Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1545375 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14595 on: October 18, 2018, 04:01:28 pm »
May want to contact the post office

I did, and they confirmed it was delivered wrong two streets over, and did shit about it.

But I thought that's what the eBay Money Back Guarantee was for, when shit just goes wrong like this.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14596 on: October 18, 2018, 04:39:56 pm »
May want to contact the post office

I did, and they confirmed it was delivered wrong two streets over, and did shit about it.

But I thought that's what the eBay Money Back Guarantee was for, when shit just goes wrong like this.

Well, it's all good now after calling eBay and raising a little hell.

sworddude

« Reply #14597 on: October 18, 2018, 05:00:09 pm »
I just got screwed on eBay.

I bought a game. Game never arrived. Tracking says it did. So I message the seller. Doesn't respond for a full week. So I escalate it to a return, figuring he'd continue ignoring me and eBay's Money Back Guarantee would cover me.

Well today, on the last day he could possibly respond before I'm able to ask eBay to step in, he responds by simply re-submitting the same tracking number. eBay rules in his favor, I'm denied a refund from either the seller or eBay.

And now I'm out money with no game. Shitty. Even though I have 100% feedback with years and years of experience buying and selling on there. WTF?! eBay Money Back-Guarantee my ass! >:(

It's pretty bad luck if your speaking the truth but It's a good thing that paypal agrees with the buyer in this case since otherwise everyone could say that a package has not arrived even if a tracking code says that it has been delivered gaining a free item all the time it would be abused big time. A tracking code is the only thing a seller can give as prove that an item has been shipped so if you would take that away It's pretty unfair.

If paypal does not agree with the seller if a tracking code proves that it has been delivered I'm pretty sure every seller will quit using ebay, not to mention that paypal for sellers is already bad enough as it is espeially with popular items wich are not send with a tracking code in wich case the buyers gains a free item while the seller loses the item, shipping costs and the price of the item by lying that they have not received the item.

It's very rare for an item to get truly lost in transit in my experience tracking code or not.

As far as sellers and paypal goes a tracking code wich shows that an item has been delivered as prove is usually paypal siding with the seller so that's pretty normal really but than again this is pretty logical since an error by the post office is a very unlikely when they say that an item has been delivered.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:27:30 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14598 on: October 18, 2018, 06:46:58 pm »
If I'm telling the truth? Very rare it happens? Very unlikely the post office made a mistake?

Are you calling me a liar?

sworddude

« Reply #14599 on: October 18, 2018, 07:00:31 pm »
If I'm telling the truth? Very rare it happens? Very unlikely the post office made a mistake?

Are you calling me a liar?

no I'm just saying why paypal would side with the seller when they have a tracking code that proves that an item has been delivered.

However according to paypal they will have to believe the post office and not the buyer since otherwise there will be many loop holes and ebay would be a mess i highly doubt many sellers would still sell on ebay if scamming would be that easy.

Mistakes rarely happen if they say that an item has been delivered not to mention that the postage company is a third party neutral to both sides wich means no interferance from both the seller or the buyer. It's a neutral party wich has nothing to gain or to lose unlike the seller or a buyer wich might say things that aren't true to gain an advantage.

Even for very expensive items with insured shipping it would be pretty easy to say that an item has not been delivered. If paypal would actually side with the buyer insurance would not cover the loss since the item has been delivered. You would be kinda screwed as a seller and it would be an absolute buyers paradise gaining free expensive items withouth having to pay for them. Basicly stealing but in a legit way since an item would be supposedly lost.

Not only amateur sellers but also proffesional stores would pretty much go broke if that were the case it would be abused big time.

It's pretty understandable why paypal would side with the seller if they have a tracking code that confirms a delivery.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:10:18 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14600 on: October 18, 2018, 07:42:29 pm »
The eBay Money Back Guarantee specifically lists items that weren't delivered as one of things it's used for.

And after calling them directly, they did refund me.

Besides, my account has well over a decade of experience buying and selling, with 100% feedback. Wouldn't make much sense for me to screw people over with that account. I'm sure that came into play, here.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:26:49 am by burningdoom »

telly

« Reply #14601 on: October 18, 2018, 10:29:45 pm »
Yeah I'm sure ebay has some sort of algorithm that takes a buyer's feedback and number of complaints submitted into consideration when deciding to issue refunds.

Thankfully I haven't had a problem with items not showing up though
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #14602 on: October 19, 2018, 01:47:11 am »
I had a similar issue a while back with a copy of Paper Mario (speaking of which I just realized I never added it to my collection) i ordered on ebay. Tracking said it was delivered but I never received it. I contacted the post office and they actually checked the GPS data which showed that the package was delivered to the wrong house, they reached out to the driver and the driver "swore he delivered it to the correct address" Anyway since they had the GPS data proving it was mis-delivered they told me to open a case with some department that investigates missing packages. I didnt have time to call right then so i was planning on doing it later, but the next day the package was at my front door, completely open. I'm guessing that the person who received it opened it by mistake and realized that it wasnt theirs, im just lucky they decided to be nice and bring it back to me. 

desocietas

« Reply #14603 on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:52 pm »
I had a similar issue a while back with a copy of Paper Mario (speaking of which I just realized I never added it to my collection) i ordered on ebay. Tracking said it was delivered but I never received it. I contacted the post office and they actually checked the GPS data which showed that the package was delivered to the wrong house, they reached out to the driver and the driver "swore he delivered it to the correct address" Anyway since they had the GPS data proving it was mis-delivered they told me to open a case with some department that investigates missing packages. I didnt have time to call right then so i was planning on doing it later, but the next day the package was at my front door, completely open. I'm guessing that the person who received it opened it by mistake and realized that it wasnt theirs, im just lucky they decided to be nice and bring it back to me.

Thank goodness for good neighbors.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kevininja

« Reply #14604 on: October 19, 2018, 03:38:28 pm »
I'm still not convinced that it isn't a scam.
Yeah, this is definitely too good to come true.

« Reply #14605 on: October 19, 2018, 06:31:42 pm »
Damnit I missed the Dragons Lair limited run drop. Anyone happen to pick up an extra copy they don’t want?

soera

« Reply #14606 on: October 19, 2018, 06:39:20 pm »
The bundle is still there ...

desocietas

« Reply #14607 on: October 19, 2018, 06:41:11 pm »
Damnit I missed the Dragons Lair limited run drop. Anyone happen to pick up an extra copy they don’t want?

Nah, I skipped on it. You can get on the waiting list or get a CE version of it still.

You might have to check back on the waiting listing if the item isn't listed there yet or contact their support desk directly.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14608 on: October 20, 2018, 12:30:35 pm »

Yea I did see that but I wasn’t looking to spend that much. Still debating the collectors edition. I might just play my cards and hope it was all scalers and the demand wasn’t really there. Sometimes when that happens they all end up on eBay and the price drops real quick.

telly

« Reply #14609 on: October 20, 2018, 12:43:54 pm »

Yea I did see that but I wasn’t looking to spend that much. Still debating the collectors edition. I might just play my cards and hope it was all scalers and the demand wasn’t really there. Sometimes when that happens they all end up on eBay and the price drops real quick.

Sometimes they have a blowout sale with extra stock of previous releases around Thanksgiving. I got my copy of Shantae that way so there's still hope! :)
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery