Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664234 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6540 on: March 20, 2015, 01:05:26 pm »
It's been a while, but Ramza's Squire abilities are awesome. He learns some unique skills and has the opportunity to learn Ultima.

Does anyone have access to the Samurai yet? They've got some really strong abilities that make groups fall quickly.

I always make sure everyone earns the Teleport ability from the Time Mage class. It makes traveling so much easier.

Truthfully, the possibilities are endless. Even the sillier classes like the Geomancer and the Oracle have their uses. If you really want to break the game, you can have characters become Mathematicians and watch as every enemy on the map collapses after a few turns. I can't recall the specifics, but if you search on a gaming website about it, you'll see how they can break the game. It'd make those random battles end quicker.

Yeah my Summoner has Teleport which is awesome. I already had Ramza master Squire so thats all good. Geomancer was cool when I had someone become that job but ultimately it felt way too underpowered. And as cool as Mathematician is I know it breaks the game so I'm trying to steer clear. No one can become a samurai yet sadly :(

abe

« Reply #6541 on: March 20, 2015, 02:03:18 pm »
To those of you who are familiar with most of the Tales of series, how important is it that I play Tales of Xillia before Tales of Xillia 2? The only reason I ask is because I have 2, but not the original yet. I really want to play it but I don't know if I'd be ruining the first Xillia by playing Xillia 2 first.

I'd say it's very important. The game takes place directly after the first Xillia and you wouldn't...what's the word...appreciate(?) the world, characters and such as much without witnessing the events.

If you want to dive in to Xillia 2 soon, I think you'll be glad to know that Xillia isn't very long. You can set the game to Easy and breeze through at your leisure. I'd say choose to play as Jude. Both stories are basically the same except for a few distinct story events, but Jude's have more impact with the characters.

Also, many of the game play mechanics have been reused in Xillia 2. Since Xillia is easier, it'd be a good way to get introduced to them.

What Kash said. It would be like playing FFX-2 before X, the characters & world would mean nothing to you and the game doesn't try to explain any of it because it assumes you've played the first one. Both are excellent games tho, so you should play them both anyway. :)

I played Final Fantasy X-2 before I played Final Fantasy X. :P Actually, I still haven't played FFX. :o

Thanks for the advice to both of you. :) I'll try to get Tales of Xillia soonish so I can play through them both.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6542 on: March 20, 2015, 03:00:06 pm »
Anyone know what/how much was added, and/or is different between the original HDN game & ReBirth?

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6543 on: March 20, 2015, 03:09:19 pm »
Anyone know what/how much was added, and/or is different between the original HDN game & ReBirth?

The biggest different is (I believe) the battle system. Instead of that hot-mess from the original, they made it play more like HDN Victory. As far as the story is concerned, I'm not too sure. I'm sure they have new story events and such, but nothing that would make it feel like a brand new narrative.

That's just what I've heard. If you played the original, I don't see any reason to play the remake unless you want some more Nep-Nep.

abe

« Reply #6544 on: March 20, 2015, 03:26:04 pm »

Some characters were added in that weren't in the original, like Nepgear and the other CPU candidates. There's DLC characters available as well that weren't in the original. The story hasn't really changed overall, but some how some story events played out were changed along the way. I can't think of much else that Kashell didn't already mention.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6545 on: March 20, 2015, 04:29:58 pm »
Thanks, kash & abe!

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6546 on: March 20, 2015, 06:42:30 pm »
Yeah my Summoner has Teleport which is awesome. I already had Ramza master Squire so thats all good. Geomancer was cool when I had someone become that job but ultimately it felt way too underpowered. And as cool as Mathematician is I know it breaks the game so I'm trying to steer clear. No one can become a samurai yet sadly :(

In my gameplay, I tend to steer clear of the Samurai.  Main reason, maybe a spoiler, is that I collect and keep my weapon stash.  Ninjas Throw weapons but also replenishable throwaways.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6547 on: March 21, 2015, 11:32:39 am »
Finished the 5th chapter & snagged the $9,999,999 trophies in HDN: Noire -

the "funny" thing is that...

