Author Topic: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 31000 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 06:24:40 pm »
@foxhack, those are some great prices! I would have more DC games if I could find them for that cheap!

Are you in the U.S.? Because I generally find most Dreamcast games to be pretty cheap, here in the U.S. Skies of Arcadia is an exception, but then that's usually the case with many JRPGs on any console.

foxhack

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »
@foxhack, those are some great prices! I would have more DC games if I could find them for that cheap!

Are you in the U.S.? Because I generally find most Dreamcast games to be pretty cheap, here in the U.S. Skies of Arcadia is an exception, but then that's usually the case with many JRPGs on any console.
Well... I live in Mexico but buy stuff to resell at local flea markets in the US.

Thing is, most of these flea market booths are owned by Mexican people, who love to mark up the prices on everything. These are likely the cheapest Dreamcast games I've ever bought there. Most of the time they want $5 or more per game, unless they think it's a music CD, in which case they only ask for $1-$2, unless they're jerks.

(I'm allowed to criticize people from my own country, right?)

I've also been to flea markets up in Tennessee and man, the prices there are INSANE. $15 for Super Mario / Duck Hunt, $100 for Final Fantasy VII... this was a few years back though. I have no idea if things have... settled since then.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:29:32 pm by foxhack »

jcalder8

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 12:11:48 am »

I live in Canada and I rarely see DC games unless they are sports ones and even then they are normally priced at about $5.

jcalder8

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 12:13:53 am »
I've also been to flea markets up in Tennessee and man, the prices there are INSANE. $15 for Super Mario / Duck Hunt, $100 for Final Fantasy VII... this was a few years back though. I have no idea if things have... settled since then.
This is why I haven't been to a flea market in years. It really turned into just walking around looking at games and never buying anything.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 12:19:02 am »

I live in Canada and I rarely see DC games unless they are sports ones and even then they are normally priced at about $5.

If $5 is an expensive game to you, then you should just get out game collecting now.

jcalder8

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 12:28:15 am »

If $5 is an expensive game to you, then you should just get out game collecting now.
It depends on the game, if it is NFL 2K1 then yes $5 is WAY too much for me. I have also spent $150 on a single game before so I don't mind spending the money if it is worth it.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 02:52:25 am »
Happy New Year vgcollectors!

I recently acquired a display case for some of my favorite collectibles...

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

scott

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 08:20:34 am »
Oh that's sexy! Nice grab on that display case, for sure. It looks pretty mint from that pic.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 12:11:31 pm »
Thanks man, I'm really enjoying it thus far.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

jcalder8

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 01:51:53 pm »
Thanks man, I'm really enjoying it thus far.
I bet! That looks awesome!

htimreimer

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 07:09:52 pm »
 i got two more games in my quest to get all of the games i played kid and i'm starting to realize that most of them are by fisher price,davidson and the learning company which is scaring me for some reason

jobocan

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »
I got me some japanese PS3 games!

First, E.X. Troopers, which I got because Capcom are once again being buttheads and aren't localizing it (adding another thing to the near endless list of bad Capcom decisions this gen).
Second, Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! Meikai Katsugeki Wide-Han (Best Hit Selection)... wow that's a long title. Got this one because I heard it was similar to Pocky & Rocky on the SNES.

Also... if anyone needs a 5$ off 60$ order coupon for play-asia, let me know in a PM. It needs to be used before February 16th and I doubt I'll use it.

jcalder8

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:21 pm »
Picked up my first game of the new year today as a birthday present from my parents Master of the Monster Lair of the DS. I have missed out on too many Atlus games and it sounds like an interesting concept so I picked it up.

darko

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 07:58:47 pm »
Picked up Doom 3 BFG Edition on PS3 today. I'm looking forward to finally beating Doom 3!

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 09:16:47 pm »
Picked up a few Vectrex overlays. Other than Halo 4 last month, it's been a pretty quiet couple of months for me.