Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 179622 times)

soera

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #690 on: March 03, 2014, 08:46:35 pm »
Suspend it from the ceiling. That way it can swing around. :)

« Reply #691 on: March 03, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »
this community has some amazing game rooms.
makes me proud to be part of it

scott

« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2014, 08:35:22 am »
I just need to get one more thing, other than framing my Game Informer Castlevania poster. Then I'll be ready to post new pictures of my game room. I'm looking at picking up another bookcase like the one I have my strategy guides in. Once I have that, I can get my WoW figures out and a few other things.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #693 on: March 04, 2014, 08:46:09 am »
I just need to get one more thing, other than framing my Game Informer Castlevania poster.

This wasn't in this month's issue by chance, was it?  I had been getting digital but recently told them to start sending me the physical magazine again - but it hasn't kicked in yet.  If it's the current issue tho, I can get one of the guys I know at GS to hook me up with it. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #694 on: March 04, 2014, 09:13:46 am »
I just need to get one more thing, other than framing my Game Informer Castlevania poster.

This wasn't in this month's issue by chance, was it?  I had been getting digital but recently told them to start sending me the physical magazine again - but it hasn't kicked in yet.  If it's the current issue tho, I can get one of the guys I know at GS to hook me up with it.

Nope.  You didn't miss anything (no posters in this month's issue); this is also something that I'll never switch to digital only on...just like *EVERYTHING* else  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #695 on: March 04, 2014, 09:18:12 am »
I honestly can't even  remember WHY I switched to digital only, to be honest.   ???  I guess it was during my tablet phase, which was short lived. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

scott

« Reply #696 on: March 04, 2014, 09:28:33 am »

Nope it was a GameStop rewards points item. I used my Pro points ( or whatever) to redeem it last year some time.

soera

« Reply #697 on: March 04, 2014, 09:37:22 am »
You actually found something on the GS reward page to buy? I have almost 5000 points and I can maybe pick up a pack of batteries. Their rewards are pretty sad or stupidly expensive.

argyle

« Reply #698 on: March 04, 2014, 09:42:38 am »
Ahh, gotcha.  I usually end up using my points on "steal of the week" coupons.  They usually run at least one really good one a month. 

scott

« Reply #699 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:40 am »
Ya I went there on a whim and ended up with enough points to snag it. Other than that I've never used points for anything hah.

Edit: This is the poster. It doesn't have that stone looking border on it though.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:04:24 am by scott »

argyle

« Reply #700 on: March 12, 2014, 05:20:11 pm »
Very nice.  I have this one in an old issue of Nintendo Power that I'm about to frame:

scott

« Reply #701 on: March 12, 2014, 05:21:26 pm »
Oh I want that!

« Reply #702 on: April 07, 2014, 12:57:50 pm »
I am currently restoring mine:

I made a new ceiling and repainted the walls so fa;

More to come soon! :)

Before:

After:

Current view of the basement of doom:

Stay tuned! :)

argyle

« Reply #703 on: April 08, 2014, 09:20:57 pm »
OK, I *finally* took pics of my game room.  But I took quite a few - how did some of you guys post the smaller pics in the thread that enlarge when you click them? 

argyle

« Reply #704 on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »
OK, maybe I figured it out.  :)  Click on the pics for larger versions.

I've had these posters for a while.  Two of them - Kingdom Hearts & Dark Cloud 2 - are 2 of my favorite box arts on the system.  And I'm just a big R&C fan.  :)  The keyblade was a Christmas gift last year from a good friend - awesome surprise.  Oh, and in case anyone is wondering - I can remember my name just fine.  My brother worked at a sign place when I was little & made that for me, and I've just always kept it hung somewhere.  No one calls me "Gregory" except my mom (and your mom is allowed to call you anything she wants!). 

Here's a closer shot - my GC/Wii games are here, along w/ some statues & my Mario domino set.  Notice the joystick light switch - a must for any game room.  ;)

This is my Tales "shrine".  The empty spot is reserved for Tales of Xillia 2.  :D  The framed print was a sign at Gamestop - I cut off the banner across the bottom that said GS & framed it, it turned out pretty good imo. 

Inside that cabinet are my Xbox games & 360 games - the 360 games are the 2 I didn't want to part with (Vesperia & Culdcept) and a bunch that were worthless so I figured I may as well hang onto them.  ;) 

An overview of my main game shelf wall.  Top shelf is for large CE boxes.  Second shelf (from the top) is PSone/Dreamcast/PSP/Vita/DS/3DS games.  Then there's my one boxed GBA game, my one boxed NES game, my steelbook cases & my smaller CE boxes.  Third shelf is PS2, fourth is PS3. 

Left side of my system setup.  My PS3/PS4 are in the den connected to the good TV, so these are just my older systems.  Xbox on top, top-loader NES/Genesis (one of those newer systems that are sold in drug stores that have a ton of built in games, but it also accepts Genesis carts & has plugs for normal controllers) on the next shelf.  GBA SP / GC on the next & my few NES/Genesis carts in a box below that.  I've been looking for something nicer looking that will fit in that hole & hold my carts, preferably with a lid, but haven't found anything yet.  You can also see my 3DS XL on its dock and the dock for my Vita on the TV shelf, right in front of my PS2 RE chainsaw controller.  Oh, and my oversized Wind Waker display box in the far left corner. 

Other side of TV.  PSX/PS2/DC (black Sports ed.) on the shelves.  My Tron CE & toy light disk my wife gave me on top - I love me some Tron.  :D  The dragon thing is a decorative knife my father-in-law gave me, it's pretty cool. 

Right-side close-up of my game shelves.  That Chrono Cross clock has been a long time prized possession of mine. 

Left-side close-up.  Teddy & Drippy say "hi".  ;)

My quickly growing Nendoroid collection. 

Slime controller and smaller DQVIII promotional slimes. 

Pac-Man shot glass set & my 2 Arby's Pac-Man glasses circa 1980.  My wife gave me one of those for Christmas and I loved it.  We found another one at a flea market while on vacation a couple weeks ago for $2, also in perfect condition so I grabbed it.  :)

I'm not a huge Killzone fan - but I won that set from IGN's Podcast Beyond.  You can see where Greg Miller, Collin Moriarty & Ryan Clements signed it on front.  And that's not the standard Killzone CE, it's the super-limited one where the eyes will light up in the helmet.  Very cool.  BTW, those black felt drawers that are on each side of my system shelves hold my controllers, accessories, memory cards, etc.  They're separated by system, and what drawer has what system generally lines up with where the systems are on the shelves.  Works very well.

My game soundtrack collection (which starts just to the right of my Smashing Pumpkins collection ;) ).  The top ones are ones that didn't come in standard CD cases, and the bottom ones are...those that did.  :P  There are 4 or 5 more on the shelf just bellow. 

Overview shot of my guide shelf.  My dad made that shelf for me - it's extremely sturdy & perfect for storing my guides.  There are more guides behind those top 2 doors btw, mostly either for games I don't have or just guides I don't care as much about - was running out of space. 

Top close up.  Sadly, that Punching Galleon doll is all I have left from my Lunar PSOne set.  :(  And he's a little crooked in the package because my ex decided to take him out one day, which I was NOT happy about.   >:(

Top shelf - my Wizard's Companion book from Ni no Kuni CE ;D , my short/fat guides & my small artbooks that came in various CE's.  And then my Zelda CE guide collection in the chest.  Next shelf is my large artbooks & the start of my CE guides.

The rest of my CE guides & then my normal guides.  That Skyrim car tag was a Christmas gift from a friend a couple years ago (same one who gave me the keyblade ;) ).  I don't have a front tag holder on my car, so decided to just display it. 

My only non-gaming poster in the room right now - and I'm thinking about moving it.  Love - LOVE - Seinfeld!  That shiny R&C poster to the left is very cool too - wish I could find a frame that fit it.  The others I'll have closer pics of in a sec. 

Probably my most prized gaming-related item.  This was a display poster at a toy store (I think KB?).  I was in the mall late one night with some college friends back in the mid-90's and we went in the toy store to look around.  I saw the poster & loved it.  The place was deserted, the clerk girl looked bored out of her mind - so I asked her when they were going to take it down (the game had been out a bit by then).  She told me to take it.  Looks amazing framed. 

My wife gave me this for Christmas last year.  My favorite Penny-Arcade strip - it doesn't need a single word to get its message across.  Pretty much sums up why I like to game.  :)

I used to have this entire DQ8 stand-up display but it was too bulky and I didn't have room for it.  Removed this center piece, which was the main piece anyway.  I think it looks really good on its own.  Crazy Taxi logo above the door was also part of a large display at one point. 

There's no angle at which this picture DOESN'T glare.  :P  Love the poster, even if I really didn't like LoS2. 

This is just outside the game room door - I was a huge PSO fan. 

My 2 framed Nintendo Power posters.  I thought these came out amazingly - and all I did was get some black poster board & double sided tape.  I call this my...wait for it...Metroidvania wall.  *insert groans here*  :P  This is in the hall just outside the game room, btw.

Was that enough pics?  ;)