Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1659838 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5865 on: February 06, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »
Whoa, I had no idea they did this.  I ordered two but haven't opened either (actually I ordered 3 but one has since been traded off :P)... I did a little googling and found this image:

Pretty neat!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #5866 on: February 06, 2015, 05:30:34 pm »
... so they made a limited run, and then made them even more desirable to collectors by making SIX DIFFERENT VARIANTS?

desocietas

« Reply #5867 on: February 06, 2015, 05:47:18 pm »
... so they made a limited run, and then made them even more desirable to collectors by making SIX DIFFERENT VARIANTS?

I know... I like it, but hell that's going to give some collectors some OCD nightmares.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:00:54 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #5868 on: February 06, 2015, 05:49:07 pm »
That "C" disc variant is pretty awesome looking. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5869 on: February 06, 2015, 05:57:49 pm »
that's true, kash - I remember those sweet Lunar LE's & the art work variants on the discs.

I agree Abe- C's my favorite too.  Unfortunately, I opened & I'm playing my "B" version while my forever-sealed copy's a "C" :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #5870 on: February 06, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »
Welp, looks like I've got A and B. Luckily, I don't think my collector OCD will care too much that I don't have C.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #5871 on: February 06, 2015, 08:14:47 pm »

I know... I like it, but hell that's going to give some collectors some OCD nightmares.

And there's no way to know what type of manual is included unless you open the game. Lovely.

davifus

« Reply #5872 on: February 06, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »
I'll start caring when I get a copy...  :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

karyann

« Reply #5873 on: February 06, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »
Darn, I got the B variant :( I'd have preferred A, but I still like it better than C, so I guess it's okay in the end :P And I got the Zebra manual!

desocietas

« Reply #5874 on: February 06, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »
Sweet, I got B & C.  I definitely like A better than B, but you get what you get.  I haven't opened them yet, though, so I have no idea what manual I have -__-

You know what this means, right, guys?  We might need up to 6 different entries for this title.  :-X  That excludes the digital version.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #5875 on: February 06, 2015, 09:28:43 pm »
Yeah I don't plan on opening mine yet so I have no idea what manual I have!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #5876 on: February 06, 2015, 09:29:57 pm »
I'll start caring when I get a copy...  :'(

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5877 on: February 06, 2015, 09:39:01 pm »
So I went to Goodwill today. First thing I did, as always, is go straight to the glass-case at the front. What do I see? A copy of Extreme G for N64. Cool, I've been wanting that one. But wait a minute, what is this? I kid you not, they had a $60 price-tag on Extreme G for N64. I astonishinly ask the lady, "Why is this game is $60?" She tells me they looked it up and it was going for $100 so they priced it at $60. I assured her that it's quite the common game, in fact that it's about as cheap as cheap gets when it comes to video games. She didn't budge. I then assured her and mentioned that I've been collecting classic games and consoles for years. She rolled her eyes and went back to what she was doing.

Wow, good luck selling that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:40:52 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #5878 on: February 06, 2015, 10:20:21 pm »
Sweet, I got B & C.  I definitely like A better than B, but you get what you get.  I haven't opened them yet, though, so I have no idea what manual I have -__-

You know what this means, right, guys?  We might need up to 6 different entries for this title.  :-X  That excludes the digital version.

With our luck they'll sell digital versions with 17 different game icons or something. Yeesh.

I really wouldn't bother with a manual variant, to be honest - we should probably stick to disc / product code variants. And mention the manuals in the item description.

desocietas

« Reply #5879 on: February 06, 2015, 10:24:09 pm »

With our luck they'll sell digital versions with 17 different game icons or something. Yeesh.

I really wouldn't bother with a manual variant, to be honest - we should probably stick to disc / product code variants. And mention the manuals in the item description.

I agree. People can list their particular manual variant in their note field.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas