Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 82944 times)

desocietas

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2011, 12:09:46 am »
Somehow @jobocan's mention of jjgames.com got me looking at their site (never heard of them before), which in turn made me look up some PS1 games that were given to me (a friend gave me some of her brother's old games after my PS1 and games were stolen) that I had yet to catalog.  I didn't think of them much when they were given to me because they weren't my sort of games, but I realize now that Bust-a-Groove 2's got some collectability to it after all...  :) A pleasant find indeed!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2011, 08:20:03 am »
Little Mermaid is surprising good.  I remember going up to a friends cabin for a birthday party when I was about 10 years old and it was the only game they had there lol.

My cousin had it, I think I borrowed it a bunch of times. It is a pretty good game, I've been looking for a decently priced copy of it too, ha.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #212 on: October 20, 2011, 01:27:50 pm »
I picked up the guide for FF 1&2: Dawn of Souls on the GBA and the box/all inserts, paperwork, plastic etc for the Pod Racer LE N64 package. I paid $8 for the guide and got the box, etc for free. I have an extra 64 and copy of Pod Racer so I suppose that's complete now.

amauriel

« Reply #213 on: October 20, 2011, 10:44:36 pm »
Little Mermaid for the NES was the first game I bought with MY money, and didn't just get as a gift. So I have very strong memories of that game, glad to hear people actually like it!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2011, 06:19:28 pm »
I just received Teleroboxer on Virtual Boy. I kinda ordered it by error, but it was probably the best price I found for it online anyways.

Actually, by coincidence, I just got ANOTHER game involving boxing robots, Real Steel on PSN. Haven't seen the movie, don't really plan to, but the game is actually pretty good. It's a lot like Fight Night in regards to the gameplay mechanics (somewhat close to Round 4 I'd say, but with simpler controls and less depth), with more customization for your fighter (you can mix and match any parts you want for head, arms, fists, body, legs, and a couple more). The battles aren't mindless button-mashing and are generally fun. Very solid for a 10$ game.

urbanchaos

« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2011, 12:16:49 am »
Just received this one in the mail this morning:

- Kirby's Adventures (cartridge only)

I was finally able to snatch a very decently priced loose cartridge or this one. So now, I can have it proudly displayed factory sealed AND play it as well!

scott

« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2011, 02:41:27 pm »
Just picked up The Adventures of Bayou BIlly for NES and Pokemon Snap for N64. I've never played Pokemon Snap before so I'm excited to give it a go. Bayou Billy on the other hand was one of my original NES games and I snagged it thanks to nostalgia. :)

forte

« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2011, 02:44:34 pm »
@scott , my Pokemon Snap is sealed, so I've never played it! I just picked up a few sealed Mega Man Battle Network games, 3 White and 4 Red Sun. Also got a PAL A Mega Man 1 NES CIB

scott

« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2011, 03:44:52 pm »
@forte I may have a Battle Network box w/ book and insert somewhere.

amauriel

« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2011, 04:42:56 pm »
Finally have something fun to put here! Yesterday my hubby and I were discussing Arkham City...I surprised him by saying I sorta wanted it. We've never played Arkham Asylum, so instead of the $60 game we headed to our local used game shop to get the old one.

Dropped $200 (I know) but we ended up with:

- Arkham Asylum (360)
 - A PSOne (we had gotten a screen a while back so needed the system for it)
 - The Pokemon Game Boy Color
 - The Gold/Silver Pikachu/Pichu Game Boy Color
 - and (drumroll please) the COMPLETE (minus the box) Ace Combat 6 set with the joystick (360) (game isn't pictured in this but it was there)

So now I need the Dandelion GB Color and the Tommy Hilfiger one and I'll have all the mass released GB Color variations...and my hubby has something to put beside Steel Battalion.

scott

« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2011, 05:07:50 pm »
@amauriel The Ace Combat 6 sticks are so cool. Also, I believe I saw a Tommy Hilfiger GB Color at one of my local shops... I'll have to look again.

amauriel

« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »
@scott: Thanks, let me know. I haven't been looking for that one for TOO long, so I'm still not willing to drop eBay prices or anything...although it seems the more game boys I get the more I'm willing to drop to get new ones... :-P

madmax

« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2011, 10:48:45 am »
I just ordered FF on famicom :D

I also got credited money from some online mistake. Enough to get the premium package. I just need to find a good deal now.

urbanchaos

« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2011, 10:09:28 am »
Finally just snagged a copy of Conker Bad Fur Day on eBay

Can't wait to receive this one in the mail :D

scott

« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2011, 01:49:00 pm »
@urbanchaos Congrats! Bad Fur Day is excellent. Gregg the Grim Reaper  could possibly be one of my all time favorite characters.