Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge 2019  (Read 553 times)

52 Games Challenge 2019
« on: December 31, 2018, 05:05:06 pm »
It's New Year's Eve and that means it's time for a new thread for the VGCollect annual 52 games challenge.

Re: 52 Games Challenge 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 05:05:16 pm »
Met my goal in 2016, 2017, and 2018, with 2016/2017 being 104 games and 2018 being 52 games as the goals.  2015 I tracked the info super late and I had another really busy year that year.  Last year saw some changes in my life and I was unable to put as much time into my backlog as I used to, but I still managed to beat 52 games even though I didn't explicitly set it as my goal.  This year, I'm hoping to continue that trend and hit 52 games again.  I'm not going to explicitly carry over titles from previous years just like last year.  If I start playing such a game again, I'll bring over the info, but I'm not going to clog up my post with that info.

Quote from: Legend
bold games are games that have been beaten, previously beaten, or are unbeatable.
italicized games are in progress.
standard games are games I am not currently trying to beat.
strikethrough games are games that have been abandoned.

2019 52 Game Challenge
  • Ether One (PS4)
  • Moonlighter (NS)
  • Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
  • Owlboy (NS)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (NS)
  • Wild Arms 3 (PS4)
  • Sniper Elite 3 (PS4)

In a continued effort to keep track of my favorite games played each year.

Games played that released this year
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??

Games played NOT released this year
  • Moonlighter (NS)
  • Owlboy (NS)
  • ??

Games played overall this year
  • Moonlighter (NS)
  • Owlboy (NS)
  • ??

Honorable Mention
  • ??

Games in progress
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:30:10 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 05:05:23 pm »
Main List

Quote from: Legend
bold games are games that have been beaten, previously beaten, or are unbeatable.
italicized games are in progress.
standard games are games I am not currently trying to beat.
strikethrough games are games that have been abandoned.

1. Ether One (PS4)
Beat this one on New Years, but completely forgot about it because I sorta just purged this game from my mind.  Game isn't terrible per se, but I just wasn't into it and then I got to a point where there was a puzzle to complete and I couldn't find the answer.  I looked online and every response with an answer said that the answer to the puzzle isn't in the game and that you just have to trial and error until you get it right.  At that point I decided I was done with the game and just beat it about 15 minutes later, complaining the entire time.  Made my wife pretty angry because she really likes this game, but I can't stand it because of that.
Rating: Highly recommended... that you never touch this game... because it sucks.

2. Moonlighter (NS)
Decided to jump into this and I'm not sure why.  I was in the mood to play another Metroidvania game, so I started up Salt and Sanctuary, but I kinda wasn't feeling a Dark Souls metroidvania, so I abandoned it for the time being.  I'm really enjoying this game.  It's part Link's Awakening and part Harvest Moon with a little Binding of Isaac.  I'd consider this game rogue-ish or rogue-lite.  The dungeons are procedurally generated every time you enter, but I think when you die you just exit the dungeon having lost what you've collected and maybe your money, idk, I've yet to die with anything.  You exit the dungeon using a teleport device, but it costs money to leave, so you have to make sure you enter the dungeon with enough money to teleport out or you might wind up screwed.  The game does provide you a way to gain cash inside the dungeon, but it isn't efficient.  When you exit the dungeon you can go and open up your shop and sell what you collected in the dungeon.  The money you earn can be used to upgrade the town, your shop, or you.  Town and shop is pure money, upgrading town gives you new shops to buy from and upgrading your shop provides you manners of earning more money or improving yourself.  Upgrading yourself requires money and resources, so you have to manage keeping some resources for upgrades and selling what you don't need.  There's no permadeath aspect to this game, but I imagine if you die you lose a lot of resources and money.
Rating: Recommended.

3. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
I've been having the urge to play the old DKC games, and for sure I only know that I've beaten DKC1 before, I can't recall on DKC2 and I know for a fact that I've never beaten DKC3 because of my brother.  So I started it up a couple of days ago and beat it over the course of two evenings.  I did take a lot of breaks because I was getting sorta bored with the game.  Hopefully 2 and 3 can keep my attention better, but I find that linear platformer games generally lose my interest pretty quickly.
Rating: Recommended, it's a retro staple.

