Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1544324 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1230 on: December 04, 2013, 12:47:40 am »
I use way too much punctuation in my post, especially semi-colons.

Punctuation Nazi says, "Nope, no semi-colons at all!" ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1231 on: December 04, 2013, 01:34:17 am »
On a unrelated note to broken top loaders:

If you want a new Top 10 NES game, try Bucky O'Hare. I really need to play this one more. I couldn't get Clu Clu Land to work so I popped Bucky in. Damn, this game is good. It's hard as all f-bombs in some spots, but the controls are great and it's just plain fun.   

On another unrelated note:
Donkey Kong on the NES sucks. It's waaaaay easier than the arcade game.  The elevator level isn't in the first playthrough of the arcade.  The conveyor belt level isn't in the NES game at all.

On the final unrelated note:

I loved Bucky 'O Hare as a kid. Played the hell out of it, and I think I actually beat it, IIRC. But I got it back into my collection a year or so back and I did not have the patience for it anymore. It is easily one of the hardest games I have EVER played. That elevator level after you free all your comrades from the toad's ship, oh man, THAT ELEVATOR LEVEL!!! I mean, on Mega Man 2 you at least could use Flash Man's freeze-time power for those damned lasers, but here, there's nothing of the sort to help you!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1232 on: December 04, 2013, 03:19:37 am »

Punctuation Nazi says, "Nope, no semi-colons at all!" ;D

You'll be looking for it now. I use a shit-ton of semi-colons. My high school English teacher still has me scared of run-on sentences.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1233 on: December 04, 2013, 03:23:38 am »

I loved Bucky 'O Hare as a kid. Played the hell out of it, and I think I actually beat it, IIRC. But I got it back into my collection a year or so back and I did not have the patience for it anymore. It is easily one of the hardest games I have EVER played. That elevator level after you free all your comrades from the toad's ship, oh man, THAT ELEVATOR LEVEL!!! I mean, on Mega Man 2 you at least could use Flash Man's freeze-time power for those damned lasers, but here, there's nothing of the sort to help you!

I didn't make it that far tonight. I made it through the green and red planets. I started on blue, but decided to get to bed. I beat the game as a kid, but I don't remember much other than it was hard and the robot could lob shots and hover. I'm going to have fun finishing this one.

A great thing about technology is I didn't have to write down the codes. I can just take a picture with my phone. I love technology!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:25:26 am by turf »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1234 on: December 04, 2013, 05:07:31 pm »
I post a lot here.  I have a lot of one-off things to say.  Nothing important, just random thoughts.

It's supposed to ice/freezing rain/snow here the next few days.  People act like idiots when this happens.  I hate it.  I can't get to work and our power's good about going out.  This sucks.  Winter weather can suck it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1235 on: December 05, 2013, 09:54:53 am »
So...about   DIGIMON ==>

I've never played either Pokemon or Digimon, and was wondering if they were related at all, and if not, what (if any) similarites/differences they share...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #1236 on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:56 am »
So...about   DIGIMON ==>

I've never played either Pokemon or Digimon, and was wondering if they were related at all, and if not, what (if any) similarites/differences they share...

I used to love Digimon when I caught the first few seasons on tv when I was a youth.  I thought it was pretty interesting how the kids grew up and how the Digimon dealt with it.  Lots of feels.  Gotta go back and watch them again.

But yah, to answer your question: Nope, not really related at all except for human kids being friendly with (some) monsters.  And the monsters can "evolve" and such, though the Digimon ones can revert back.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1237 on: December 05, 2013, 07:08:57 pm »
Looks like I'm going to be homebound for the next few days. Expect me to comment on anything, even if I'm talking out of my ass.

desocietas

« Reply #1238 on: December 05, 2013, 07:14:12 pm »
Looks like I'm going to be homebound for the next few days. Expect me to comment on anything, even if I'm talking out of my ass.

snowday?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1239 on: December 05, 2013, 07:19:52 pm »

snowday?

Yep. It hadn't even started raining yet, and The Boy's school already let out and closed tomorrow. They got caught with their pants down last year, so the schools are a little gun-shy about  winter weather.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1240 on: December 06, 2013, 10:58:36 pm »
So much for staying home in the ice.
I got a call shortly after noon from my mom. "I don't want you to worry, but I had to go to the hospital. I was having chest pains. I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm in an ambulance going past your road right now."
Well shit. I go and start thawing my truck out and clean off the windshield. That takes forever, but I head out. It takes about 30 min to drive the 12 miles to town.
Turns out it is "probably" stomach issues causing the burning in her chest. So, they send her home with an appointment with a cardiologist Monday. She's staying here tonight so I didn't have to drive all the way to her house and them back home.

Never a dull moment.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1241 on: December 07, 2013, 11:21:52 am »
So much for staying home in the ice.
I got a call shortly after noon from my mom. "I don't want you to worry, but I had to go to the hospital. I was having chest pains. I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm in an ambulance going past your road right now."
Well shit. I go and start thawing my truck out and clean off the windshield. That takes forever, but I head out. It takes about 30 min to drive the 12 miles to town.
Turns out it is "probably" stomach issues causing the burning in her chest. So, they send her home with an appointment with a cardiologist Monday. She's staying here tonight so I didn't have to drive all the way to her house and them back home.

Never a dull moment.

Sorry to hear about your scare...hope all turns out well for your mom!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1242 on: December 07, 2013, 11:26:37 am »
Oh yeah -

In trying to keep with my trend/habit of usually attempting to have my avatars here reflect the game that I'm currently playing...the game that I'm now currently playing, The Guided Fate Paradox, proved to be the most difficult one to find any (decent) pics for 'Avatar-Material' yet.

Just reminds me of how long it's been since I've started playing a game as soon as it was locally released  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1243 on: December 08, 2013, 01:16:29 pm »
In games like Baldur's Gate and Diablo, you know those ancient dungeons that the undead and random demons and such have taken over? Who the hell built those and why? What exactly was the original purpose of a 10 level underground dungeon complex?

soera

« Reply #1244 on: December 08, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »
Its for awesome massacres! I love huge in-depth dungeons in all the hack and slashers. But for an actual real life use, I couldnt imagine. But then I also dont understand the need for 50 story buildings either.