Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1516880 times)

scott

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3060 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:02 am »
Haha. I have a lot of movies... I can never pass up the $5 bin at walmart, it's pretty much the only reason I go in there (buy my groceries at a different store). I was never big on renting so I usually buy them up when I get a deal on them. I still need Three Amigos and those Batman movies though. Not to mention, I still have a few VHS tapes I need to upgrade.  :-X
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3061 on: August 01, 2014, 11:27:10 am »
KASH -

It's been too long since I've played it to remember the answers to most of your questions, so I'd say go with whatever Krystal said.  Alternatively, try asking DRACHE ( thedork / meister) on either the RPG's EE board or the Rorona board; she's also very knowledgeable about (and has written FAQs) for, iirc, all of the PS3 Atelier games.

I *DO* remember that making the wig doesn't lock you into or out of the other endings.

How are you liking it?

I just finished Escha's play through & I'm getting ready to start Logy's...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3062 on: August 01, 2014, 01:10:56 pm »
KASH -

It's been too long since I've played it to remember the answers to most of your questions, so I'd say go with whatever Krystal said.  Alternatively, try asking DRACHE ( thedork / meister) on either the RPG's EE board or the Rorona board; she's also very knowledgeable about (and has written FAQs) for, iirc, all of the PS3 Atelier games.

I *DO* remember that making the wig doesn't lock you into or out of the other endings.

How are you liking it?

I just finished Escha's play through & I'm getting ready to start Logy's...

It's actually a lot better than the last few times I played. Maybe it's because I know how to manage my time, or maybe it's because I made some good bombs. Either way, I think I'm doing pretty well as of now. I have everyone's friendship at 100 so I can FINALLY just focus on getting my levels up.

90snostalga

« Reply #3063 on: August 01, 2014, 01:27:42 pm »
Yay! I just played Smash Bros. For 30 minutes last night, and unlocked jigglypuff only to wake up this morning and realize my copy doesn't save  :(  got to invest in that Nintendo security bit.

foxhack

« Reply #3064 on: August 01, 2014, 02:03:53 pm »
Haha. I have a lot of movies... I can never pass up the $5 bin at walmart, it's pretty much the only reason I go in there (buy my groceries at a different store). I was never big on renting so I usually buy them up when I get a deal on them. I still need Three Amigos and those Batman movies though. Not to mention, I still have a few VHS tapes I need to upgrade.  :-X

I wish I had a car... I had to pass up a bunch of Mexican movies on VHS today because I wasn't sure if Mexican customs would let me bring them into Mexico. They're cheap, probably illegal / unlicensed movie three packs, I love those because the movies are so damn bad.

So to make up for that I bought a Santo movie on DVD at the dollar store. Eh.

I'm gonna go watch Guardians of the Galaxy in a few hours, yay.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3065 on: August 01, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »
It's actually a lot better than the last few times I played. Maybe it's because I know how to manage my time, or maybe it's because I made some good bombs. Either way, I think I'm doing pretty well as of now. I have everyone's friendship at 100 so I can FINALLY just focus on getting my levels up.

It sounds like you're doing just fine  ;D

Understanding the time management, having 1HKO bombs, knowing the flags, and saving smartly makes ALL the difference & makes it, IMO, a very manageable platinum.

I think that one of the differences that I'm looking forward to the most when I get around to playing RoRo+ is...

...Astrid as a playable character  8)

kashell

« Reply #3066 on: August 01, 2014, 06:33:22 pm »

Understanding the time management, having 1HKO bombs, knowing the flags, and saving smartly makes ALL the difference & makes it, IMO, a very manageable platinum.

I think that one of the differences that I'm looking forward to the most when I get around to playing RoRo+ is...

Yes! Astrid better be as broken as I picture her to be. XD As an update, I'm now traveling through the Orthalohexon and trying to find the recepies I'm missing. Once I have those, I plan on making everything I can.

