Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599815 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14250 on: April 04, 2018, 10:11:06 am »
I'm not a PSP fan, but I'll throw in the Prinny series.

telly

« Reply #14251 on: April 04, 2018, 11:30:49 am »
I have a huge soft spot for Loco Roco, it's a great fun platformer on the console :)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14252 on: April 04, 2018, 12:48:55 pm »
Oh, good call on the SNK Arcade Vol. 0. Loved the console version. Forgot this was released.

desocietas

« Reply #14253 on: April 04, 2018, 02:23:24 pm »
I really liked the Ys games on the PSP. Lots of great RPGs on that system!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14254 on: April 04, 2018, 02:53:44 pm »
Oh, good call on the SNK Arcade Vol. 0. Loved the console version. Forgot this was released.

Okay, so I won't be getting this one, unfortunately. The cheapest ones on eBay are over $150!

kashell

« Reply #14255 on: April 04, 2018, 04:01:34 pm »
Here are some I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Brave Story: New Traveler
Crimson Gem Saga
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Dissidia
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Gitaroo Man Lives
Gods Eater Burst
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Hexyz Force

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14256 on: April 06, 2018, 04:01:03 pm »
Just purged a bunch from my collection since GameStop is doing 70% extra trade credit. (I think it's only California, though, because it's not on their website, and California is excluded from the same as cash deal that is on the website.)

And I kept it just over 1000 on my collection items (1001), so I can still say I have over 1000 items...win!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14257 on: April 06, 2018, 08:48:20 pm »

I got screwed on my PSP, I think. The screen is scratched to hell. But the listing said, "A few imperfections, scratches, and blemishes but overall good condition."

I'd say that's more than "a few" scratches. There's not a spot on the screen that doesn't have a scratch.

The seller was sure to only take pics of it in a way that hid it. And none of them were zoomable.

But since he mentioned "a few" scratches, I'm not sure if I have a case or not. What do you guys think?

Here's the link to the original listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PSP-Black-Slim-Game-System-Console-Bundle-PSP-2001-1-Disk-New-Battery/382427690144?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:49:51 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #14258 on: April 07, 2018, 09:55:54 am »
How does it look when you turn it on? I know my PSPs have a couple of scratches on the screen (nothing like that in the picture - yikes) but during actual game play you can't see them.

If they're still noticeable, I would say return it. It's a hassle with eBay, but your picture compared to the one in the listing is almost like night and day.

sworddude

« Reply #14259 on: April 07, 2018, 06:30:40 pm »

I got screwed on my PSP, I think. The screen is scratched to hell. But the listing said, "A few imperfections, scratches, and blemishes but overall good condition."

I'd say that's more than "a few" scratches. There's not a spot on the screen that doesn't have a scratch.

The seller was sure to only take pics of it in a way that hid it. And none of them were zoomable.

But since he mentioned "a few" scratches, I'm not sure if I have a case or not. What do you guys think?

Here's the link to the original listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PSP-Black-Slim-Game-System-Console-Bundle-PSP-2001-1-Disk-New-Battery/382427690144?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I'm not saying it is awesome thing to have and I would personally list list it differently than that guy But as far as minimum descriptions go it does fit the bill for what you get

It is stated as good condition not to mention I'm pretty sure were talking about some of the deeper scratches what he means by only a few scratches. those light scratches are just the regular wear and tear on the item not really needed to describe light scratches on a used item wich is sold as is. I mean He did state it is not for the picky buyer for the condition.

While the screen might be scratched allot these are light scratches.

In ebay a good condition items is not a collectible item it is used and it has flaws it will not always look to great but it works and it would be good enough if one were to use it. As far as good condition items go It's right on the money.

if you buy a disc based game in good condition it will have allot of scratches but it will work Probably no deep ones but most definitely not a few unless your lucky and people look at a broken case etc for the grade not to mention sellers who always rate lower and never high to prevent dissapointment picky buyers from complaining.

https://www.ebay.com/gds/Proper-condition-grading-of-ANY-item-/10000000016608661/g.html

I quote

Further down the line we start to get into what I call "cautionary" items. I call them this because to a certain degree, items graded in such condition have to start to be "rare" in order for them to maintain any kind of collectible value. This is not to say they are "worthless;" however, they are "worth less" than excellent to brand new items in the same category.

