Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599921 times)

anruiukimi

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1965 on: March 27, 2014, 09:48:06 am »

Heh I should have waited to actually put it in my database cause I wanted to wait til the end of the month and take a big pic of the cool stuff I got this month (waiting on one last piece). I just got it today thanks to an awesome trade with a fellow VGcollect member. :)

Waiting on one last piece, eh? :P Here's hoping it's as cool as the limited photo showed! XD

You know its going to be as cool as it looks!!!! :D

I sent you a few messages the other day, in case you didn't notice :P

...and I'll be doing a big picture of my own acquisitions soon too! (If only because they are kinda big...)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1966 on: March 28, 2014, 10:46:06 am »
Since the original topic died a silent death -but- since it's still something that I'm interested in -AND- since I still really enjoy finding & learning + hearing & about new ones that I didn't already know about...

...I Revive the:

"Games With Reverse-able Covers" topic/subject!

Any & all games for any & all systems/platforms is fair...GAME   ;)

What actually re-kindled my interest in this was noticing that my Witch & the 100 Knight game (not only) had one -but- it's one of the few (or maybe even only) games that I've EVAR seen to get it "right"!

"Right" meaning that in addition to the 'optional' side (IMO, at least) looking better than the 'default' one ==>

==> it actually has the freakin' title of the game on the spine OF BOTH SIDES; so - you can actually reverse the art work, put it on the shelf with the rest of your games, and...know W.T.F. it is   ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1967 on: March 28, 2014, 10:57:14 am »
Double-posting be damned!

Since I've made another observation/have another question that's completely un-related to my previous post - I'm just gonna go ahead & post/ask it here & now  8)

Anyone else noticed the different/New Region-Coding (at least on PS3 games)?

(What I mean by this is that ALL of my PS3 games (except for the following 3) are numbered/labeled as Region "1" while these three all have a region of "ALL" instead  :o

I'm guessing that it must be a new thing because I only see it on 3 of my PS3 games -and- they're all pretty new games; they are:

1).  The Witch and the 100 Knight,

2).  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Re-master, and (intentionally saved for last due to another...'issue' with it)

3).  Deception IV: Blood Ties. (Which, I think, looks more like a PS4 game than a PS3 one on my shelf with the "PS3" in a little, bright blue strip on top -and- the rest of the spine is a solid white (except, obviously for the lettering - which is in black); what is this now - the 3rd design for PS3 games?!

scott

« Reply #1968 on: March 28, 2014, 12:20:44 pm »
So-

I've got a nice & random question/topic

for

a nice & random "general discussion" thread:

What's the longest (# of hours) that you've ever played a game for (w/o getting or seeing a "Game Over") *without* saving your progress ==> then died?

And/or any stories & comments about how many hours of game-play that (either you or someone else) may have 'accidentally' deleted and/or lost to a power outage, corrupted HDD, battery dying, etc...

I played Don't Starve on my PS4 a few months ago and had an epic save file. Then, because of stupidity and not being careful I ended up dying. That game has perma-death, so once you die it wipes your file.

I had a game of Persona 3 FES going on my PS3 and the stupid virtual memory card wiped my 10+ hour save. I was doing really good with my social links too...

I've gone and lost countless hours of grinding in old RPGs, where I spent tons of time in between saves.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1969 on: March 28, 2014, 12:33:25 pm »
So-

I've got a nice & random question/topic

for

a nice & random "general discussion" thread:

What's the longest (# of hours) that you've ever played a game for (w/o getting or seeing a "Game Over") *without* saving your progress ==> then died?

And/or any stories & comments about how many hours of game-play that (either you or someone else) may have 'accidentally' deleted and/or lost to a power outage, corrupted HDD, battery dying, etc...

I played Don't Starve on my PS4 a few months ago and had an epic save file. Then, because of stupidity and not being careful I ended up dying. That game has perma-death, so once you die it wipes your file.

No suspend save?!

Hah!

Weakest link in the chain that it is - Disgaea 3's story starts out w/ a prince wanting to kill his father (the king) because ==>

==>his father accidentally stepped on his "SlayStation3"; losing thousands of hours of the kid's save data  :P

scott

« Reply #1970 on: March 28, 2014, 01:13:05 pm »
It has a save feature, so you can stop and come back to it. But when you die, your file dies along with it.

foxhack

« Reply #1971 on: March 28, 2014, 03:08:31 pm »
One of the only good things about living in this hellhole: We get to see Marvel movies a week earlier than Americans.

*flashes his reservation for the 2:30 showing of Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

anruiukimi

« Reply #1972 on: March 28, 2014, 03:29:05 pm »
One of the only good things about living in this hellhole: We get to see Marvel movies a week earlier than Americans.

*flashes his reservation for the 2:30 showing of Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BAH

Enjoy ;)

argyle

« Reply #1973 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:41 pm »
Since the original topic died a silent death -but- since it's still something that I'm interested in -AND- since I still really enjoy finding & learning + hearing & about new ones that I didn't already know about...

...I Revive the:

"Games With Reverse-able Covers" topic/subject!

Any & all games for any & all systems/platforms is fair...GAME   ;)

What actually re-kindled my interest in this was noticing that my Witch & the 100 Knight game (not only) had one -but- it's one of the few (or maybe even only) games that I've EVAR seen to get it "right"!

"Right" meaning that in addition to the 'optional' side (IMO, at least) looking better than the 'default' one ==>

==> it actually has the freakin' title of the game on the spine OF BOTH SIDES; so - you can actually reverse the art work, put it on the shelf with the rest of your games, and...know W.T.F. it is   ;D

I didn't care for TW&THK's reverse cover.  That may be partially because way back when they were letting people vote on what it would be, the best one by far (IMO) didn't come close to winning.  You can see a piece of it on the back of the manual.  Here it is:

I did open my Tales of Symphonia Chronicles disk just before leaving on my trip & noticed it had a reversible cover that I really liked, so I flipped it.  There are some others I really preferred over the default ones as well, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

pacpix

« Reply #1974 on: March 28, 2014, 08:55:31 pm »
Who else is excited for what could possibly be the greatest sequel of all time?

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1975 on: March 30, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »
Oh, boy...   :-X

Please check out the games I have for sale.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1976 on: March 30, 2014, 08:03:24 pm »
So, I'm sitting on the couch enjoying the exciting Kentucky/Michigan game. There's less than a minute left. The score is tied. Then... my power goes out for no reason at all. AHHHHHHH!!!

anruiukimi

« Reply #1977 on: March 30, 2014, 11:03:39 pm »
So, I'm sitting on the couch enjoying the exciting Kentucky/Michigan game. There's less than a minute left. The score is tied. Then... my power goes out for no reason at all. AHHHHHHH!!!

Aw, that sucks >_<

scott

« Reply #1978 on: March 31, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »
Ok, I'm back. Diablo III sucked me in hard and it was back to the ol' WoW days of coming home, showering, eating and then gaming all night long. I'm slowly catching up on all the convos that have built up.

Of course Diablo III still has a good hold on me. I don't seem myself playing much of anything else for a while... Must. Adventure. Nephalem Rifts.

« Reply #1979 on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:19 am »
Really need to start focusing on my PS1 collecting again. It has the most games I am after for a given system (about 40 games left that I want) and most of them aren't cheap, and it is getting worse. I just looked up what Castlevania Chronicles is going for now and it has nearly doubled in value over the past year. . . bummer :(

Speaking of Castlevania Chronicles, ended up scoring a complete mint copy for $35 today! Definitely beat the $60+ ones going on Ebay right now :)