BTW, how are you liking Escha and Logy?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3067 on: August 01, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »
Don't you hate it when you know your right about something, but mob-mentality rules out?  >:(

It's nothing serious, I'm arguing about video games, on a comic book site. Mob mentality says that video games weren't popular until the 90s when PlayStation came out, because of course they and their friends didn't have a system until PS came out.

I'm throwing all these facts out there to support the fact that video games were popular in the 80s too; like SMB selling 40 million copies, Space Invaders causing a coin-shortage in Japan, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Mario all getting cartoons. Mario being revealed as more recognizable to American children than Mickey Mouse in national survey which caused headlines.

But no, none of that matters, because they and their friends didn't have a console until they got a PS!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:12:27 pm by burningdoom »

90snostalga

« Reply #3068 on: August 01, 2014, 09:10:42 pm »
Don't you hate it when you know your right about something, but mob-mentality rules out?  >:(

It's nothing serious, I'm arguing about video games, on a comic book site. Mob mentality says that video games were popular until the 90s when PlayStation came out, because of course they and their friends didn't have a system until PS came out.

I'm throwing all these facts out there to support the fact that video games were popular in the 80s too; like SMB selling 40 million copies, Space Invaders causing a coin-shortage in Japan, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Mario all getting cartoons. Mario being revealed as more recognizable to American children than Mickey Mouse in national survey which caused headlines.

But no, none of that matters, because they and their friends didn't have a console until they got a PS!

I understand your frustration.  I know when I was a kid, me and most ny friends had a regular Nintendo, a super Nintendo, and\or a Genesis. Way before that grey Sony box.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:14:06 pm by 90snostalga »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3069 on: August 01, 2014, 10:53:01 pm »
http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/31/beyond-good-evil-2-is-finally-happening/

Almost made my day if only they could have released more info

abe

« Reply #3070 on: August 01, 2014, 11:17:30 pm »
http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/31/beyond-good-evil-2-is-finally-happening/

Almost made my day if only they could have released more info

Awesome news. I've only played a demo of the HD version of the original, but I loved what I did play. This is good motivation to finally get a copy and play through it, even if it'll be probably a while before BG&E 2 gets released.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3071 on: August 02, 2014, 08:05:03 am »

Yes! Astrid better be as broken as I picture her to be. XD As an update, I'm now traveling through the Orthalohexon and trying to find the recepies I'm missing. Once I have those, I plan on making everything I can.

BTW, how are you liking Escha and Logy?

I think that I've already mentioned that Escha + Logy is my least favorite of the PS3 Atelier games.

That doesn't make it a "bad" game though...just every series (even of good things) *must* have a 'best' (read: favorite) & a worst (read: least favorite).

For me, what I dislike the most & what differentiates it the most is the 2 protagonist thing.

Now, I think that this could have been used in a way that I liked -but- when both stories are >95% identical - it makes me wish that I was playing a more epic & focused 1- character game like the rest of them.

Also, having character specific trophies (including an ending trophy for each of them) pretty much forces you to do & see everything twice...maybe w/ a few lines of dialogue changed if you want the platinum  >:(

abe

« Reply #3072 on: August 02, 2014, 01:43:40 pm »
Does anyone here know of any websites that you can use to see what inserts game with which games? Say, for example, you want to know if a game came with more than just an instruction manual, or if it came with two manuals in a couple languages. It would be a huge help if somebody could point me in the right direction. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #3073 on: August 02, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »
I'll have to keep all of that in mind when I start Escha and Logy. I think I'm more excited about Shallie and getting around to playing Rorona Plus.

As an update, I got Astrid's ending which was apparently the hardest one to get. I was also able to earn the trophies for completing the item encyclopedia and the monster encyclopedia. Now, I'm trying to make it so my alchemy level and Hom level reach 50.

90snostalga

« Reply #3074 on: August 02, 2014, 02:19:48 pm »
Anyone recommend a link for the Nintendo and Sega drivers to open up Nintendo games and Sega? Also what about Game Boy Advance games ? And anywhere to get these screwdrivers locally?