Author Topic: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?  (Read 17154 times)

Re: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »
If over 50% of your games come from gamestop, you can not consider yourself a gamer.
The Xbox 360 is a huge pile of crap.  Microsoft needs to stick to computer stuff and get the hell out of the console gaming business.

Ummm, no.

1) Most of my PS2, 360, PS3, & PSP titles have come from GS. B2G1 free? Yes please.

2) The 360 is a fantastic console with the best online experience for any console to date. It also has the best controller I've ever used. Most of the multi-platform titles released on the 360 and PS3 are better on the 360 as most of them are actually designed to run on the 360 first. This isn't true of every game, but I would bet that over 50% of them fit into this category. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had an issue with either of my 360s. I've been gaming for a long time and there's a reason I have over 100 360 games and 36 PS3 games. I don't hate the PS3 at all, it's also a great console. However, Microsoft absolutely nailed it with the 360 and I'm hoping that their next console can do the same thing.

It's fun to hate on the big boys until you consider the facts :)

id have to agree
the Xbox 360 controller is my fav. the PS3 is using a controller from last generation.
it also has dedicated graphics unlike the PS3's Chip (i could be wrong there)

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 01:16:59 pm »
PS3 vs. 360 is the Godwin's Law of video games this gen, folks. Can we not go there?

soera

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 01:18:57 pm »
If over 50% of your games come from gamestop, you can not consider yourself a gamer.
The Xbox 360 is a huge pile of crap.  Microsoft needs to stick to computer stuff and get the hell out of the console gaming business.

Ummm, no.

1) Most of my PS2, 360, PS3, & PSP titles have come from GS. B2G1 free? Yes please.

2) The 360 is a fantastic console with the best on-line experience for any console to date. It also has the best controller I've ever used. Most of the multi-platform titles released on the 360 and PS3 are better on the 360 as most of them are actually designed to run on the 360 first. This isn't true of every game, but I would bet that over 50% of them fit into this category. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had an issue with either of my 360s. I've been gaming for a long time and there's a reason I have over 100 360 games and 36 PS3 games. I don't hate the PS3 at all, it's also a great console. However, Microsoft absolutely nailed it with the 360 and I'm hoping that their next console can do the same thing.

It's fun to hate on the big boys until you consider the facts :)

1) B2G1 free of a whole lot of disk only stuff that people are trying to pawn off really doesnt sound all impressive.

2) Xbox has a horrible awkward controller that is too big and clunky. Their games mostly support the Gamestop way of thinking : FPS, racing, sports and mulitplayer online is the only way to proceed.

I hate on the big boys cause they deserve it. When a "game" store spends more time advertising that they buy iphones than anything to do with gaming, they should get out of the gaming market. And as far as this topic goes, its unpopular. Of course it seems the only one whose opinion is unpopular is mine.  :o

soera

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 01:20:17 pm »
And I agree this is going to turn into a giant troll and Im sure Ill piss off a few people in the process. But again the whole topic is "unpopular" gaming opinions.

scott

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »
Well, ya. And the only reason I mentioned the dig on buying games at GameStop is because I think it doesn't make sense. To me at least.

I could see not buying there, due to them starting cellphone and tablet trades/sales. Or because of their attitude. But I just don't understand how them being idiots makes a customer a baddie?

Hell, I look at it like any other place I might find a deal. If I can find something for cheap, I'll buy it. If they want me to reserve the latest game I don't care about, I say no thanks. Grab my deals and leave.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 01:45:43 pm »
1) B2G1 free of a whole lot of disk only stuff that people are trying to pawn off really doesnt sound all impressive.

I see your challenge and present you with this:

http://vgcollect.com/darko/ps2
http://vgcollect.com/darko/ps3
http://vgcollect.com/darko/psp
http://vgcollect.com/darko/xbox360

If I had to estimate, I would say that ~ 70% of everything in those lists is from GS...and I don't buy games in disc format unless they are complete.

2) Xbox has a horrible awkward controller that is too big and clunky. Their games mostly support the Gamestop way of thinking : FPS, racing, sports and mulitplayer online is the only way to proceed.

Feel free to take another look at this: http://vgcollect.com/darko/xbox360

I have several FPS titles, several racing games, and even several sports games. However, I don't think there's anyone here that would disagree that the majority of the time I've spent with the system, based on my collection, has been with the many offerings which do not fall into the "Gamestop way of thinking".

The controller argument is just a preference thing.

I hate on the big boys cause they deserve it. When a "game" store spends more time advertising that they buy iphones than anything to do with gaming, they should get out of the gaming market. And as far as this topic goes, its unpopular. Of course it seems the only one whose opinion is unpopular is mine.  :o

Sony = Big Boy. I find it absolutely hilarious that people try to make an argument for Sony while bashing Microsoft this generation. MOST of the games released that you (an many others) seem to have an issue with are multi-platform. And, if they're exclusives, the other company probably has a substitute exclusive.

As far as GS is concerned...yeah, we all hate them but they do offer a service that all of us benefit from now and then.

Also, soera baited me :) He knew what was coming.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:51:37 pm by darko »

jcalder8

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 01:47:51 pm »
And I agree this is going to turn into a giant troll and Im sure Ill piss off a few people in the process. But again the whole topic is "unpopular" gaming opinions.
I agree with you on this one. I was just curious about why you thought that I never thought people would jump all over it.

When I saw the title of the thread I figured that there wouldn't be much if any discussion since the opinions are unpopular so of course most of them could start an argument.

soera

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 01:51:33 pm »
I think its more along the lines of what people consider a "gamer". I watched the entire season of King of the nerds and almost every episode Danielle and Celeste were called professional gamers cause their involvement with CoD and WoW ... to me, thats not a gamer when thats your whole claim to fame and it (in a sense) exemplifies the type of person who does all their game shopping at Gamestop.

Again, there are 2 main words in the title of this topic. Unpopular and opinion. Not everyone is going to agree with me, obviously, but it is how I feel. I loathe the N64 and Dreamcast but that doesnt mean I loathe the people that use them or love them, we just disagree. I love the Saw movies series and Darko absolutely hates them. That doesnt mean he is wrong (he is, but whatever) that just means we have different tastes. Every topic on the planet has loves and hates (war, cars, abortion, politics, games, etc) and thats what makes this such an interesting planet.

darko

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:35 pm »
I think its more along the lines of what people consider a "gamer". I watched the entire season of King of the nerds and almost every episode Danielle and Celeste were called professional gamers cause their involvement with CoD and WoW ... to me, thats not a gamer when thats your whole claim to fame and it (in a sense) exemplifies the type of person who does all their game shopping at Gamestop.

Again, there are 2 main words in the title of this topic. Unpopular and opinion. Not everyone is going to agree with me, obviously, but it is how I feel. I loathe the N64 and Dreamcast but that doesnt mean I loathe the people that use them or love them, we just disagree. I love the Saw movies series and Darko absolutely hates them. That doesnt mean he is wrong (he is, but whatever) that just means we have different tastes. Every topic on the planet has loves and hates (war, cars, abortion, politics, games, etc) and thats what makes this such an interesting planet.

I just ate a sandwich, and it was FANTASTIC!

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »
Speaking of tasting things, I would appreciate it if someone would bring me donuts and fresh coffee because Monday is dumb.

scott

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 02:14:39 pm »
Personally, I prefer the 360's controller. It fits nicely in my hands and is comfortable to use, I've played all nighters on that controller and never had my hands get tired. The Sixxais and Dual Shock 3 on the other hand, I don't like how it fits and I do get sore spots on my hand from long plays. Not to mention, the battery is built in and it feels light and toy like compared to the nice solid feel of the 360 controller.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 02:19:23 pm »
Somehow I think this thread is going to turn into a giant troll.

Hahaha!

W/ the words "unpopular" *AND* "opinions" both in the title...how could it ever not?

...'cause; ya' know...*opinions* -and- all that  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »
Back to the unpopular opinions

I like the N64 Controller
I like Zelda II
I love SMB 2
I think FF VII is vastly overrated and is the single point where RPGs took a shit.
The PlayStation (PSone) is horrid.  The 3D is awful and forced. 
I don't like PC games
I have no problem with sports games coming out every year.  I've even bought a few back to back.  I like them.
Shooters don't bother me.  I've enjoyed a few.
I buy Call of Duty for the story.
I don't like Halo.  I've tried (I even just got Halo 4), but I'm just not down with it.
I think I'm done with the Zelda series. I just didn't like the last few.  I tried Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks, but no.
The Metroid Prime Series was a mistake.  Bring back Super Metriod
Soera is wrong about everything he says.   ;)

This list could get really long.
Most of my "Unpopular Opinions" are just unpopular with the retro crowd.  I like the games.  I like the games that I like.  I don't like some games.  It's an opinion.  They're like assholes.  Everyone has one.

sin2beta

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 05:31:38 pm »
I thought of one that reading the rest of the topic is bound to be unpopular.

- The 360 and PS3 are the same system. Seriously, flip a coin. It ain't the Genesis SNES days. The games look the same on the 360 vs PS3. What people criticize one system for, the other does it just as bad. They are both media hubs to the same degree. Sony has been trying to be an all-in-one entertainment device from the beginning. There are a few exclusives for each, but most are forgettable. But the systems are REMARKABLY similar and bland when it comes to identity. Neither company is focused on games. Just selling consoles. That is their business.

- Nintendo is the only company that still has a unique identity and feels like a console vs a stripped down PC. (although, I remember Mark from classic game room saying something similar in his Wii U review)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »
Soera is wrong about everything he says.   ;)

This is not an unpopular opinion. This is proven to be the anti truth.