4. Owlboy (NS)
I'm still doing the intro to this game, but holy fuck does everybody hate this guy.  Writing this up well after I finished the game.  The controls of this game can be quite frustrating, particularly if you are a Smash player who doesn't use tap jump.  Both Up on the D-pad/Stick jumps and the jump button, so if you press jump and then up and jump, Owlboy will throw out his wings to fly and then immediately put them away and fall.  There is also a cannon mini-game, which is optional, that is frustrating in that the controls for it aren't... intuitive, I really can't explain it any better than that.  The game also has no map of any kind, so back tracking to find stuff just isn't reasonable.  Calling this game a metroidvania is being lenient with the term.  There is no back tracking, upgrades don't really exist, the game is largely linear, there is hardly an overworld, none of the areas interconnect, there's no map, equipment needed to access new areas are just given to you.  This is like a baby's first metroidvania.  Game is overall kind of disappointing if you put it to that comparison.  Even the combat in the game is sort of confusing and disappointing.  The only upside is that the story is pretty good, there are a couple of twists, and the ending is relatively nice.
Rating: Meh. Soft recommendation, it isn't terrible, but there are other games that are more worthy of your time.

5. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
Okay, first off, I've played this game a ton through my life and I just found out when playing this that the game is not called "Diddy Kong's Quest", it's called "Diddy's Kong Quest" like a pun on Conquest.  That fucked me up a little bit.  Don't really know what to say about this game, it's a lot more of the same from the first game, though Dixie does kind of lighten the difficulty with her helicopter hair.  Some of the levels are devilishly difficult and the levels in general seem longer than they were in the previous game.
Rating: Recommended, but definitely a scenario where the original is better than the sequel.

6. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)
Current Progress: Not sure yet, probably won't track this game at all given how short it is.
I've never really played this game before.  I'm sure I've told the story before, but I'll sort of give a quick run down again.  I got this game for Xmas one year, probably the year it came out, but that xmas we went to Louisiana to visit family for xmas and didn't bring our SNES.  My brother had to take a plane back home ahead of everyone else (we drove) because he had to go back to work, so he asked if he could take the game with him so he could play it since I couldn't play it anyway.  By the time we got back home he had already pawned the game to buy alcohol and drugs.  Never got to play it, my parents never rebought the game for me, and I only in recent years re-acquired the game, but still being so bitter about it never really got around to playing it.  So after being super bitter about this game for over 20 years, I'm finally getting to play it.  That being said, this game feels like a completely different game.  The controls feel more refined and the graphics look much better.  Mind you this game came out on SNES AFTER the N64 was already out.  The world seems more open with the boat thing, but I'm not far enough into the game to really understand any of that stuff yet.

7. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (NS)
Current Progress: Not sure, pretty early on.
Finished up Owlboy and decided to jump into another platformer.  I'm really enjoying playing platformers on the Switch and I'm actually kind of going big on platformers in generally lately, I'll probably get burned out at some point and need to go play something else.  Game appears to be fairly reminiscent of Wonder Boy 3... but I suspect that's the point.

8. Wild Arms 3 (PS4)
Current Progress: Little Rock
I started up this game at some point shortly after it came out on PS4.  Then I picked it back up last year when I needed a baby friendly game to play while my son is paying attention now that he's paying attention to things.  So this game is going to be played when I kind of can't play other games.  Finished the Prologue at some point last year and finished up the beginning train section on New Years.  So I'm just at the beginning of the game.  I love this game because of its part Zelda puzzle dungeon stuff and part traditional turn based RPG.  But 2 major complaints about this game that I forgot about.  1. The random battles while you are trying to solve a puzzle, it's frustrating having to do the like 15 steps of a puzzle, but having like 30 random battles, makes the puzzles less enjoyable because you have to essentially figure them out all over again after each battle, because who remembers what the puzzle was between the battles.  2. The games HIGH use of status effects.  After getting through the prologue stuff, almost every battle, random or boss, deals with you being given a plethora of status effects, so you are constantly having to manage curing these ailments and managing to keep remedies on hand for all of the 10 or so different status effects.  And some of the status effects are just plum pains in the ass.  Amnesia being the most annoying personally, because if you end a battle with Amnesia, you gain 0XP.  I've got one character with like 2k more xp overall than one of my other characters because he never gets amnesia and she ALWAYS gets amnesia.  Given battle will gain you about 20-30XP, with bosses handing out like 200-300xp.

