Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1602656 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1980 on: April 01, 2014, 01:16:44 am »
Really need to start focusing on my PS1 collecting again. It has the most games I am after for a given system (about 40 games left that I want) and most of them aren't cheap, and it is getting worse. I just looked up what Castlevania Chronicles is going for now and it has nearly doubled in value over the past year. . . bummer :(

Speaking of Castlevania Chronicles, ended up scoring a complete mint copy for $35 today! Definitely beat the $60+ ones going on Ebay right now :)

Very nice! I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that.

« Reply #1981 on: April 01, 2014, 02:23:04 am »
Really need to start focusing on my PS1 collecting again. It has the most games I am after for a given system (about 40 games left that I want) and most of them aren't cheap, and it is getting worse. I just looked up what Castlevania Chronicles is going for now and it has nearly doubled in value over the past year. . . bummer :(

Speaking of Castlevania Chronicles, ended up scoring a complete mint copy for $35 today! Definitely beat the $60+ ones going on Ebay right now :)
Very nice! I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that.

This game as been my PS1 white whale for a while. I have seen two copies ever, and they were both overpriced, at least up until today :) . I was really worried that I would have to break the bank on this one some day, but seeing one at $35 I bought it without thinking twice. Crazy how fast this game went up in price.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1982 on: April 01, 2014, 02:53:24 am »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1983 on: April 01, 2014, 07:57:23 am »
Anyone been listening to their Dark Souls 2 OST yet?

Track # 35 is just...sweeeet!

Reminds me of & comes close to the greatness that is the Persona 'Fusion Room' music...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1984 on: April 01, 2014, 08:29:18 am »

Nice!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #1985 on: April 01, 2014, 09:22:09 am »

Reminds me of & comes close to the greatness that is the Persona 'Fusion Room' music...

Haven't checked that one out yet, but I did but a bunch of soundtracks on my Zune (yes...I'm the 1 person who uses a Zune :P) for my trip last week.  The Killer Is Dead soundtrack sounds great from what I heard - still need to get around to playing that one.  Also had some various Square remix albums they put out either last year or 2012, and those were really cool.  And of course the Bravely Default soundtrack is fantastic.  Lots of good music hitting lately!  The only recent one I can't decide about is Danganronpa.  I think maybe a full soundtrack would be pretty good, but the "sampler" they give w/ the LE is pretty...repetitive.  A lot of it sounds like remixes of the main theme. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1986 on: April 01, 2014, 11:32:37 am »

Haven't checked that one out yet, but I did but a bunch of soundtracks on my Zune (yes...I'm the 1 person who uses a Zune :P) for my trip last week.  The Killer Is Dead soundtrack sounds great from what I heard - still need to get around to playing that one.  Also had some various Square remix albums they put out either last year or 2012, and those were really cool.  And of course the Bravely Default soundtrack is fantastic.  Lots of good music hitting lately!  The only recent one I can't decide about is Danganronpa.  I think maybe a full soundtrack would be pretty good, but the "sampler" they give w/ the LE is pretty...repetitive.  A lot of it sounds like remixes of the main theme.

W.T.F.'s a "zune"?  :o

argyle

« Reply #1987 on: April 01, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »

W.T.F.'s a "zune"?  :o

Lol, Microsoft's failed Ipod competitor.  Honestly, it's the best piece of hardware MS has ever made IMO, and at the time it was introduced no one else had a service to compete with theirs (pay a flat monthly fee to listen to all the music you want, either on your pc or downloaded to your Zune).  Heck, I *still* use the service and at this point am just dreading the inevitable death of that too.  :(

It irritates me that they make a piece of crap console (IMO...) and it sells like hotcakes, and meanwhile they make the best MP3 player on the market with an amazing service to match & can't market/sell it worth squat.   >:(
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

scott

« Reply #1988 on: April 01, 2014, 12:21:09 pm »
Lol, Microsoft's failed Ipod competitor.  Honestly, it's the best piece of hardware MS has ever made IMO, and at the time it was introduced no one else had a service to compete with theirs (pay a flat monthly fee to listen to all the music you want, either on your pc or downloaded to your Zune).  Heck, I *still* use the service and at this point am just dreading the inevitable death of that too.  :(

It irritates me that they make a piece of crap console (IMO...) and it sells like hotcakes, and meanwhile they make the best MP3 player on the market with an amazing service to match & can't market/sell it worth squat.   >:(

I had a original model Zune and it was great! I used it constantly and loved the hell out of it. But it ended up erroring on me and I was sent out a replacement. The replacement would randomly wipe it's own drive and after another year of it I went out and bought my first iPod Classic.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1989 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:40 pm »
I like cruising around YouTube and giving random videos "Likes". Maybe it'll make someone's day.

90snostalga

« Reply #1990 on: April 01, 2014, 06:53:53 pm »
I like cruising around YouTube and giving random videos "Likes". Maybe it'll make someone's day.

It would sure make mine day... 8)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1991 on: April 02, 2014, 01:26:47 am »

I had a original model Zune and it was great! I used it constantly and loved the hell out of it. But it ended up erroring on me and I was sent out a replacement. The replacement would randomly wipe it's own drive and after another year of it I went out and bought my first iPod Classic.
My sister gave me her original Zune and it is pretty awesome...  I love it, although seeing my brother's slim version is making me a bit jealous.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #1992 on: April 02, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »

I was working at Target when the Zune first came out. Working in electronics we used to sell at least a dozen Ipods daily, however I think in the two or three years we carried the Zune I think I maybe sold one, I am dead serious lol.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1993 on: April 03, 2014, 09:10:16 am »
So wtf's this "FireTV"?

argyle

« Reply #1994 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:15 am »

My sister gave me her original Zune and it is pretty awesome...  I love it, although seeing my brother's slim version is making me a bit jealous.

I used my original fat one until it started acting a little flakey (still worked, just reset itself occasionally - I mainly just wanted an excuse to upgrade) so I got a slim/touch model which I still use.  I love it.  :)