...'I have not yet begun to grind',

anywhere even close to the 'serious' & *real* grinding (*Looks at girls, kissing other girls on the cheeks*)

betwwen where I'm at and the plat! :o

I've gotta say, though:

I Am *SO* Loving My Vita Tv   ;D

It's such a joy (for me) to be playing it on the tv & with a DS3; just like I played my other HDN game!

I strongly recommend that, for those others who primarily play J/S/RPGs on their Vitas, to give one a try  ;)

I really don't have any good reason and/or need for a 'regular'' Vita anymore!!

karyann

« Reply #6548 on: March 21, 2015, 11:36:29 am »
So since multiplayer is free this week-end on PS4, I'm trying out Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare which was free a while back... And I'm wondering, why the HECK is is mandatory to be able to play multiplayer to boot the game, while there's an OFFLINE co-op mode in the game?!  >:( That means I can't play offline if I don't pay for online. That's stupid.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6549 on: March 21, 2015, 11:49:49 am »
So since multiplayer is free this week-end on PS4, I'm trying out Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare which was free a while back... And I'm wondering, why the HECK is is mandatory to be able to play multiplayer to boot the game, while there's an OFFLINE co-op mode in the game?!  >:( That means I can't play offline if I don't pay for online. That's stupid.

It is.

It kinda defeats the purpose of the whole "only needing to pay to play online";

IMO, any game that's (meant to or can) be played offline and/or has a single-player campaign/component = you should be able to access, play, and enjoy the *entirety* of the game...minus the online-only parts - which, shouldn't have any bearing or affect (a)/the single-player.

If this is how Sony wants to bill - they need to have two *complete* yet totally *separated & unrelated* offerings/components...1 for those willing to pay to play online & 1 for those who aren't; no blurring the line, damnit, Sony  >:(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6550 on: March 21, 2015, 12:05:24 pm »
Finally my income tax came in, paid off my credit card, which had my black friday, ps4 buy..... now.....what game should I buy as my reward for paying off my credit card :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #6551 on: March 21, 2015, 01:32:21 pm »

It is.

IMO, any game that's (meant to or can) be played offline and/or has a single-player campaign/component = you should be able to access, play, and enjoy the *entirety* of the game...minus the online-only parts - which, shouldn't have any bearing or affect (a)/the single-player.

If this is how Sony wants to bill - they need to have two *complete* yet totally *separated & unrelated* offerings/components...1 for those willing to pay to play online & 1 for those who aren't; no blurring the line, damnit, Sony  >:(

I would point the finger at EA for that one tho, it's not Sony's place to tell EA how to implement multiplayer in their games.

I just wish you could commit to a year of PSN, but pay for it monthly. It's the $50 at once that stings (in my mind, that could have been a game... ;) ).  But $4.17/month is a trip to McD's and wouldn't even be noticed by most ppl. I think they'd have a lot more subscribers too.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6552 on: March 21, 2015, 02:18:36 pm »

It is.

I would point the finger at EA for that one tho, it's not Sony's place to tell EA how to implement multiplayer in their games.

I just wish you could commit to a year of PSN, but pay for it monthly. It's the $50 at once that stings (in my mind, that could have been a game... ;) ).  But $4.17/month is a trip to McD's and wouldn't even be noticed by most ppl. I think they'd have a lot more subscribers too.

I like this idea and think that it would do and be better for both Sony & the subscribers.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6553 on: March 21, 2015, 06:19:21 pm »
Well I'm one battle away from completing chapter 3 for FFT. I was looking at a guide to see what Velius' HP was and holy crap there are so many fights in chapter 4 ... I feel like I'm barely halfway done. Pounded through a lot today though and being a ninja is awesome so yeah.

karyann

« Reply #6554 on: March 21, 2015, 11:11:06 pm »

Yep, EA's my problem here. Actually, I can't really complain, since I got the game for free, but it's still pretty stupid in my opinion.  :-\ Oh well, I swore a while back that EA wouldn't be getting my money again, and they still haven't, so I'm still good  :P