Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542501 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5625 on: January 16, 2015, 01:21:57 pm »
I love going to wal-mart because whenever you're having a down day, just go to wal-mart and be thankful you're not some of those people you see :p

I would probably snap on someone if I did that. People are just so freaking rude and oblivious at Wal-Mart and there are so many of them. That's why I hate going there.

kashell

« Reply #5626 on: January 16, 2015, 04:06:17 pm »
This day is simply refuses to end. Heck, this week has been refusing to end. @_@

Warmsignal

« Reply #5627 on: January 16, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »
This day is simply refuses to end. Heck, this week has been refusing to end. @_@

Hopefully I'll get my car back by next week. The stupid thing didn't pass state inspection last week due to rust corrosion in about 50 spots. Gotta love being a car owner in the salt belt.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5628 on: January 16, 2015, 11:12:33 pm »
Went to Best Buy today to spend some of my gift card I got for christmas and to buy some cheap earbuds since my dog habitually eats mine whenever she gets the chance. Ended up finding a gamecube adapter (the last one!) so that was nice.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5629 on: January 17, 2015, 10:06:14 am »
 ;D

My Tears to Tiara imported LE arrived yesterday!

It'll probably be awhile before I actually *play* it but, Dayum!  Seems like JP LE's get more & more interesting + original swag in their LE's than we do here in NA :'(

Anyone know how the JP rating system works?

I noticed as I was adding it, that almost (or was it all) of them were "Cero" something or other.

Whatever, if you like that kind of stuff - I've added it to the database already (check out the pics to see some sweet, Non-NA-approved swag)!

Also, if ya' know what its rating translates to in English - let me know...I'm pretty sure there was an H-game version (and, no.  I didn't want it & it doesn't look like that's the one that I got) 8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #5630 on: January 17, 2015, 10:15:13 am »
Anyone know how the JP rating system works?

I noticed as I was adding it, that almost (or was it all) of them were "Cero" something or other.

CERO is the rating system's name. The rating itself is the letter. Basically the higher the letter the uh, higher the rating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Entertainment_Rating_Organization

What game is this, by the way? Tears to Tiara 1 has a B rating (around an ESRB T) while II has a C (between an ESRB T and an ESRB M)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:18:03 am by foxhack »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5631 on: January 17, 2015, 10:25:33 am »
What game is this, by the way? Tears to Tiara 1 has a B rating (around an ESRB T) while II has a C (between an ESRB T and an ESRB M)

http://vgcollect.com/item/20591

It's this one, Fox.

Seems like I either added a dupe or was the only one to list it as an LE...if so, could ya let me know what I did right/wrong and - I guess, merge & keep the best entry?

I can't find my entry to link to so, the above link is to a non-LE listing of the game w/ less pics & info than mine ;)

EDIT

Mine is listed as Zero C.

Not sure about tears to tiara 2 though , because - it only got a "T" rating here; unless a lot was cut from it?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:27:32 am by disgaeniac »

abe

« Reply #5632 on: January 17, 2015, 11:34:30 am »

Not sure about tears to tiara 2 though , because - it only got a "T" rating here; unless a lot was cut from it?

I don't think anything was cut from it. Sometimes games just get rated higher for certain things in Japan than over here. For example, most of the Oneechanbara series in Japan (called Onechanbara over here for some reason) gets CERO - Z ratings which means it's rated 18+ (kinda like the rarely-used AO ESRB rating). Of the games in the series that have been localized to North America, they've gotten M ESRB ratings (17+). The difference in age ratings for different regions is usually just because of the system itself and not really the game's content in different versions.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #5633 on: January 17, 2015, 12:13:22 pm »
ttp://vgcollect.com/item/20591

It's this one, Fox.

Seems like I either added a dupe or was the only one to list it as an LE...if so, could ya let me know what I did right/wrong and - I guess, merge & keep the best entry?

I can't find my entry to link to so, the above link is to a non-LE listing of the game w/ less pics & info than mine ;)

EDIT

You added it as PS3 (PSN). :P

http://vgcollect.com/item/75681

The B rating is like a "low" T for us and it can be added to an otherwise inoffensive game because it may contain suggestive stuff. C may have a bit more suggestive stuff, alcohol / drug use (by minors), or more sexual (but not blatantly sexual) content.

Erotic games automagically get a Z rating - if they even bother to get one. Not many do.

Edit: Er, are you sure you added the right cover? The one you added isn't for a limited edition - it's just a budget re-release of the game. This is the actual LE.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:19:35 pm by foxhack »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5634 on: January 17, 2015, 12:32:27 pm »
Fox -

My bad, I could of sworn that I added it to "PS3 JP" :-[

The "actual LE" link of yours is exactly the item I have & wanted to add.

What do you think - can you salvage my submission?

My item #, barcode, description & pics all match up w/ the ones in your link...

*EDIT*

The pics of the front & back of the game & LE look to be the same, I think, so...maybe all that's needed is a change from digital to physical to make everything right?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:37:22 pm by disgaeniac »

foxhack

« Reply #5635 on: January 17, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »
Fox -

My bad, I could of sworn that I added it to "PS3 JP" :-[

The "actual LE" link of yours is exactly the item I have & wanted to add.

What do you think - can you salvage my submission?

My item #, barcode, description & pics all match up w/ the ones in your link...

*EDIT*

The pics of the front & back of the game & LE look to be the same, I think, so...maybe all that's needed is a change from digital to physical to make everything right?

The images in your initial submission don't match the ones from my link. The back cover is different. Look closer, man. O_o

And Japanese publishers have a habit of reusing JAN codes anyhoo so this sharing the same JAN as the LE and other releases isn't unusual.

kashell

« Reply #5636 on: January 18, 2015, 11:01:38 am »
While the dustloop forums are usually pretty toxic, I seemed to have found a diamond in the rough. Yesterday, I attended a small (about 10 to 12) gathering of gamers at someone's house and had a marvelous time. I made new friends, new connections and played a ton of Guilty Gear. The best part was that everyone was super kind and warm. I had no idea that Middle Tennessee had such a "scene" but I am surprised once again.

The coolest part is that they all seemed to love the fact that I dressed up as Venom for Dragon Con a couple of years ago. So, yes, today was a great day and I'm so excited with the start 2015.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5637 on: January 18, 2015, 12:00:05 pm »
While the dustloop forums are usually pretty toxic, I seemed to have found a diamond in the rough. Yesterday, I attended a small (about 10 to 12) gathering of gamers at someone's house and had a marvelous time. I made new friends, new connections and played a ton of Guilty Gear. The best part was that everyone was super kind and warm. I had no idea that Middle Tennessee had such a "scene" but I am surprised once again.

The coolest part is that they all seemed to love the fact that I dressed up as Venom for Dragon Con a couple of years ago. So, yes, today was a great day and I'm so excited with the start 2015.

Nice, kash!

Restorations (especially unexpected & surprise ones) in humanity are always good! ;)

Did you knock out that E+L platinum? :o

kashell

« Reply #5638 on: January 18, 2015, 06:08:19 pm »
Not yet. A little over half way done with Logy's file.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5639 on: January 18, 2015, 06:43:19 pm »
So uh... fighterpilot may actually be dead after that game... holy shit...