Author Topic: Recently Finished  (Read 19737 times)

foxhack

Re: Recently Finished
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 07:22:54 pm »
Since so many people on my friends list were playing Borderlands 2... I decided to go and finish the last bits of Claptrap's Robot Revolution. Annoying, but I beat it on my own.

Now to go against Clawmerax.

Alone.

jcalder8

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 09:04:09 pm »
My wife and I just finished Lego Batman 2. We got it to 1000/1000 on the 360.

Now we have begun Lego Pirates.

foxhack

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 09:20:41 pm »
My wife and I just finished Lego Batman 2. We got it to 1000/1000 on the 360.

Now we have begun Lego Pirates.
Mega Bloks: The Game?

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 07:43:06 am »
Finished Samurai Spirits RPG today. If anyone else is planning one playing it I highly recommend cheating like it's going out of fashion - the encounter rate is awful and the bosses are pretty cheap and far more powerful than the grunts you face every five bloody steps. There's a decent-enough RPG hidden away in there, but there's no way in hell I could have stomached playing it properly :/

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2012, 10:13:20 am »
I was curious about Condemned 2 on the Ps3, too...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 10:54:15 am »
I  got condemned from gohastings for three or four bucks, and it was well worth it.

foxhack

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 12:02:07 pm »
the bosses are pretty cheap and far more powerful than the grunts you face every five bloody steps.
Uh. This IS an SNK game. It comes with the territory!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 12:02:23 pm »
I forget *exactly* what I paid for it, but I'm pretty sure it was ~$5.00

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 12:19:42 pm »
the bosses are pretty cheap and far more powerful than the grunts you face every five bloody steps.
Uh. This IS an SNK game. It comes with the territory!

Of course! :D

It's even worse here though (yep, I really did just say that!) - I'd literally be doing damage in the thousands to the regular enemies before the boss, then on the boss themselves you'd consider yourself lucky if you did anything over 100 :/ Asura Zanmaden's Yuga may continue to mock my puny mortal skills, but even on a bad day it doesn't take me 20 hours just to reach him.

soera

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 12:42:29 pm »
By the time the day is over, I will have completed yet one more Mario game. Super Mario Wii. I have also 100% coin completion so far too. One last level.

pacpix

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2012, 10:08:09 am »
Just finished Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone on Gamecube.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tpugmire

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2012, 12:11:09 pm »
I finally got around to beating Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.  The end boss fights seemed to take forever.  Sort of a Lord if the Rings type ending.  After the third boss battle, I said to myself "Surely THIS is the end."  Nope, kept going.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

upondoom

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2012, 07:48:45 pm »
The last game I finished was a couple of weeks ago. Demon's Souls, jeez that game is so god tier. There's a boss in that game that !!!! SPOILER ALERT !!!!! literally kills herself because you killed her guard, her soulmate[/spoiler] so many feels were had. This game never really had that much love, especially compared to Dark Souls, which everyone and their mother is talking about because it's "really hard, bro!!!". It also got a lot more love because it was released on 360/PS3/PC, while Demon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive. I honestly think Demon's Souls was the better game, it goes for an overworld system rather than being open world like DaS is. There are a LOT more beginner's traps in Dark Souls, which can be very annoying, which may cause people to blame it for having "artificial difficulty". For those who are not aware of the Souls series, It is essentially a JRPG in a western setting that truly challenges the gamer, unlike newer games this generation who hold the players hand throughout the game.

I didn't mean for a review of the game, just wanted to share some info about it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:31:32 pm by upondoom »

I play da video games and listen to da metalz.

Last.fm

pacpix

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 08:04:52 pm »
I finally got around to beating Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.  The end boss fights seemed to take forever.  Sort of a Lord if the Rings type ending.  After the third boss battle, I said to myself "Surely THIS is the end."  Nope, kept going.

I had the hardest time getting that stupid music flute thing to work at the end! The boss was pretty cool though.  I can't really say I enjoyed the DS Zelda games much... 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 08:41:14 am »
The last game I finished was a couple of weeks ago. Demon's Souls.  This game never really had that much love, especially compared to Dark Souls

Are you kidding me?!

Not only did Demon's Souls get much more "love", but (if you read/researched it a bit), you'd see that many players & reviewers of Dark Souls consider Demon's Souls the better of the 2 games & bemoan the mis-steps, and "steps-down", the exploits, and the *much* lower quality of the multi-player/invasion aspects of the 2nd game.

Don't get me wrong - neither one is a bad game, but to make a totally unfounded comment like that is just ridiculous  ;)