Author Topic: Would You Rather Gamble Your Money Or Donate To A Better Cause? Or?  (Read 5657 times)

Re: Would You Rather Gamble Your Money Or Donate To A Better Cause? Or?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2021, 02:40:05 am »
I usually invest any extra money that I have (I never have much)

Other than that most of my money goes into my many hobbies and/or bills.

same :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2021, 03:07:47 am »
Threads like this is what happens when the Lunatics are allowed to take over the Asylum. (80's reference, FTW)

Coming from the guy with not a single thread worth mention and no contributions to the forums aside from referring to other users as lunatics and a sarcastic cheap shot once every 2 weeks on threads where you look stupid because othes contribute respectfully like adults. You aren't all that and a bag of kettle chips yourself.

Momma always said if you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2021, 03:10:56 am »
As long as we agree that they should recieve the same level of treatment than that's all that matters to me

Definitely :)  Same needs and same human rights. I will never cosign them being mistreated in any way. Merry early christmas Telly.

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2021, 03:24:04 am »
Threads like this is what happens when the Lunatics are allowed to take over the Asylum. (80's reference, FTW)

Wait isn't this the guy that trash talked users battling depression last year during a pandemic? Literally a user claiming they were in a bad place you'd come with pessmism to make their climb just that extra inch higher? I remember reading things days when my skin wasn't as thick and being close to giving up. Don't think I forgot the shell of a man you are in the face of instances where this community seeked a humanly loving route. Isn't this the guy that registered the same year as oldgamerz yet oldgamerz has 10x as much engagement as you? Ouch. Quite frankly it's every post I make now. Which is fine. But not oldgamerz. He can disagree with you but he's a good person. He's been nothing but nice to all of you. And he deserves respect. Not to mention he has made good posts with tons of worthy debates and you haven't. And probably never will.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." -Matthew 7:1. This quote aged well.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 03:28:07 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2021, 05:14:35 am »
I've went back and forth with @wolff242 before on this forum ::) I know because I remember him as a wolf no pun intended, he or she does make rude statements has done so in the past, I disagreed with @wolf242 at least 3 times in the past on this forum, I just ignore this person when wolf starts talking trash, it just reminds me of talking to an actual grumpy old wolf that wants to blow my house down that's all
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 05:16:09 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2021, 08:43:33 am »
I take it someone regretting buying a losing lottery ticket I know I would, I know someone is with me they are just not saying anything,

Or maybe no one agrees with you.

useless paper vs video game or music CD or movie Anything but a lottery ticket, look I've gone past you guys if you could care less about the unfortunate but to stick up for paper is another level.

Money is made out of paper.  Books are made out of paper.  Christmas cards, game manuals, receipts, and dozens and dozens of other things.  There's nothing wrong with being left with nothing but a piece of paper.

Ok so if you were on a deserted island would you rather have a video game to play or stare at a losing lottery ticket?

They're both just as useless on a desert island.

why am I the bad guy?

Because you didn't create the thread in the spirit of discussion, and you are refusing to even consider the other side.

Isn't this the guy that registered the same year as oldgamerz yet oldgamerz has 10x as much engagement as you?

Who cares about engagement, other than you?  These kinds of judgmental topics are exactly the kind of things that keep people away from our community and stops us from growing.

Not to mention he has made good posts with tons of worthy debates and you haven't. And probably never will.

That is debatable.  And I'd rather someone not create a thread rather than create some of the ones I've seen floating around.  Again, because, it's probably keep more people away than creating actual community growth.

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2021, 09:15:10 am »
this forum is crazy
I take it someone regretting buying a losing lottery ticket I know I would, I know someone is with me they are just not saying anything,

useless paper vs video game or music CD or movie Anything but a lottery ticket, look I've gone past you guys if you could care less about the unfortunate but to stick up for paper is another level.

Money is made out of paper.  Books are made out of paper.  Christmas cards, game manuals, receipts, and dozens and dozens of other things. There's nothing wrong with being left with nothing but a piece of paper.

ok that statement is just plain dumb, people sometimes pay $25USD for that sheet of paper. this forum is as bad as that mod the sims forum where EVERY SINGLE post I make gets 4-8 disagrees by people who don't even contribute to the conversation and it's about SIM's for God sake, I must live in a different world than everyone else, either that or everyone thinks I'm a dick in this world who never even met me, Your insults don't phase me people

I have a HUGE following on Facebook and I don't have a sh!tload of comments telling me how much of a dick I am either or stupid shit like this people actually agree with me on social media unlike in these stupid brain dead forums, where literally the ENTIRE mod the sims forum is against me except for the actual contributors

I rather spend $25 on a N64 box that some lottery ticket that just reminded me how much fun I had losing my money and getting dissipointed, People buy? fuck I lost, People buy Fuck I lost,
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:21:52 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2021, 09:37:04 am »
for those who do not know I'm on your side and I'm trying to give you good advice, that you can actually benefit from, I don't care about your habits I am not trying to control you I only am trying to give you some free financial counseling, stop buying lottery tickets, that is the best advice any Financial counselor can give you.

If you win the lottery more power to you, but, stop running your credit cards up to the max because then you need to pay 1000's in interest and then complain you are in debt, enjoy your life, learn to win, what I am telling you is good advice, when I say stop playing the lottery,

Do I benefit from this thread absolutely not but if you just listen to me YOU WILL :-\
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:40:51 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2021, 09:40:02 am »
No one asked for your advice.  You don't know us, you don't know our spending habits.  Like telly, I don't buy lottery tickets.  Get off of your high horse and let people live their lives.

EDIT: If you want to actually discus the pros and cons of spending money on lottery tickets, etc. vs other things, that's fine, but that isn't what you are doing.  You came in with a judgmental attitude that you have only doubled down on.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:47:24 am by Cartagia »

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2021, 09:48:29 am »

Money is made out of paper.  Books are made out of paper.  Christmas cards, game manuals, receipts, and dozens and dozens of other things.  There's nothing wrong with being left with nothing but a piece of paper.

Ok so if you were on a deserted island would you rather have a video game to play or stare at a losing lottery ticket?

They're both just as useless on a desert island.

why am I the bad guy?

Because you didn't create the thread in the spirit of discussion, and you are refusing to even consider the other side.

Isn't this the guy that registered the same year as oldgamerz yet oldgamerz has 10x as much engagement as you?

Who cares about engagement, other than you?  These kinds of judgmental topics are exactly the kind of things that keep people away from our community and stops us from growing.

Not to mention he has made good posts with tons of worthy debates and you haven't. And probably never will.

That is debatable.  And I'd rather someone not create a thread rather than create some of the ones I've seen floating around.  Again, because, it's probably keep more people away than creating actual community growth.

Ive seen plenty of "newbie" badges create an account just to reply to an oldgamerz post. Dozens. His posts that are less controversial garner some of the most replies I've seen. All of which constructive. I have tangibly seen it. But one post you disagree with and now it's lets bully oldgamerz and name call. Disagreeing is fine. "Lunatics" is an attack and has no place here.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 10:16:58 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2021, 09:57:44 am »
No one asked for your advice.  You don't know us, you don't know our spending habits.  Like telly, I don't buy lottery tickets.  Get off of your high horse and let people live their lives.

EDIT: If you want to actually discus the pros and cons of spending money on lottery tickets, etc. vs other things, that's fine, but that isn't what you are doing.  You came in with a judgmental attitude that you have only doubled down on.

I do feel this has all gone terribly sour and I do think all parties involved did have their heart in the right place aside from wolf242. So I do apologize if I said anything out of line. I respect you cartagia and wish you a merry christmas :)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2021, 02:46:42 pm »

Coming from the guy with not a single thread worth mention and no contributions to the forums aside from referring to other users as lunatics and a sarcastic cheap shot once every 2 weeks on threads where you look stupid because othes contribute respectfully like adults. You aren't all that and a bag of kettle chips yourself.

Momma's advice lasted what...20 min?

