Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1547259 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11610 on: July 08, 2016, 09:04:29 am »
Lynx and Jaguar were pretty cool systems.  But basically larger failures of slightly more successful failures like Game Gear and Turbografx

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11611 on: July 08, 2016, 11:46:41 am »
I dont know about you all, but I wish football season would hurry up. This time of the year is pretty much only baseball season, and you can only watch so much baseball.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #11612 on: July 08, 2016, 11:50:46 am »
you can watch the cars taking left turns on tv.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11613 on: July 08, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »
K B Toys...now that's a store I'll never forget. It was there that I first learned about the existence of Secret of Mana.

You could get so many cool figures for so cheap. They'd often have the Marvel ones 3 for $9.99. Loved that store!

I used to work there in high school.

kashell

« Reply #11614 on: July 08, 2016, 02:18:19 pm »
That's right, I remember getting a bunch of Ronin Warriors action figures there! I think there were some X-Men ones, too.

necrosexual

« Reply #11615 on: July 08, 2016, 04:20:16 pm »
I dont know about you all, but I wish football season would hurry up. This time of the year is pretty much only baseball season, and you can only watch so much baseball.

as a man who likes winter and also works pizza delivery

i can second this, because 'football season' = a fuckload of deliveries = more money in my pocket.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11616 on: July 08, 2016, 04:36:46 pm »
Can you use a resurfacing machine on a GameCube disc (due to the size of the disc)?

maximo310

« Reply #11617 on: July 08, 2016, 05:13:07 pm »
Can you use a resurfacing machine on a GameCube disc (due to the size of the disc)?
There are some machines that do support resurfacing on those discs, like the JFJ Easy Pro.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11618 on: July 08, 2016, 07:44:53 pm »
So a lot people online seem to be very excited about playing the now backwards compatible Red Dead Redemption for 360 on XBox One.

Correct me if I'm wrong here: But isn't it the same exact game? Not a remaster, not a remake, no upgrades, nothing new? It's just being played on an XBox One rather than on a 360. Right?

So why is everyone so excited about it?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 08:15:34 pm by burningdoom »

azure

« Reply #11619 on: July 08, 2016, 07:53:03 pm »
So a lot people online seem to be very excited about playing the now backwards compatible Red Dead Redemption for 360 on XBox One.

Correct me if I'm wrong here: But isn't it the same exact game? Not a remaster, not a remake, no upgrades, no nothing new? It's just being played on an XBox One rather than on a 360. Right?

So why is everyone so excited about it?

It runs better on the Xbone, the same can be said for a couple of titles. There is currently no PC port, or next gen port of RDR at the moment, so the Xbone's emulation is technically the "definitive" way to play it now. That's why people are getting excited.

telly

« Reply #11620 on: July 08, 2016, 08:13:34 pm »

I got a few GameCube discs resurfaced at a Family Video store, they used the same machine as they use with the regular size discs and it worked just fine!
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #11621 on: July 09, 2016, 02:57:41 am »
Well, I'm back. I haven't had much time to spend on gaming since I sold my childhood home and got a condo. I'm still unpacking as the condo is about half the size of my old house, and I have a bunch of antique furniture that used to be my parents' and that takes up a lot of space. I also managed to somehow lose the poster and manual from my copy of War of the Monsters and somehow find the box to it. So anyway, how have y'all been doing?

At least some of them should, I had one of my copies of Luigi's Mansion resurfaced at my local game store.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11622 on: July 09, 2016, 11:53:32 am »
The struggle is real.... my iphone too old to play pokemon go, and I cant get away from the damn game.... Go on facebook, everyone playing.... go on gaming forums, everyone is playing, go on non gaming forums, even they are playing!

I was on gta 5 last night and people were freaking talking about pokemon go!

damn you old pohne.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

necrosexual

« Reply #11623 on: July 09, 2016, 02:51:43 pm »
LET'S TALK BEST BUY FOR A MINUTE?
i got gifted a giant best buy gift card.
and when i went on the site... well, let me tell you, the moment i saw 'price match guarantee' i knew i was in for the longest haul of price manipulation fucking ever.

but tbh their selection of games is pretty slim, and PMG is only for new titles. balls. ;/
and they don't sell cherry mx blue switch keyboards or i'd just get that instead, and even then, i will never fucking buy a razer keyboard again and iirc, that's all they sold.

now i'm kinda wanting to sit around and wait out for a decent sale but... the only best buy near me has always been kinda inaccessible to me for a travel reason until recently. used to always be 11+ miles out.
so i have no idea when their sales are typically.

so i'm contemplating waiting for a sale, buying a couple $50 ebay cards (lmao) or -maybe- getting that fucking gamer club shit and a newer game with it, then using that store for my preorder from here out. or getting $100 psn credit and beefing up my PS classics list and giving my vita a lot of love and affection. (and by that i mean 'waiting for PSN sales which i can predict easier than BB sales')
thoughts? someone here has to use best buy more than my ass does, and the effort involved in using that price match online is too damn much. i'd just get shit shipped to me otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:19:58 pm by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11624 on: July 09, 2016, 03:22:08 pm »

I got a few GameCube discs resurfaced at a Family Video store, they used the same machine as they use with the regular size discs and it worked just fine!

Cool, this is exactly why I wondering. A local shop here in town resurfaces discs, wasn't sure if it was worth dragging my GameCube discs down there that need it.