're diving inside of their mental-space, you get to witness & influence their problems, natures, insecurities, fears, etc.

There's usually 10 "Levels" inside of each of the 2-3 Reyvateils.

You can't just dive down to level 10, though...as you work-out their problems & accept & befriend them unconditionally even (*especially*) after being inside of & seeing their psyches...especially the parts that they'd never want to tell anyone about; you build bonds, relations, compatibility, and trust with them.

Usually (at around Level 5 or 6) you'll need to decide which one you resonate with the most...and choose them (and them only) to be able to continue to the very depths and the most intimate, guarded, and personal areas of their psyche.

Also, for the Love-of-God...if you've never heard any of the Ar tonelico OST's - search them out & give them a listen...they're eargasmically amazing  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #1409 on: January 28, 2014, 01:53:45 pm »
I could probably just research this, but are the Ars and Atelier games related? I believe they're both NIS releases.

Either way, I keep looking at both series and feeling like I need to jump into them, but man there appear to be a lot now.
Currently Playing: The Witcher