Wait isn't this the guy that trash talked users battling depression last year during a pandemic? Literally a user claiming they were in a bad place you'd come with pessmism to make their climb just that extra inch higher? I remember reading things days when my skin wasn't as thick and being close to giving up. Don't think I forgot the shell of a man you are in the face of instances where this community seeked a humanly loving route. Isn't this the guy that registered the same year as oldgamerz yet oldgamerz has 10x as much engagement as you? Ouch. Quite frankly it's every post I make now. Which is fine. But not oldgamerz. He can disagree with you but he's a good person. He's been nothing but nice to all of you. And he deserves respect. Not to mention he has made good posts with tons of worthy debates and you haven't. And probably never will.

Haha, OK. Glad to see that thicker skin is working for you. I'm sorry I don't contribute thought provoking pulitzer prize material like yourself....I guess I could make endless threads about what kind of cereal goes best with powdered milk, or what snow cone flavor gets me hot and bothered...however attrition doesn't make one a valuable poster here. I'll give Oldgamerz this- he does make good threads on these forums, but starting threads like this one and then going off on people isn't quality in any way. I'm OK with the guy, even if he thinks of me as an old grumpy wolf, lol. He at least talks about games, gaming, etc.  I don't see any of that from you, just attention seeking fluff.
If I contribute nothing to the boards, I'll have accomplished the same as you using @1k less posts.

If there is a way to block people and not see their threads/posts please steer me that direction. I would enjoy this forum 100% more without seeing your consistent nonsense, and I'm sure you feel the same about me.

Edit: Yes, I realize I can scroll on by, but it's a lot like driving by a car wreck. You don't want to look, but you end up peeking anyway.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 03:09:03 pm by wolff242 »

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2021, 04:55:16 pm »

Momma's advice lasted what...20 min?

He at least talks about games, gaming, etc.  I don't see any of that from you.

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11625.0.html

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11651.0.html

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11542.0.html

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11653.0.html

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11689.0.html

Ooops. Might have dropped something  ::). It's not my fault you have selective memory, ADD or the intelect of an 80s school bully with a ripped varsity jacket on. Maybe bifocles next time. Not to mention the other 980 of my posts that are not in the off topic section of these forum guidelines. What do you suggest goes in off topic? N64 debates? Would you want "hello folks. No fun or harmless banter that clearly never hurts anyone because Wolf will get mad and blow our house down" no. You don't get to say what is up to your bullshit standard of thread quality when you do nothing. You help nothing. You don't do one single secret santa. You don't spark discourse. You don't compliment or lift any user up. You are an insessant wart on the ass of VG collect and it took 5 seconds and a few links to disect the majority of your broken opinion. So refute it. I wanna see you refute the no gaming related posts thing. Not like it matters. I could live in off topic because it's OFF TOPIC. Yes sound it out. OFF TOPIC. Crazy to think about huh? Not Games. But OFF TOPIC. And not to mention I could not post at all and bullying like calling users Lunatics. Mentally ill. Suggesting they need mental help or all the other shit you do is against the forum rules and of any society or community with self respect. And free speech typically isn't.

But this is coming from the "man" who admits he doesn't have the common self control of an 8 year old told not to touch the cookie jar that he willingly breaks the communities guidelines on insulting users just because "iTz LiKe a Twainn wexk". This isn't reddit edgelord. And quite frankly you make yourself look more stupid than any response ever could. People glance right over your dumb microagressions and skip to someone nice like pretty much every other user here.

I know countless of people like you. The guy that thinks "I wish I didn't have to see girl streamers. They just want attention" so instead of scrolling by you put the hate comments on twitch until someone cuts themselves and then you act innocent. "I was joking bro" well guess what wolf. My posts have never and never will harm an individual of this forum. Your comments are hurtful and I have stated so twice. So lose your ego. Stop being a fucking brat and do what is right.

Simply put. Next time you harass me or oldgamerz im just got go to the mods.

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2021, 05:06:15 pm »
I pm'd you wolf242. Aiming to hear eachother out with kindness or at least respect. If that doesn't work fine. But as christmas approaches we all can agree this is no way to be. And this has gone too far.