9. Sniper Elite 3 (PS4)
Current Progress: Mission 2
Been wanting to continue this franchise for some time after really enjoying Sniper Elite V2.  So far, I'm not really enjoying this entry, but I think it's just the getting used to the controls again.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:51:11 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 05:07:34 pm »
Moving over Iconoclasts and Kingdom Hearts 2 over to this year to start things off.

-------------------------
GREEN - BEATEN - The games story or core experience has been finished.
BLUE - PLAYING - In the process of playing the game.
BLACK - ENDLESS/MULTIPLAYER - Games with no clear ending or purely for online multiplayer.
RED - DROPPED - Either hated the game, lost interest, or found reasons to quit.

-------------------------

1 - Iconoclasts (PS4 2018) - PLAYING
2 - Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (PS4 2017) - PLAYING
3 - Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4 2018) - PLAYING
4 - ZeroRanger (PC 2018) - PLAYING
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:31:36 pm by kamikazekeeg »

shfan

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 05:14:00 pm »
Haven't beaten it yet, will this be the year? Of course not!

Games beaten

01] The Game Paradise: Cruisin Mix (PS4) |1 Jan| Beaten on what must be arrange mode, the original arcade version was just ridiculous.
02] Saw: The Video Game (360) |11 Jan| Enjoyed it, another hidden gem. This is already taking too long between games being beaten though!
03] Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space (Vita) |14 Jan| Good fun as EDF games always are, so far so fine, still need to pick up the pace.
04] This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4) |22 Jan| Yet another replay of one of my favourite PS4 games, finally got January's share completed, need to keep up the pace.

Games Tried/Disliked/Got Rid Of

01] Gray Matter (360) Adventure game, interesting story but the game is unclear as hell with what it expects of you to progress, turned into an exercise in frustration and examing everything over and over.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:18:04 pm by shfan »

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 05:26:28 pm »
2019 New 52 Challenge

1. Destiny 2 (Xbox One) 1/1 - Beat
2. Moonlighter (Switch) 1/1 - Beat
3. Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy) 1/1- Beat
4. Bayonetta (Switch) 1/5 - Beat
5. Balloon Kid (Gameboy) 1/11 - Beat
6. Bayonetta 2 (Switch) 1/13/19 - Beat
7. Mega Man 11 (Switch) 1/13/19 - Beat
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:03:57 am by justin8301 »

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 05:55:52 pm »
I did 46 in 2018.  Let’s see if I can beat that!

1. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) - Beat
2. Ducktales (PS4) - Beat
3. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Richter and Maria) (PS4) - Beat
4. Ratchet & Clank (2016) (PS4) - Beat
5. Paper Mario (Wii) - Playing
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 12:03:12 pm by Cartagia »

Playing ~Something New~ @ http://www.twitch.tv/cartagiald

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 05:56:54 pm »
I skipped out this year, ready to jump back on 2019.  Shooting for 26, but let's see what happens. 

1.  Into the Breach- Beat 1/16/2019- This is one of those games where beating the game is really just scratching the surface, but I don't beat a ton of games so I'm going to count it.  Game is awesome. 
2. Celeste- Currently Playing
3. Dragon Quest XI- Currently Playing
4. Knack 2- Beat 1/20/2019- finally finished this one with my fiancee.  Gets a lot of hate but it's great co-op fun.  Dialogue/story is hilarious too. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:30:13 pm by NickAwesome »

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 05:57:57 pm »
I’ve just joined, but I would like a try at this!

Not sure I’ll manage 52, but I will give it a good crack  :)

Key
In progress
Beaten
Retired

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:44:35 am by rhinoceros »

telly

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 06:00:19 pm »
New Games Played in 2019:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge: Director's Cut (PS4)
2. Stardew Valley (PS4)
3. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4)

+ New Games Beat in 2019: (Click the link to see each post I made about the game!)    

Games Replayed in 2019   
Final Fantasy X (PS4) - 1.4

Previous Lists
2015 List
2016 List
2017 List
2018 List
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:33:12 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4), Stardew Valley (PS4)

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 06:14:56 pm »
January
1. VIP(PS1)
2. Rock'em Sock'em Robots Arena(PS1)
3. Tekken 3D: Prime Edtition(3DS)
4. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle(Xbox One)
5. Battle Arena Toshinden Remix(Saturn)
6. WWE 2K19(PS4)
7. The Town Of Light(XBO)

Playlist
WWE 2K19
The Town Of Light
Vampyr
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
Urban Chaos
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:35:44 am by droaa »

kevininja

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 06:46:10 pm »
January:
1. Rogue Quest: The Vault of the Lost Tyrant (Steam) | January 1st - 0.7 hours | ★★☆☆☆
2. DOOM 3 (Steam) | January 2nd - 10.6 hours | ★★★★☆
3. DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil (Steam) | January 2nd - 3.4 hours | ★★★☆☆
4. Princess Remedy 2: In A Heap of Trouble (Steam) | January 3rd - 1.7 hours | ★★★☆☆
5. Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (Steam) | January 6th - N/A | ★★★☆☆
6. What Never Was (Steam) | January 13th - 0.4 hours | ★★★☆☆
7. Vampyr (Steam) | January 13th - 27 hours | ★★★★☆
8. A Story About My Uncle (Steam) | January 14th - 2.4 hours | ★★★★☆
9. Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PSN) | January 16th - N/A | ★★★★☆
10. Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Farewell (PSN) | January 16th - N/A | ★★★★★
11. inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4) | January 20th - N/A | ★★★☆☆
12. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4) | January 20th - 5.8 hours | ★★★☆☆
13. What Remains of Edith Finch (Epic) | January 21st - N/A | ★★★★☆
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:28:45 am by kevininja »

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 11:03:41 pm »
1. Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (PS1): Ironically this was one of the last games I beat last year, so what better what to start the new year than by playing its vastly inferior PS1 port lol. In all seriousness though, MSHvSF on the PS1 is not a bad game, but it's hard to play when stacked up next to the Saturn version which is arcade perfect. Compared to the Saturn version, the graphics look more dull and less crisp, the sound is noticeably poorer in quality, the FPS and gameplay is slower, and the loading times are 4 times longer. Perhaps the biggest offense of the PS1 version, however, is how it completely takes out the tag team gameplay and substitutes it for an assist character mechanic, which is also present in the Saturn version, but wth the added benefit of being able to tag out and actually play as the other character you selected. Not the PS1 version; the 2nd character you pick will just pop in and deliver a single attack before disappearing again. This significantly changes how you play this version and makes it far more shallow and less interesting to play overall. I dare say it almost changes the nature of the game so much that this should almost be called a different game all together. Again, not a bad game, but just play the Saturn version. (1/1/19) [35/50]

2. X-Men vs Street Fighter (PS1): Just like the PS1 port of Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, the PS1 port of XvSF is vastly inferior to its Saturn port. However, in the case of XvSF, it's even more obvious. Every shortcoming that the PS1 port of MSHvSF has compared to the Saturn version is even more pronounced between the ports of XvSF. It doesn't end there however; the use of your secondary fighter is even more limited to just being able to use them during super moves which provides little to no strategy in the long run. Speaking of pointless/broken gameplay, this games pacing is even more stifled by blocking being OPed and having little consequence other than drawing out battles as long as possible. Despite this, the PS1 version of this game is still mostly fun, and if you do not have a Saturn or the means play the Saturn version of XvSF than it's okay I guess even if the PS1 version is so different and inferior that it's almost a totally different game. (1/2/19) [32/50]

3. Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBOX): Years ago when I first bought this game, I remember popping it in my XBOX and playing through about half the game before quitting in frustration. Returning to Orta years later I was reminded why I left he game in anger, but to an extent that was in part due to this game being particularly difficult, even on easy mode. Orta is an on-rails shooter just like the first two games in the series, and allows you to attack and be attacked from 360 degrees around you. This creates some frantic and fast paced gameplay, but is also the cause of a lot of frustration as the controls to move the camera can easily overshoot or undershoot your intended direction. Likewise, Orta adds a speed up/area shift mechanic where you and your dragon change positions relative to an enemy, typically a boss. This shift mechanic seemed to not work sometimes when it should have, resulting in some very cheap hits from bosses that were unavoidable. Another mechanic in this game that was a mixed bag was the dragon mode select, which is an ability to change your dragon to be a heavy and powerful type, but with poor maneuverability, a light type with poor attack, but with enhanced maneuverability, or a balanced type in between. Changing modes changes the physical appearance of the dragon which is cool, but I found myself using the balanced type 95% of the time which begs the question why this mechanic is in the game at all. Overall though, the gameplay works and is mostly functional, albeit with a few glaring and annoying problems. Regarding the music and graphics, both are excellent, especially the art direction of the game which is incredibly interesting and really gets you invested in the world the Panzer Dragoon games take place. Speaking of world building, there are a ton of unlockable extras in this game which help enhance that world building aspect and fill you in on the lore, creatures, factions, and all kinds of other info regarding the Panzer Dragoon universe. The best unlockable of all, which luckily only requires the game to be beat once, is the ability to unlock a complete port of the original Panzer Dragoon. There is no denying this game is damn good value in that regard. I'd definitely recommend this game even if it is no Star Fox 64 or Sin and Punishment. (1/5/19) [37/50]

4. Tekken 3 (PS1): I was watching old Classic Game Room episodes and for anyone familiar with the show, Mark, the host, loves him some classic Tekken. I originally got inspired to play Tekken 2, a game I've barely played, but unfortunately my copy will not work. So I did the next best thing and played Tekken 3. I rented Tekken 3 a really long time ago and remember thinking it was pretty fun. My opinion of it has not changed as I find the gameplay to be excellent and the graphics and sound to be above average as well. Perhaps the thing I enjoyed the most was unlocking new characters, modes, and seeing each character's movie once you beat Arcade mode with them. Tekken Ball mode is fun, but it's no Tekken Bowl, but then again nothing is. This is definitely a fun game, however I'm just not as much of a fan of Tekken a many other's who consider it to be the seminal 3D fighting series. I can certainly understand why they'd feel this way about it, but for me I prefer the 2D fighters. Still an excellent game, even to this day. (1/8/19) [35/50]

5. Elevator Action Returns (PS2): Knowing nothing about the original game, I found out about its sequel from a random youtube video recommendation and thought it looked really cool. Luckily for me this game is available on the Taito Legends 2 compilation; outside of that it was in the arcade or there is a very pricy import Saturn version. So after playing through the game I'm left feeling like I just played an okay arcade game that I'm honestly not surprised I'd never heard of it; the graphics were fairly unremarkable, although I liked the stage design, but the enemies and stage props were very repetitive. The soundtrack was also mostly nothing to right home about, although it occasionally had some catchy rifts. The gameplay was far from polished either, having various parts that were impossible to avoid getting hit and the amount of enemies were very imbalanced at times. On top of that, the controls did not allow you to succeed during the more difficult parts of the game, instead you had to just keep on using continues to push through them. Despite this, I mostly had fun with this game and enjoyed it, but it is far from an arcade title I'd recommend to others. (1/9/19) [28/50]

