Author Topic: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 31261 times)

scott

Re: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2013, 10:31:30 am »
Just got this little baby in the mail from Ziondood! Etrian Odyssey III! It's in super spiffy shape too. :D

Wow, man - you're right...that looks like the very epitome of "Super-Spiffy"

(...Assuming, of course, that "Super-Spiffy" even *HAS* an epitome :)

What's your current status w/ the rest of the series, Scott?!

Do you already have I and II?

Pre-ordered IV?

Played any/all of 'em yet...*Enquiring Minds* Wanna' know :P

Nope, I've never played it. But back when I was covering gaming news I remember III coming out and being kinda excited about it. Though I never ended up picking it up. I am actually in the search for 1 and 2 at reasonable prices. I have 4 on pre order too, through amazon.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »
Havent posted in here in a while .. but this one I want to mention. I made a deal with a guy on Nintendo age for Suikoden II with guide. I had to make payments on it cause there was no way I could have bought it in one shot. But it arrived today. Game looks great. Guide (first one in the system here!) has a bit of wear but its not ripped anywhere or bent or anything. Im pretty happy cause that was one of the biggest games left for me to add to my PS1 collection. I just recently finished a playthrough of FF VI too so that leaves my PS1 open and ready to start this game tonight.

scott

« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2013, 03:55:47 pm »
Nice! Congrats!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2013, 04:00:33 pm »
Havent posted in here in a while .. but this one I want to mention. I made a deal with a guy on Nintendo age for Suikoden II with guide. I had to make payments on it cause there was no way I could have bought it in one shot. But it arrived today. Game looks great. Guide (first one in the system here!) has a bit of wear but its not ripped anywhere or bent or anything. Im pretty happy cause that was one of the biggest games left for me to add to my PS1 collection. I just recently finished a playthrough of FF VI too so that leaves my PS1 open and ready to start this game tonight.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I have always wanted to try it but I have never wanted to shell out the dough for a copy.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2013, 04:07:58 pm »
Nice! Congrats!

x 2  ;D

Those 2 consecutive Suiko2's in your sig -right next to each other- *do* have a look and an air of...*AWESOMENESS* to them...

...even if they *did* knock my (*unequally* awesome) *"Brutal Legend"* for the PS3 out-of-sight  ???
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »
I was actually hesitant for a while to buy the game. I wasnt amazingly impressed with the first one but all the people that I have talked to about the game have said its 100 times the game the first one is.

And heh my signature is interesting as hell right now for sure. 2 Suikoden II spots, Slime gum, and the 2 new Skylander giants (which I have to mention ... if you guys play Giants that I found Thumpback and Eyebrawl both at Wal-mart so 1: Obviously they are out and 2: they arent Gamestop exclusive like the Hot Dog 3 pack is. Thumpback is a pretty damned powerful character. Eyebrawl is pretty weak at first. Havent gotten too much put into him yet to see if he becomes the powerhouse I can imagine he could be).

pacpix

« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2013, 06:23:05 pm »
I won a copy of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade from the advgamer.blogspot.com!  Really enjoy this blog, he is playing through all the PC adventure games.  I also enjoy crpgaddict.blogspot.com who is doing the same thing only with PC RPGs.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

htimreimer

« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2013, 07:35:24 pm »
look at what i bought from ebay today

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2013, 09:05:05 pm »
I won a copy of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade from the advgamer.blogspot.com!  Really enjoy this blog, he is playing through all the PC adventure games.  I also enjoy crpgaddict.blogspot.com who is doing the same thing only with PC RPGs.
Is it the "Graphic Adventure" one?  If so, that's awesome.

pacpix

« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2013, 09:11:51 pm »
Yup!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2013, 09:13:37 pm »
Yup!
Had a ton of fun with this one back in the day. Have you played it?

pacpix

« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »
I have played a little bit.  Right know I am in the Catacombs.  I plan on finishing it this weekend since I don't have school on monday

ko1ru

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »
Got a buttload of PSP games today, as well as a few other things.  Funny thing is, I don't even own a PSP, but couldn't pass these up - especially with them being Buy 2 Get 1 Free!   :D

PSP
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Final Fantasy IV
Half-Minute Hero (own this on XBLA and love it)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Valkyria Chronicles II
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

PS2
Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia - Premium Edition w/ artbook
Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
Suikoden Tactics

Also got MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf - Limited Edition (Xbox), Tomb Raider (PS1), and Snake Rattle n Roll and The Bard's Tale (NES).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:28:49 pm by ko1ru »

jcalder8

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:28 pm »
Got a buttload of PSP games today, as well as a few other things.  Funny thing is, I don't even own a PSP, but couldn't pass these up - especially with them being Buy 2 Get 1 Free!   :D

PSP
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Final Fantasy IV
Half-Minute Hero (own this on XBLA and love it)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Valkyria Chronicles II
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

PS2
Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia - Premium Edition w/ artbook
Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
Suikoden Tactics

Also got MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf - Limited Edition (Xbox), Tomb Raider (PS1), and Snake Rattle n Roll and The Bard's Tale (NES).
That's a great start to a PSP collection

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2013, 11:09:39 pm »
I got Super Mario Bros U today.  It's a real good time.  I haven't made it far, but I love this Mario shit.
Wait! There's more!  My wife got me the Mega Man Zero Collection for DS.  I haven't played it yet.  I don't know the first thing about the Zero series.  We'll just have to see.