Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1543647 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1560 on: February 11, 2014, 12:44:43 pm »
Oh good, it's not some super epic demo only magic item.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #1561 on: February 11, 2014, 12:46:20 pm »
That was my concern too when I first heard about it. Especially being that the demo is like 8 hours long or something like that.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1562 on: February 11, 2014, 01:00:31 pm »
Does anyone else here *NOT* ever play Demo's?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #1563 on: February 11, 2014, 01:08:44 pm »

I believe the only demo I've ever played was a demo disc from playstation 1 and that was in the late 90s

90snostalga

« Reply #1564 on: February 11, 2014, 01:12:41 pm »
Well, I just wrote to Nintendo to ask what the hell I should do. I'll try real hard to make this simple:

My parents bought a Wii U at launch. I created an NNID on it, but NNIDs are linked to the console. I moved with my boyfriend, we got our own Wii U, I'm stuck and can't access the games I bought on my parents' console. I called customer support last summer and asked for an NNID transfer, they said there would eventually be an application to make transfers easy in the future. I left it at that.

Now, I really want to play the Bravery Default demo with the bonus stuff, and of course use the Pokébank too, but now it's mandatory to have an NNID on the 3DS to download from the e-shop. I would link my existing NNID, but if I can never access it again on Wii U, it would suck if I had different NNIDs on my 3DS and Wii U. But at the same time, I don't really want to create a new NNID (and hence a new username, ugh...), start over all my Miiverse posts, and never have my games again (virtual console only, but still...).

So I just wrote them all this, asking what I should do now. I really hope they will answer soon, and with an answer that will let me keep my old stuff... Let's see how it goes.  :-\
From what I know, you've done the right thing so far. It sounds like you haven't made a new NNID on your personal Wii U, so that's good. From what I've seen and read, there is a way to transfer NNIDs between two Wii Us. If they haven't created a transfer utility yet, it looks like you can do a system format on the original Wii U and that'll release the NNID from the original, which you can then use on the new Wii U.

As for the 3DS, you can use the same NNID for Wii U and 3DS no problem. I'm sure others can confirm this as well.

For the transfer, you may want to wait to hear back from Nintendo if you don't feel comfortable with the system format.

I'm sorry to hear about that Karyann.  I unfortunately cannot relate because I do not any virtual or digital games.  The only problem I have with my Wii U is I cannot register my Wii U system to get Club Nintendo points because I dont have internet and its too much of a hassle to bring this somewhere else to connect and you have to connect to the net directly from the gamepad to create a Nintendo ID to get points.  I use my laptop to connect to the net buts its not my internet!  :-X 

Please keep us updated on the Nintendo issue because I'm kind of curious to the end resolution

90snostalga

« Reply #1565 on: February 11, 2014, 01:14:00 pm »
Well, I just wrote to Nintendo to ask what the hell I should do.

Did you ask them when Watch Dogs will be released on the Wii U lol? ;)

« Reply #1566 on: February 11, 2014, 01:16:09 pm »

I believe the only demo I've ever played was a demo disc from playstation 1 and that was in the late 90s
I put in a demo disc a few months ago to see the awesome intro to it.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1567 on: February 11, 2014, 01:17:17 pm »
Karyann - I had a friend that had a similar issue happen and they just kept calling and complaining until Nintendo gave them credit on their new account. It wasn't the full amount of what they lost, but they received quite a bit of credit for the Nintendo Store.

This was before Nintendo announced (a week a go or so) that they were going to be implementing a new system to use your Nintendo ID across platforms and make it easier to use. So maybe they have been directed now not to help customers until the new system is rolled out.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

scott

« Reply #1568 on: February 11, 2014, 01:19:26 pm »
I like demos. When I had my PlayStation Magazine subscription, I always popped in the demo disc first and was always excited for it. I played a ton of different  genres and games that I'd never have bought just to check out. That's how I discovered Mister Mosquito and loved it. On the  XBLA, For example, the demo of Bionic Commando: ReArmed is actually really funny, I would have never known that if I hadn't played it first.

Why don't you like demos? Other than "I pretty much know enough about what I'll like & what will be worth buying for myself"? Why not branch out and play a demo or two of something you'd maybe not originally thing was worth buying for yourself?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1569 on: February 11, 2014, 01:35:54 pm »

Nope, no Demo's for me. But like Scott i used to when i bought magazines with demo's on them. but that is a long time ago. And i dont d/l demo's either.

