Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1560998 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10425 on: April 11, 2016, 04:09:00 pm »
Who's getting Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for the PS4?

I'm Kinda glad that I kept putting off playing the original now :)

I am! :D

Did you play the original?

Nope. I had been meaning to buy it for a while now, but as soon as the remaster was announced I decided I'd just wait and get that instead.

I'm totally in the same boat. Have the originals of 1 and 2 but never found time to play it. I got the Steam version, too, through Humble Monthly, but am still going to get the remastered version!

Did Valkyria Chronicles 2 make it to Steam?

desocietas

« Reply #10426 on: April 11, 2016, 04:15:36 pm »
Did Valkyria Chronicles 2 make it to Steam?

Nah, just the first one. It did better than Sega projected, so hopefully it'll be released on another platform for folks.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #10427 on: April 11, 2016, 11:13:33 pm »
I don't think tripredacus is allowed to post ever again;)

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10428 on: April 12, 2016, 08:23:22 am »
I don't think tripredacus is allowed to post ever again;)

Haha!

Although, some may be nervous or superstitious about going out with that number of posts.

Unless, of course, you meant that, as an admin, he shouldn't be able to post anymore due to his average of 1 post every 3 days  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10429 on: April 12, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »
Haha, i noticed he had that last night.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #10430 on: April 12, 2016, 02:54:13 pm »
Unless, of course, you meant that, as an admin, he shouldn't be able to post anymore due to his average of 1 post every 3 days  :o

Haha, well, he does plenty of great work, and I realized yesterday that tripredacus and I signed up for the site around the same time! About two months apart :D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #10431 on: April 12, 2016, 08:37:26 pm »
Who charges $5 for Atari cartridges? What is this world coming to?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10432 on: April 13, 2016, 08:05:52 am »

An end.

Obviously.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #10433 on: April 13, 2016, 08:43:43 am »
There are several pawn shops in my area that have minimally 50 Atari carts, and they won't sell them for less than $5, most of them are priced at $10+.

gf78

« Reply #10434 on: April 13, 2016, 09:13:05 am »
There are several pawn shops in my area that have minimally 50 Atari carts, and they won't sell them for less than $5, most of them are priced at $10+.

They are out of their minds.  2600 carts are worth $2.50 each.  Tops.  I would pay $5 for a complete game in the box with manual.  I might be persuaded to pay a bit more if it were a rare game or something very, very specific I needed for my collection.  But on average, $2.50 each is about it.  My local mom & pop shop typically sells 2600 and 5200 games for $2.50 each, or three for $5.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #10435 on: April 13, 2016, 09:29:13 am »

They are out of their minds.  2600 carts are worth $2.50 each.  Tops.  I would pay $5 for a complete game in the box with manual.  I might be persuaded to pay a bit more if it were a rare game or something very, very specific I needed for my collection.  But on average, $2.50 each is about it.  My local mom & pop shop typically sells 2600 and 5200 games for $2.50 each, or three for $5.
Every Atari game in my collection I paid no more than 50 cents a piece, I bought them when the market wasn't as crazy as it is right now, but after the Atari bubble burst.

gf78

« Reply #10436 on: April 13, 2016, 09:51:13 am »

Every Atari game in my collection I paid no more than 50 cents a piece, I bought them when the market wasn't as crazy as it is right now, but after the Atari bubble burst.

At one point around 1996-ish, I remember finding multiple Atari consoles with dozens of games that were just thrown out in the dumpsters around town.  I was staying with a friend in an apartment complex.  I was helping take the trash out and in the dumpster was a box with two consoles and about 40 games in it.  Just for $hits & giggles, we grabbed the box and tried to hook it up.  I'll be damned if the whole thing didn't work like a charm and it looked lightly used at that.  The games were all the classics you would expect.  Frogger, Xaxxon, Pole Position, Space Invaders, Pong, Pac-Man, E.T., Yar's Revenge, Moon Patrol, Empire Strikes Back....it was all the classics.  Just tossed out.  I think my friend still has those systems and games.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #10437 on: April 13, 2016, 10:02:37 am »

Geez even you are paying out the wazoo for what I pay at my store. ALL Atari/colleco/intelivision games are $1 (tax included) unless they are boxed then it is whatever 80-90% of ebay average is. if they marked anything higher then they would never sell unless they were rarer games.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #10438 on: April 13, 2016, 10:57:38 am »

That's what I was thinking. I'd pay, maybe even $3 at the very most. My local store has this huge tub with a lot of uncommons I'd like to get. But $5? No, not for a game that has basically one screen with color swaps. Not happening. But this store has gotten crazy with all of their prices. Had great deals when they first opened, but not anymore. I think all game stores eventually get that way.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:02:50 am by Warmsignal »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10439 on: April 13, 2016, 11:01:20 am »
I saw the most 2600 carts I've ever seen when I went to the flea market 2 weeks ago. I would have bought them if I had the space for a 2600, but I probably won't get one until I'm out of my apartment and into an actual house where I can have a dedicated game room. Everyone was selling them for pretty cheap though. $5 apiece is highway robbery.