Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670977 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1695 on: March 01, 2014, 02:17:47 am »
Any mention of vintage game stores makes me wish that the one I went to is a lot closer to my house.  Although...  My money will most likely vanish quickly because of the convenience.  Plus some collectibles, other than games & systems themselves, that I want to have in my collection could be found in that store.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

foxhack

« Reply #1696 on: March 01, 2014, 02:27:08 am »
Well, I did it. I listed most of my PS1 RPGs on eBay. :'( (I won't link to it here. I won't promote it here, since this isn't the place for me to do so.)

And not ten minutes later I got a stupid lowball offer. Sigh. All I want is a new computer...

90snostalga

« Reply #1697 on: March 01, 2014, 03:48:29 am »
Well, I did it. I listed most of my PS1 RPGs on eBay. :'( (I won't link to it here. I won't promote it here, since this isn't the place for me to do so.)

And not ten minutes later I got a stupid lowball offer. Sigh. All I want is a new computer...

Do you have any vintage setups for sale?  I want a Windows 95 or 98 Gaming computer...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1698 on: March 01, 2014, 06:53:55 pm »

Do you have any vintage setups for sale?  I want a Windows 95 or 98 Gaming computer...

I was aiming to build my own gaming PC to play the old DOS and Windows 3 through Windows 98 games on. But between GoG and Steam, I've got a lot of the PC games I wanted to play covered. No longer want it. It's an easier and cheaper option.

« Reply #1699 on: March 01, 2014, 06:55:46 pm »
It's all about the Apple II and Commodore 64

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1700 on: March 01, 2014, 09:17:35 pm »
I should look at more PlayStation RPGs that I still want...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #1701 on: March 02, 2014, 12:55:29 am »
I should look at more PlayStation RPGs that I still want...

Me too.

I have most of the them out of the way, but there are still a decent amount I'm looking for. I have this fear that PS1 games are the next to see a huge spike in price, and given the price of some PS1 games already, if they go up anymore I am either going to have to get really lucky and find them cheap or learn to live without them for a long, long time.

« Reply #1702 on: March 02, 2014, 01:18:15 am »
So I was looking at my "Want List" of all the games I do not own, but wish to own someday. While looking at it, I realized that all but maybe 10 games out of the 250 or so I have on it, were ones that I'd actually go out of my way to obtain, be it Ebay, a game store, or some place else for full price. Part of me was relieved in realizing this, but part of me was also sad. I just feel like I've reached that point were I almost have every video game I've ever really wanted since I began collecting, and there are only a handful left that I'd be bummed if I didn't get some day. I'd love to own the rest of the games on my list, but unless I find them for cheap in the wild, I'm content with not having them for a while.

Was wondering if anyone else has reached this point with their collecting?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1703 on: March 02, 2014, 02:14:50 am »
The only PS1 RPG I still really want is Lunar. I have the all the other ones I want.

I don't have the all the Final Fantasies, but I never was a huge FF fan. And I tend to veer away from the super-cutesty ones.

scott

« Reply #1704 on: March 02, 2014, 12:15:20 pm »
Hey! I just won konami's Blood is Everything Castlevania LOS2 twitter giveaway!

How sweet is that?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1705 on: March 02, 2014, 01:24:47 pm »
Hey! I just won konami's Blood is Everything Castlevania LOS2 twitter giveaway!

How sweet is that?

Pretttttty damned sweet; I'd say  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1706 on: March 02, 2014, 01:41:56 pm »
Ya I was super surprised. :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1707 on: March 02, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »
Ya I was super surprised. :D
Very nice!  How'd you pull that off?

scott

« Reply #1708 on: March 02, 2014, 01:58:58 pm »
They just wanted people to retweet the contest message. So I did. Didn't even really look at the prizes, just saw Castlevania giveaway and hit retweet on a whim.

Getting Steam copies of Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition and Lords of Shadow 2, a T-shirt and a poster. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1709 on: March 02, 2014, 02:12:25 pm »
That's awesome!