6. Bug! (Saturn): There are several Saturn games that are very nostalgic for me. I had two friends growing up, Tony and Evan, each had a Sega Saturn and beyond hanging out with them playing their Saturn games was my favorite thing to do when I went to their houses. My friend Evan had Bug! which at the time I thought was a cool, quarky platformer with a very 90s cartoonish mascot character, in the vein of Earthworm Jim or Boogerman. In that regard Bug! is great, but my praise of this game mostly ends there. Playing Bug! now I'm able to see that while it was a pioneer in early 3D platforming, the game just doesn't play that well and the combination of very basic controls, very hard gameplay, and various issues such as enemies charging you/firing things at you off screen and extremely hard to gauge jumps due to the game's 3D environments, make for a pretty unenjoyable game. The soundtrack is nothing more than very cartoonish loops that are fitting at first and then get annoying after hearing them for more than 10-minutes. Bug makes goofy comments that don't overstay their welcome which is nice, but that's about the best I can say regarding the audio. And then there are the graphics, which are mostly very plain with stages being maze-like and filled with the same dozen or so enemies with some unique bosses at the end of each stage. Overall, Bug! isn't a terrible game, but it isn't a good game either. I will give the developers a hand for creating one of the earlier 3D platformers available before Super Mario 64 created the gold standard in that genre, but sadly I just feel like playing games like Donkey Kong Country 2, Sonic and Knuckles, and various other 2D platformers that came out during the same time that are way, way better. I'd give this one a solid pass unless you are curious to see 3D platforming before Super Mario 64 revolutionized that entire genre. (1/17/19) [21/50]

7. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4): I remember how in awe I was regarding Shadow of the Colossus when I first played it earlier this decade on the PS2. I had a hard time believing I was actually playing a PS2 game given how visually stunning that game was. Unfortunately that level of awe is not carried over to the PS4 version, but still the remake of Shadow of the Colossus is an absolutely gorgeous game, especially the environments and various ruins throughout the game; they all leave you with a sense of wonder and awe, as well as a curiosity about the forbidden world the game takes place in. The soundtrack and overall soundtrack is also excellent, and I'm also a fan of them using a made up language for the characters with subtitles as I feel like it adds ro the game's immersion. My biggest gripe with Shadow of the Colossus and what holds it back from potentially being one of the best games I've ever played are the controls, particularly the climbing and platforming controls. I get that the game is trying to make things hard for you while you're attempting to slay a 50ft beast, but the camera has a bad habit of flipping out in the middle of the action, making certain fights needlessly hard. I also found the controls of the character, while riding the horse, and again while grabbing onto ledges clunky and unresponsive at times. You do sort of get used to the controls after a while, but you are still reminded nearly ever battle how much better they could have been. However, despite all of this, good and bad, the story, which is told minimally through the game's cut scenes and through a few short dialogue scenes is absolutely my favorite part; it gives you just enough info in order to leave a lot of the story up to your imagination which makes the game even more interesting than it already was. Combine this with one of my favorite video game endings and you have a game that is definitely worth playing at least once for the overall experience. This game is definitely in that masterpiece category, however for me it just doesn't cut in with how the game plays. (1/21/19) [39/50]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:46:07 am by bikingjahuty »

mizzach86

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 11:26:24 pm »
I'm in again. I started halfway through the year last year so we'll see what I can pull off from the beginning.

This year I'm going to focus on games I've never beaten or even played, especially newer games, since I ended up replaying a lot of games I have beaten before last year. For each game I'm also going to decide on "completion requirements" for when I can add the game to my "completed" list and I'll be posting those in future posts as well. I also made a resolution to learn how to play fighting games proper, so I'll probably have 2 or 3 of those I'll be playing all year  :)

I'll start with games I got for Christmas. Good luck to everyone!

() = Original platform
[] = Newer platform I played if different

Games I’m Playing
1. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch 2017)
2. Legend of Zelda, The: Breath of the Wild (Switch 2017)
3. Hitman: Game of the Year Edition (PS4 2017)
4. Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition (PS3 2012)
5. Doom 3: BFG Edition (Steam 2012)
6. Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition (XB1 2016)

Games I’ve Completed
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:37:05 am by mizzach86 »

shatterstar69

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 03:16:06 am »
Alright here goes.  First time for me and my backlog is huge that I don’t really know where to start
I mainly want to focus on the FF games I have never finished namely 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, and 15.
I have also never actually finished any of the Assassin’s Creed games.  I mainly want to focus on Ezio’s
Trilogy (2, Brotherhood and Revelations).

Here's my list:
GBA-
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
FF 5
Metroid Zero Mission

PS2-
FF 10
Guitar Hero 3
RC: Going Commando
RC: Up Your Arsenal
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

PS3-