Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1568209 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2550 on: June 11, 2014, 09:40:13 pm »
The hard part about Mind Zero is that I'm trying to hold off on playing it until I travel. It's really good so far!

Is it really that good? I've been interested in it, but with all the good games releasing lately I didn't have the money to pick it up on launch day. What would you rate it out of 10? Just your personal opinion, no need to defend your rating. That is, if you don't mind.  :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2551 on: June 12, 2014, 09:06:16 am »
The hard part about Mind Zero is that I'm trying to hold off on playing it until I travel. It's really good so far!

Is it really that good? I've been interested in it, but with all the good games releasing lately I didn't have the money to pick it up on launch day. What would you rate it out of 10? Just your personal opinion, no need to defend your rating. That is, if you don't mind.  :)

I think I'm going to hold off on playing any & all Vita games until I get my Vita/PSTV in the hopes pf playing them on my big screen HDTV!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #2552 on: June 12, 2014, 09:31:33 am »

I think I'm going to hold off on playing any & all Vita games until I get my Vita/PSTV in the hopes pf playing them on my big screen HDTV!
I'm really interested in the PSTV. I don't have a Vita, and I don't have a PS4, but I suspect at some point I'll end up with a PS4 so being able to play Vita games, and also stream a PS4 upstairs sounds pretty amazing. The price sounds reasonable too.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2553 on: June 12, 2014, 09:40:22 am »

I'm really interested in the PSTV. I don't have a Vita, and I don't have a PS4, but I suspect at some point I'll end up with a PS4 so being able to play Vita games, and also stream a PS4 upstairs sounds pretty amazing. The price sounds reasonable too.

$99; wasn't it?

bobster

« Reply #2554 on: June 12, 2014, 09:45:39 am »

$99; wasn't it?
I believe so. I know there was another packages that included a controller(ps4 version?). That was like 130 or something.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #2555 on: June 12, 2014, 11:42:02 am »
For an extra $40 you get a Dual Shock 3, an 8gb memory card & a voucher for a digital download of the Lego Movie Game. 

Wish they had went with a better game, but otherwise not bad. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2556 on: June 12, 2014, 12:03:53 pm »

"Sega: The New Generation"

Really cool Sega ad for the 2nd model Master System and the first model Genesis (Mega Drive for those outside the U.S.). This was an ad in a 1990 Punisher comic (Punisher #43) that really stood out because the ad was glossy magazine-stock paper, while the rest of the comic was regular paper.

This was right as Sega was starting to give Nintendo a run for it's money, but RIGHT before they really hit big with Sonic the Hedgehog.

soera

« Reply #2557 on: June 12, 2014, 12:39:39 pm »
That ad is interesting. The SMS Model II doesnt play the card games nor does it allow use of the 3D glasses. And it wasnt under $60 when released. Lastly, 2 of the games mentioned never made it to the SMS like planned. Pat Riley (although there is a repro now that you can get) and Phantasy star II.

argyle

« Reply #2558 on: June 12, 2014, 12:42:34 pm »
That's really cool - I have some old gaming magazines (EGM, PSM mainly & some early 2000's era Nintendo Power) and it's fun to flip through & look at those old ads.  I sold my collection of Video Game & Computer Entertainment magazines recently, those had some REALLY old 80's ads that were very funny. 

I recently found that my mom had a very early 80's issue of Dynamite packed up in my stuff - it still has an unused iron-on t-shirt transfer that has some retro space invaders-esque graphics & says "In case of alien invasion, give me quarters."  I'm thinking about seeing if it will still transfer to a shirt or if it's just too old.  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2559 on: June 12, 2014, 12:43:05 pm »
"Great new low price of under $60.00"

Sounds like it was a price-drop, not a debut price.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:45:44 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2560 on: June 12, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »
That's really cool - I have some old gaming magazines (EGM, PSM mainly & some early 2000's era Nintendo Power) and it's fun to flip through & look at those old ads.  I sold my collection of Video Game & Computer Entertainment magazines recently, those had some REALLY old 80's ads that were very funny. 

I recently found that my mom had a very early 80's issue of Dynamite packed up in my stuff - it still has an unused iron-on t-shirt transfer that has some retro space invaders-esque graphics & says "In case of alien invasion, give me quarters."  I'm thinking about seeing if it will still transfer to a shirt or if it's just too old.  :P

I love old gaming magazines. It's like a time machine where you can see exactly what was going on in that moment of gaming, and the mentality everyone had.

I have a box full of old gaming magazines, the majority of them being Nintendo Power and Game Informer. But I do have some EGM, GamePro, Offical PSM, and others too. I always pick them up for cheap when I see them, but I'd never pay the prices people are trying to sell them for on eBay most of the time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2561 on: June 12, 2014, 01:18:45 pm »
For an extra $40 you get a Dual Shock 3, an 8gb memory card & a voucher for a digital download of the Lego Movie Game. 

Wish they had went with a better game, but otherwise not bad.

So, for me & you (already having the Vita, controller + memory card(s); really no reason not to just get the one for $99; huh?

What's the release date on this???

argyle

« Reply #2562 on: June 12, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »
Na, not unless you need another controller (and even then, could probably find a cheaper deal on one by itself).  If they had a better game included I'd definitely say go for the bundle. 

I don't think they gave a release date other than "this holiday" or something vague like that. 

90snostalga

« Reply #2563 on: June 12, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »
That ad is interesting. The SMS Model II doesnt play the card games nor does it allow use of the 3D glasses. And it wasnt under $60 when released. Lastly, 2 of the games mentioned never made it to the SMS like planned. Pat Riley (although there is a repro now that you can get) and Phantasy star II.

That's a good point about the card games but on the second column where it mentions Pat Riley and Phantasy Star II, it doesnt specifically say those are coming for the 8 bit system I don't thing.  But thats a good point.  It truly does not play all Master System games.  I wonder if there were any refunds back then because of this

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2564 on: June 12, 2014, 01:54:01 pm »
Do ya'll think it's too late to take advantage of the SPECIAL T-SHIRT OFFER?