90snostalga

« Reply #1570 on: February 11, 2014, 01:37:58 pm »
I like demos. When I had my PlayStation Magazine subscription, I always popped in the demo disc first and was always excited for it. I played a ton of different  genres and games that I'd never have bought just to check out. That's how I discovered Mister Mosquito and loved it. On the  XBLA, For example, the demo of Bionic Commando: ReArmed is actually really funny, I would have never known that if I hadn't played it first.

Aw.  That video was amazing.  I forgot about the original ps1 start up screen logo and sound because i've been playing my ps1 games on a ps2.  Brings back memories. 

PlayStation Magazine was awesome!   :)  I miss that magazine and the demos.    :'(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1571 on: February 11, 2014, 02:01:25 pm »
Why don't you like demos? Other than "I pretty much know enough about what I'll like & what will be worth buying for myself"? Why not branch out and play a demo or two of something you'd maybe not originally thing was worth buying for yourself?

I've played 'physical' (like PS1 disc) demo's before.

I meant that I just never use the digitally downloaded demos/trials from PSN, etc.

As you know - I'm pretty much limited to what genres I am physically *able* to play, too.

<3 for mr. Mosquito, though  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1572 on: February 11, 2014, 02:03:12 pm »
As you know - I'm pretty much limited to what genres I am physically *able* to play, too.

Oh I know.

bobster

« Reply #1573 on: February 11, 2014, 02:32:15 pm »
Well, I just wrote to Nintendo to ask what the hell I should do. I'll try real hard to make this simple:

My parents bought a Wii U at launch. I created an NNID on it, but NNIDs are linked to the console. I moved with my boyfriend, we got our own Wii U, I'm stuck and can't access the games I bought on my parents' console. I called customer support last summer and asked for an NNID transfer, they said there would eventually be an application to make transfers easy in the future. I left it at that.

Now, I really want to play the Bravery Default demo with the bonus stuff, and of course use the Pokébank too, but now it's mandatory to have an NNID on the 3DS to download from the e-shop. I would link my existing NNID, but if I can never access it again on Wii U, it would suck if I had different NNIDs on my 3DS and Wii U. But at the same time, I don't really want to create a new NNID (and hence a new username, ugh...), start over all my Miiverse posts, and never have my games again (virtual console only, but still...).

So I just wrote them all this, asking what I should do now. I really hope they will answer soon, and with an answer that will let me keep my old stuff... Let's see how it goes.  :-\
From what I know, you've done the right thing so far. It sounds like you haven't made a new NNID on your personal Wii U, so that's good. From what I've seen and read, there is a way to transfer NNIDs between two Wii Us. If they haven't created a transfer utility yet, it looks like you can do a system format on the original Wii U and that'll release the NNID from the original, which you can then use on the new Wii U.

As for the 3DS, you can use the same NNID for Wii U and 3DS no problem. I'm sure others can confirm this as well.

For the transfer, you may want to wait to hear back from Nintendo if you don't feel comfortable with the system format.

I'm sorry to hear about that Karyann.  I unfortunately cannot relate because I do not any virtual or digital games.  The only problem I have with my Wii U is I cannot register my Wii U system to get Club Nintendo points because I dont have internet and its too much of a hassle to bring this somewhere else to connect and you have to connect to the net directly from the gamepad to create a Nintendo ID to get points.  I use my laptop to connect to the net buts its not my internet!  :-X 

Please keep us updated on the Nintendo issue because I'm kind of curious to the end resolution
I may be wrong about registering the Wii U, but club Nintendo and the NNID are separate things. To register my 3DS, I created a club nintendo account on their website, then input the serial number. I would think the process is the same for adding a Wii U. Then you'd get coins for the system!

The reason you can tie a NNID to your club Nintendo account is so when you buy digital games, they automatically register it for you, thus giving you coins. It's true you can only create a NNID through the Wii U or 3DS, but club Nintendo can be done all online.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

« Reply #1574 on: February 11, 2014, 03:35:49 pm »

I may be wrong about registering the Wii U, but club Nintendo and the NNID are separate things. To register my 3DS, I created a club nintendo account on their website, then input the serial number. I would think the process is the same for adding a Wii U. Then you'd get coins for the system!

The reason you can tie a NNID to your club Nintendo account is so when you buy digital games, they automatically register it for you, thus giving you coins. It's true you can only create a NNID through the Wii U or 3DS, but club Nintendo can be done all online.

I'm not sure about a NNID being different as club Nintendo but its different for the Wii U and the 3DS. I emailed them about it and everything and they made it very clear I had to access the net from my gamepad and create some Nintendo ID which I then log in to club nintendo and it registers my 160 points.  It's impossible to do without connecting to the internet via gamepad.