A "good" conditioned item really means an item with a lot of flaws. If someone is describing something as "good" (especially in the comic book world) be cautious! This item will probably have scratches, flaws, tears, chips, and other major problems. Ask the seller for specifics and understand that you may be disappointed with your purchase depending on what category the item is in. I would never buy a coin or a comic book or even a Pez dispenser in good condition. Of course luckily, both coins and comic books can be graded by third party grading companies to ensure the grade. Unfortunately, vintage Pez dispensers cannot.

Very good condition in ebay standards might have filled your bill wich is far from perfect but not in the cautionary just for usage zone like good fair and poor.

Good condition is one of the lower quality standards ends it might just be 5 or 6 out of 10 barely acceptable to most if you just want to use it.

I'm not saying you will not succeed if you want to return the item though. That will depend on the arguments of you the buyer versus the ones of the seller. but seeing his description it might prove to be a bit challenging.

Any information not provided in these details does not warrant a "not as described" claim. Please bid accordingly. Considering his description and that were talking about a used item wich will have wear and tear and is just in an overall good condition it can be expected.

He might be friendly though humans do not bite at least I hope so for your sake ;D Good luck with the claim paypal is a buyers best friend so at least you have that going for you.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:09:01 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14260 on: April 09, 2018, 01:58:01 pm »
I've thought it over after a few days, and honestly, I really don't want to go through the hassle of a return, losing money on return shipping, and then buying another PSP.

Yeah, the scratching is bad. But it's playable. The scratching is noticeable a little, even when on, but only REALLY noticeable when the screen is black or off.

And I can just tell from the way it was listed that the guy is gonna be difficult about a return when he says stuff like, "If you're detail oriented, that doesn't count as "Not as described"". Even though he totally hid it.

I just hate returning on eBay. It sucks that the buyer gets shafted and has to pay return shipping because the seller is shady.

desocietas

« Reply #14261 on: April 09, 2018, 02:13:49 pm »
I've thought it over after a few days, and honestly, I really don't want to go through the hassle of a return, losing money on return shipping, and then buying another PSP.

Yeah, the scratching is bad. But it's playable. The scratching is noticeable a little, even when on, but only REALLY noticeable when the screen is black or off.

And I can just tell from the way it was listed that the guy is gonna be difficult about a return when he says stuff like, "If you're detail oriented, that doesn't count as "Not as described"". Even though he totally hid it.

I just hate returning on eBay. It sucks that the buyer gets shafted and has to pay return shipping because the seller is shady.

Yeah, I hate that you have to deal with that. Like looking at those scratches from time to time and getting a little annoyed. But I agree that the process (and the way that the seller described everything) feels too prohibitive in this situation. Hopefully you'll stumble across another PSP in the future by luck that's in nicer condition...? You never know! It's like how I put off buying a Wii U for a long time and finally a friend just gave me his  ;D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14262 on: April 09, 2018, 02:14:32 pm »
You could reach out to the seller and see if they could give you a partial refund, It is kinda shady of them to try to hid the scratches. its not that hard to take a picture of the scratches on a PSP screen.

desocietas

« Reply #14263 on: April 09, 2018, 02:17:11 pm »
You could reach out to the seller and see if they could give you a partial refund, It is kinda shady of them to try to hid the scratches. its not that hard to take a picture of the scratches on a PSP screen.

Yeah, though it definitely feels like they chose pictures that didn't show any scratches and instead asked the bidders to contact them to either ask for more pictures (which might put the seller off). They took a lot of photos, more than most sellers, so the fact that none of them show the scratches feels like they were hiding it :/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14264 on: April 09, 2018, 02:59:25 pm »
Oh well, that's how it goes buying on eBay, it's a bit of a gamble. At least it works correctly.

But it's not like you can buy these at GameStop or Wal-Mart anymore, either.