Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599230 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5355 on: December 28, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »
Please pray for my husband (Aaron Rodgers) and his calf gets better so he can return the game and help win the game.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5356 on: December 28, 2014, 06:09:11 pm »
Romo for MVP

davifus

« Reply #5357 on: December 28, 2014, 06:57:58 pm »
Falcon's playoff Chance = 0%  :'( :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5358 on: December 28, 2014, 07:28:08 pm »
just made a twitter bet that I will shave my beard if Cowboys win a Super Bowl OR if Romo wins the MVP... If both happen I will shave every hair on my body... for reference this was my beard about 4 months ago...

My hair is shoulder length now aswell.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5359 on: December 28, 2014, 07:28:33 pm »
Falcon's playoff Chance = 0%  :'( :'(

No one in the NFC South deserves to go lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5360 on: December 28, 2014, 07:38:40 pm »
Did I mention I finished Suikoden II? I can't recall...
I want to complete the game but I looked at GameFAQs and found out that I missed out on Clive's subquest.  Need to redo that and also try to collect all of Mukumuku's friends.

Awesome work finishing Suikoden II, kashell.

Thanks! I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but Clive's story isn't needed for all 108 Stars of Destiny and, as a result, the best ending. Same thing with Muku's friends. However, if you want to do it all, then you'll have to rush through the game since Clive's story is on a timer.
Clive's been a favorite of mine and now that he has a backstory, I'm definitely going to try.  A little bit of a completionist in me.

just made a twitter bet that I will shave my beard if Cowboys win a Super Bowl OR if Romo wins the MVP... If both happen I will shave every hair on my body... for reference this was my beard about 4 months ago...

My hair is shoulder length now aswell.

Always thought you'd be somewhat similar to your avatar.   ;D

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5361 on: December 28, 2014, 07:39:45 pm »
I'm assuming you mean my older avatar... unless you know something about Chun-Li I don't  :P

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5362 on: December 28, 2014, 07:42:51 pm »
I'm assuming you mean my older avatar... unless you know something about Chun-Li I don't  :P
:o

Oh boy...

Sorry.  I was going to check up on that.  I forgot...  Sorry, Bwigdahl.

:-X

Please check out the games I have for sale.

kashell

« Reply #5363 on: December 29, 2014, 08:29:05 am »
Clive's been a favorite of mine and now that he has a backstory, I'm definitely going to try.  A little bit of a completionist in me.

Clive was a bad-ass. I had him in my party whenever I had the chance. He had a powerful weapon, could equip a powerful rune and was mysteriously sexy.

I started Atelier Escha and Logy FINALLY! It looks like the time requirements for this one are even less than they were in Ayesha, which seems almost impossible since Ayesha was all kinds of laid back. Unfortunately, I'm not liking Escha much. She reminds me of a carbon copy of Totori. One of those is plenty. XD

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5364 on: December 29, 2014, 02:23:19 pm »
I feel ya, kash!

While I didn't *dislike* Escha + Logy...It's easily my least favorite Atelier game.

I've only played the PS3 games but, I've platted the PS3 versions of:(I haven't tried any of the Vita "Plus"  games yet; the original, pain in my pasty, white ass)

Rorona, Totori, and Meruru

and

Ayesha and Escha + Logy.

I've got the PS R+ which, eventually, I'll get back to...if for nothing else than, for what must be the awesomeness of playing as Astrid!

I've got Shallie pre-ordered too - you getting it?

I don't really know a thing about it...

...is it the next and/or last one in the Dusk series?

The 1st game of a different sub-series, etc?

I suppose that I should be smart enough to research the things that I throw my...'kash'

on better --But--  there's certain games, series, genres, and devs & pubs that I'd be buying it just to "vote with my wallet", throw some love & support their way and, hope that enough other people will think & act the same way to encourage & be profitable enough for us to keep getting & seeing more of those games that'd never make it out of Japan well, make their way out of...Japan ^_^
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5365 on: December 29, 2014, 02:35:36 pm »
As far as I can tell, Shallie is the last episode in the Dusk series. Since it comes out in March, I'm really going to haul ass and try to get Escha and Logy done before it. I hear that Shallie is the best of the three. I'll have to play through it and Escha to decide, but based on the cover art, I have a feeling I'm really going to like it.

If I had to rank the PS3 Ateliers in order of most favorite to least favorite, it would go like this: Meruru>Ayesha>Totori>>>>>>Rorona. I would love it if Gust decided to do an all inclusive PS3/PS4/Vita/Whatever port of Marie, Ellie, Violet and the rest of the games that never made it to the United States.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5366 on: December 29, 2014, 02:56:28 pm »
If I had to rank the PS3 Ateliers in order of most favorite to least favorite, it would go like this: Meruru>Ayesha>Totori>>>>>>Rorona. I would love it if Gust decided to do an all inclusive PS3/PS4/Vita/Whatever port of Marie, Ellie, Violet and the rest of the games that never made it to the United States.

Yeah, I'd love to see some compilations, remakes, remasters, whatever too!

AFAIK - there's just the one - (Annie on the DS), right?

Have you played/heard anything about that one?

I'd say Meruru>Totori>>>Rorona>Ayesha>>>>>Escha + Logy.

Suiko2 review up yet?

Answers, dammit!

We (*I*) need answers, man :P

kashell

« Reply #5367 on: December 29, 2014, 03:05:16 pm »
Ha! The Suikoden II review has been submitted (along with the GG Xrd Sign review) but it hasn't been approved yet. I remember them taking extra long to approve submissions during the Christmas season so it could be a while.

I have Atelier Annie. It's actually a new game in the franchise and was the first "proper" Atelier to be released outside of Japan. It was rather boring due to its simplicity. Still, it had a funny script and was perfect for playing in small increments. I hear that Atelier Violet (Vio from TriUni) was one of the best games in the series. I'd like to try that one more than any of the others.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5368 on: December 29, 2014, 04:17:22 pm »
I believe that there's also 3 Atelier games on the PS2...I know that I *have* them but, have yet to play them - have you played those and/or the 2 Mana Khemia games (which, apparently, depending on who you ask, the weather, the time of day, and, on every day that ends in a "y")...will and/or won't be considered as one of the Atelier games/part of the series :P

I've got those games too -and- I even have an interest in playing the 3 PS2 games + the 2 Mana Khemia ones (if, for nothing else - to see the origins/back-stories of some of my favorite Cross-Edge-rs) ;D

kashell

« Reply #5369 on: December 29, 2014, 08:13:55 pm »
Yep, the three Atelier Iris titles (Eternal Mana, Azoth of Destiny, and Grand Phantasm) were on the PS2. All were pretty great, but Azoth was my favorite and is one of my top ten video games of all time.

Mana Khemia was excellent. It was one of the most addictive RPGs I've ever played. I haven't played much of the second, though.