Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1532829 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1170 on: November 18, 2013, 09:30:08 am »
YAY!

So I was in Best Buy looking around, when, inadvertantly, I happened to glance up & see a new music CD that I'd been waiting for...but...didn't even realize that it was out yet  ;D

It's the:  MMLP#2  8)

soera should know what I'm talking about...
I have been enjoying it

When did you get it?

I'm liking disc 1 a *whole* lot more than disc 2...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1171 on: November 18, 2013, 12:53:58 pm »
Since I've let myself get *SO* behind with adding things here - I've decided to make it a point to add at least a few things every day.

So, while the last 3 items in my sig-pic are new *here*; they've been waiting to be included here for ages :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1172 on: November 18, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »
I just followed my own VGCollect account here. Did you guys know you could do that? lol

scott

« Reply #1173 on: November 18, 2013, 08:45:17 pm »
Hmm. No I did not know that, haha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #1174 on: November 18, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »
I just followed my own VGCollect account here. Did you guys know you could do that? lol

hax!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #1175 on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:08 pm »
It at least gives Disgaeniac someone to follow!

scott

« Reply #1176 on: November 18, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »
NICE!

I just went from the mid 4,000s on the Resogun "Experienced" difficulty level leaderboard, to the 600s. I was rocking that shit like none other that run!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1177 on: November 19, 2013, 09:23:57 am »
It at least gives Disgaeniac someone to follow!

;)

(...but I won't do that)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1178 on: November 20, 2013, 02:53:58 pm »
Does it make me narcissistic if I sit in My Last Corner of the World and admire my collection?  I even catch myself on this site browsing through the endless titles that I own.

Am I the only one that does this?

soera

« Reply #1179 on: November 20, 2013, 02:59:38 pm »
I find myself going into my game room at least once a day just to look and admire the stuff I got. Its part of being a collector is truly appreciating and still enjoying the items itself!

« Reply #1180 on: November 20, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »
I get to fall asleep every night staring at my Chinese PC games :D

In all seriousness, I like to use that little bit of time as an opportunity to remind myself how lucky I am to own all these cool things :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1181 on: November 22, 2013, 11:15:29 am »
I was really pumped when I found out about the Retro Gaming Society having an Arkansas chapter. The Facebook group was going to be another place, similar to this one, that like minded folks could come together and talk about this hobby. I even envisioned a group that would get together locally. It was going to be awesome.

I was wrong. It didn't take long for it to turn into another Facebook yard sale group. Every other post is "Check out my awesome $2 find. It's all for sale or trade". I really thought people enjoyed these games. Turns out it's just another way for people to make money.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have picked stuff up for trade bait. I've even sold stuff, but I keep 99% of everything I buy. I've left lots of stuff laying for the next guy.

Edit:  This isn't a gripe about the RGS at all.  I dig what they're doing.  I'm just losing faith in humanity and people in Arkansas in general.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:17:41 am by turf »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1182 on: November 22, 2013, 12:44:50 pm »
I was really pumped when I found out about the Retro Gaming Society having an Arkansas chapter. The Facebook group was going to be another place, similar to this one, that like minded folks could come together and talk about this hobby. I even envisioned a group that would get together locally. It was going to be awesome.

I was wrong. It didn't take long for it to turn into another Facebook yard sale group. Every other post is "Check out my awesome $2 find. It's all for sale or trade". I really thought people enjoyed these games. Turns out it's just another way for people to make money.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have picked stuff up for trade bait. I've even sold stuff, but I keep 99% of everything I buy. I've left lots of stuff laying for the next guy.

Edit:  This isn't a gripe about the RGS at all.  I dig what they're doing.  I'm just losing faith in humanity and people in Arkansas in general.

Why is that a bad thing? Now you have another local source to buy video games!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1183 on: November 22, 2013, 12:54:00 pm »

Why is that a bad thing? Now you have another local source to buy video games!

If I wanted eBay prices, I'd shop on eBay.  I actually saw, "Nah, I can't do that price.  I'll just throw it up on eBay."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1184 on: November 22, 2013, 01:42:12 pm »
That sucks. But it's still an advantage. You don't have to pay for or wait for shipping.