Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542067 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13500 on: August 22, 2017, 07:32:20 am »
The lack of facial expression was what really threw me off, for sure
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:12:15 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #13501 on: August 22, 2017, 09:38:34 am »
I bought another dupe.

I keep trying to do good and make sure I don't already own games, but then someone recommends a game to me and I'm like "Oh, okay, I'll keep an eye out for a cheap copy" and I guess I just forget to check because I assume I don't own it.

karyann

« Reply #13502 on: August 22, 2017, 10:25:53 am »
I bought another dupe.

I keep trying to do good and make sure I don't already own games, but then someone recommends a game to me and I'm like "Oh, okay, I'll keep an eye out for a cheap copy" and I guess I just forget to check because I assume I don't own it.

Ha, I know the feeling. Sometimes I just don't even think of looking through my list, for some reason  :o

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13503 on: August 22, 2017, 11:06:31 am »
@burningdoom - Hydrocity is not a fun zone until you play through it a few times and learn the best paths. Seeing a game over screen is not the end of the world. The Sonic franchise has always been about multiple playthroughs to learn the routine, find the best path, and secrets.

Regarding Shenmue 3 - I thought it looked good for the budget it has. I would have been happier to see Sega publish the game or at least handle the distribution so there would have been a chance to see a Shenmue remaster bundle along side part 3. I think Sony left them high and dry after showcasing it as though they were in it together. Yu Suzuki had said Sony was helping with distribution and it looks like that fell through. I wonder if Sony is not happy with the progress and dropped it.  Current ETA puts it in the ballpark of Final Fantasy VII remake, Kingdom Hearts 1284658392.47463883 Aftersleep IN:SH 48564838.474684, and the new Half-Life.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

pacpix

« Reply #13504 on: August 22, 2017, 12:53:48 pm »
So I had my first lecture for one of my information systems courses today and apparently my professor was one of the programmers for the Zaxxon arcade game  :o :o :o

I went to his office to ask about it and apparently they pulled all that off in Fortran and Assembly.  Pretty awesome stuff, definitely did not expect to meet one of the programmers for Zaxxon today lol.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13505 on: August 22, 2017, 12:57:32 pm »
@burningdoom - Hydrocity is not a fun zone until you play through it a few times and learn the best paths. Seeing a game over screen is not the end of the world. The Sonic franchise has always been about multiple playthroughs to learn the routine, find the best path, and secrets.

Just mentioning that I found it challenging, too, after you laughed about people finding it challenging. Never said end of the world about anything.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13506 on: August 22, 2017, 01:06:30 pm »
So I had my first lecture for one of my information systems courses today and apparently my professor was one of the programmers for the Zaxxon arcade game  :o :o :o

I went to his office to ask about it and apparently they pulled all that off in Fortran and Assembly.  Pretty awesome stuff, definitely did not expect to meet one of the programmers for Zaxxon today lol.

Wow, Zaxxon was brilljant for its time.

« Reply #13507 on: August 22, 2017, 02:29:49 pm »
Scummy local game store just announced an "Early Black Friday sale" but said you have to go to the store to find out what the sales will be.

Someone shared what the sales are.

All 360/PS3 games priced under $10 are 50% off.  (They charge $9.99 for games like Duck Dynasty and NHL 09)
Model 2 Genesis is 50% off.  (Fairly certain they charge $80, so even at $40, you're getting ripped)
Skylanders/Disney Infinity Characters and Portals 50% off (Who even wants this for free?  I know I don't)
PS4/X1 Guitar Hero Live Used Guitars 50% off.  (See above)
Used Fight Sticks 50% off (Cheapest fight stick I've seen was $200, and it wasn't even a good one)

lol they also have a CIB Zelda Ocarina 64 for $250.  Not sealed, just CIB.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:31:40 pm by ignition365 »

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13508 on: August 22, 2017, 03:01:49 pm »

Just mentioning that I found it challenging, too, after you laughed about people finding it challenging. Never said end of the world about anything.

Sorry - didn't mean to come across as an elitist A hole in the Sonic Mania challenging post. I was trying to redirect by saying it isn't a big deal to get a game over. Sorry if I offended you with the posts.   ;D
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

azure

« Reply #13509 on: August 22, 2017, 03:16:55 pm »

The wait is almost over!

kashell

« Reply #13510 on: August 22, 2017, 03:34:12 pm »
Speaking of Yakuza, I like that Yakuza 6's special edition comes with a shot glass. That's pretty badass.

« Reply #13511 on: August 22, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »
Speaking of Yakuza, I like that Yakuza 6's special edition comes with a shot glass. That's pretty badass.
Not a shot glass, 2 bar glasses.  With dope ass dragons. and ice stones.

This is seriously the only CE I'm hyped about for the foreseeable future.  I wouldn't even be buying the game if it weren't for this CE.

Amazon even has it 20% off for Prime even though it's a CE.

azure

« Reply #13512 on: August 22, 2017, 03:46:26 pm »
Aye it is a great SE, really fits the game.

« Reply #13513 on: August 22, 2017, 03:53:09 pm »
Kiwami is going to be my first time playing one of the Yakuza games.  I don't own the original so I figured the remake would be a good starting point.

azure

« Reply #13514 on: August 22, 2017, 03:57:20 pm »
Kiwami is going to be my first time playing one of the Yakuza games.  I don't own the original so I figured the remake would be a good starting point.
You're better off, don't have to suffer through the dub of the original. On top of a lot of other things the remake's engine improves on. I expect a reveal of a remake of the 2nd game as well and maybe even a current gen collection of the ps3 titles with the presentation this Saturday.